It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama media is now lying about his rally attendance numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The media now lying about Obama rally attendance numbers. It reminds me of when they lied about tea party numbers, saying they were much lower than they actually were.

newsbusters.org...

Saturday, Joel Pollak at Breitbart's Big Journalism observed that President Obama is having some trouble drawing big crowds these days, and that the national press is exaggerating the turnout at his events.

He specifically cited the situation this weekend where Politico and the Wall Street Journal claimed there were "18,000 people inside a 5,000-seat arena at an Obama event in Milwaukee on Saturday." I looked at the Associated Press's national site, and the AP did the same thing, while adding that the crowd with the made-up size was "the largest yet of Obama's reelection campaign." Really.

The contradiction was first noted by battlegroundwatch.com. Local media, including the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reported that Obama had addressed "supporters who filled the 5,000-seat BMO Harris Pavilion, along with thousands more who sat in bleachers and stood on the pavement beyond the protection of the roof, even as wind and rain lashed down in the latter moments of the near 30-minute speech."
The pavilion was not "filled"--a local reporter for Patch.com filmed empty seats in the bleachers at the side of the arena (see above). Nevertheless, the Journal-Sentinal played it safe, putting attendance at roughly 5,000-plus, a small but respectable turnout.

That's not how national media covered it. Darren Samuelsohn of Politico reported that the president addressed "a crowd the Obama campaign estimated at 18,000 in a city park overlooking Lake Michigan" in an attempt to "lock up" Wisconsin.

Of course it's not Fox News, so most of ATS will ignore this thread because they're fine with media lies as long as it's a means towards an ends they agree with.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
There could be many reasons as to why some media outlets are reporting higher attendance numbers than others. They could have simply gotten the attendance numbers from a bad source. Either way this is just shabby journalism.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Kinda a lame issue, both sides pump up their numbers.

The only numbers that matter will happen in November.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As predicted, tumble weeds. No thread that's critical of Democrat partisan media or Obama gets much traction on these forums. I think it goes to show how utterly hypocritical most of the members are. Think about it the next time you see a thread raging about Fox News or Romney.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Its just like the polls, how skewed they are.... There are more republicans today than democrats (you can thank Obama for that one), the real polls should show Romney up about 7 points.... But the WH would have such a field day if that happened, these low key numbers will push dems not to vote since most are lazy and on unemployment anyways... If the numbers look close the Dems will stay home... Just like 2010

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You mean this rally?

www.democraticunderground.com...

The crowd looks quite large, I don't see empty seats or any indication that there would be a problem with the numbers, lots of people there.

I've never seen a Romney rally with close to that number of people. I'm not sure why people even attempt to dispute that Obama is clearly more popular at campaign stops when there is photographic evidence that proves this.

By the way, the link with the pictures is from your own source, this is what they used to "prove" the crowd wasn't that big.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

It only hold 5 thousand to begin with. Where is this 18,000 number coming from?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

When has Romney had a crowd that big no matter what the count was?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

It only hold 5 thousand to begin with. Where is this 18,000 number coming from?

Did you read your own source or any of the other sources?

It "seats" 5000, how many of those people in the pictures do you see sitting? The majority of people inside and outside of the outdoors pavilion are standing.

Just because a place has 5000 seats doesn't mean the maximum people that can go to the rally is 5000.

If I may ask you a question, do you think this is a larger crowd then you have ever seen at a Romney event? If you think Romney has had larger crowds, can you provide photographic evidence?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

That second picture is a good one.

I'm not sure why people are trying to deny that Obama drew a huge crowd?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that the Link in the OP does not provide any evidence for his claims, and the entire article is based on the comments of a Breitbart writer?

I don't doubt that Obama would inflate his numbers to make himself seem more popular, but if people are going to claim as much at least they can back it up with some proof......not speculation while they harp on the other MSM outlets for reporting what they did.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Not hard to do when you have Hollywood and the MSM constantly propping him up as the second coming, while demonizing his critics are evil incarnate racists. Congratulations, you have the propaganda machine on your side.

Originally posted by HostileApostle

I'm not sure why people are trying to deny that Obama drew a huge crowd?

Nobody said anything about that. We're disputing the 18,000 number when the stadium only holds 5 thousand. Keep deflecting with red herrings though. I know you have no other recourse.
edit on 24-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You would think that Romney could draw huge crowds with his ties to Clear Channel and talk show host. But Romney has one problem. Just like the Olympics he ran. He thinks the money is his and can only be used to buy influence or line his own pockets. He does not want to share his money unless it is to buy power. During the Olympics he wanted every body to Volunteer to work.

www.deseretnews.com...

PROVO -- Mitt Romney's stated desire to make the 2002 Winter Games the "Volunteer Olympics" appears to be right on track.

usgovinfo.about.com...

GAO researchers found that 24 federal agencies reported providing or planning to provide a combined total of almost $2 billion, in 1999 dollars, for Olympic-related projects and activities for the 1984 and 1996 Summer Olympic Games and the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
•1984 Summer Games in Los Angeles -- $75 Million
•1996 Summer Games in Atlanta -- $609 Million
•2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City -- $1.3 Billion

According to the GAO, about $513 million of the above was provided or planned to be provided for projects or activities such as providing security or transporting spectators. That $513 million, says the GAO, would not have been spent had the Games not been held in the United States.

The other $1.4 billion either went to or will go directly to the cities of Atlanta and Salt Lake City for Olympics-related projects such as highways, mass-transit, and capital improvements (utility improvements, buildings, arenas, etc.). Of course, these improvements will continue to benefit the host cities and states long after the Games. While the GAO found that most of these funds might have been provided to the cities or states through other federal programs, the funds could have been provided later if the cities were not Olympic hosts.

The price went from millions to billions and he had to have volunteers to do the work?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems there are 5000 seats under the roof.
www.summerfest.com...
But how many are standing hillside? They say 5000 can fit.
7500 people can fit in other areas not facing the stage. Other venue areas.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Nobody said anything about that. We're disputing the 18,000 number when the stadium only holds 5 thousand. Keep deflecting with red herrings though. I know you have no other recourse.

Well, I did address that in a post, but you seemed to have ignored it.

It seems that you are the one deflecting and ignoring facts.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Put another notch on the ol' belt!!!!

1 lie, 2 lies, 3 lies, 4, lies......Oh I give up.......I would need 6 posts to fill this count up!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Kinda a lame issue, both sides pump up their numbers.

Even that will not matter,remember Florida

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just like the media overstates Democrats in their polls. This is no different.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
As predicted, tumble weeds. No thread that's critical of Democrat partisan media or Obama gets much traction on these forums. I think it goes to show how utterly hypocritical most of the members are. Think about it the next time you see a thread raging about Fox News or Romney.

Really?

79 flags
www.abovetopsecret.com...

83 flags
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Please tell us that you didn't quote that horrid far left echo chamber - Democratic Underground - as a source for reliable information ?? Those yoddles tombstone anyone who dares tell negative truths about democrats. Very odd place ....

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join