It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: the Last Anti-Colonialist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
standpointmag.co.uk...

Fascinating to be able to get inside Obama's brain as seen through a psychological view point.

This is one scary guy, he is a master of deception, claiming one thing while believing another.

Many in Britain, I know, are deeply ambivalent about Britain's colonial legacy. But colonialism is now dead and so is anti-colonialism. No one today cares about it — except the man in the White House. He is the last anti-colonial. Obama's problem isn't that he opposes foreign subjugation. It is that he is trapped in his father's time machine. He is trying to apply the ossified, antiquated solutions of a generation ago to the very different problems of the world today. Obama's approach does poor countries no favours, because his remedies would not help them rise out of poverty. At the same time, Obama is trying to end America's leadership in the world, bringing to an end centuries of Western dominance. If he succeeds, the future for both America and Europe is likely to be less prosperous and less secure.

The anti-colonial hypothesis is not only psychologically plausible — it is rooted in Obama's own testimony about his father — but it also has tremendous explanatory power. It can account for Obama's domestic policy as well as his foreign policy, and it can also explain little details about Obama that no other theory can account for.

Well the truth is out there, all the pieces of the puzzle, if you have been following and researching for the last five years it all adds up.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is the major point made by this movie:

2012 U.S. Election Polls Effected by 2016: Obama's America - Documentary Doing Very Well !

Unfortunately after that point, the movie kind of flies off the path.

It's one of the BEST arguments I've seen made about Obama's world view anywhere.

100% dead on!

Also completely explained this event for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What's even sadder is that millions are rooting, voting for him. They appaud this approach, this behaviour.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I see no problem with pulling back from imperialism. Bring the troops home and stop giving away billions of dollars to foreign countries. Focus on our own infrastructure and borders.

Our continued military occupations and manipulation of other countries only increases our security problems. It's the reason so many hate the United States around the world. They want us out of their homelands.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm confused...

What is it that Libertarians and the Founders desire? Oh yeah...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I think what most people are concerned about is that it implies not a political ideology against imperialism in a historical context, but rather an anti-western prejudice in a modern cultural context.

Obama hung around some pretty radical folks who saw western 'privilege' and culture as a cancer in the world. You don't deny that, do you?

Here is Dinesh D'Souza's explanation:

Regardless of how you see Beck's show, this analysis (haven't posted all of the videos, but you can easily find them) makes an interesting case.
edit on 24-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Also completely explained this event for me.

Exactly, just one of many, right in plain sight.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oh thanks Loam I hadn't seen that video.

A major problem is the people that are willing to vote for him again, fall into many different categories, many probably just think he is cute.

Many think like he does.

Immigrants that came to American like mine, didn't come to have to live under the same conditions they left, and he pretty much plays everybody for a fool.

If they knew the truth, which I believe most don't, because the truth is so bizarre it is hard to fathom, they might just change their mind.

But people are gullible, and I think people don't want to believe the truth, it is frightening.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm neither a Rommdroid nor a Obamdroid. With that much clear Gary North's assessment of D'Souza's documentary about Mr. Obama is both detailed and damning.

www.garynorth.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by Kovenov because: clarified

top topics

join