It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Storm bringing 60 + mile hour winds plus a massive sheet of rain Red Amber alerts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It's been freezing up here in Cumbria, just the other day someone posted on Facebook that it was snowing in Carlisle!

I think we have had 10 full days max of hot sunny weather up here, any other time it's just rain rain and more sodding rain.

I can half believe the Iranian presidents accusations of the West stealing their rain, they are channeling it over the lake district in the UK!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just a quick update on the barometer, it has dropped but not by much, still at stormy rather than OMG run!
Hope it stays that way and the weather is just normal for the UK, Frost first thing, bit of fog later before sun breaks through the temp rising to the 30's, when it's all down to the pool, followed by rain, then sleet and ending up with snow and Eskimos asking for shelter!

Then it will be lunch time. Haha

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was watching the BBC Countryfile weather around 8.50 pm this evening and the reporter mentioned that some of the rain clouds were up to 7 miles deep (as in height) well that dosent happen very often ,its not raining in teesside just yet but will be before midnight apparently and the wind is getting stronger stay save all you uk ats members

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
What utterly bizarre weather we have in this country! Yesterday was my daughters 21st birthday, and at one point we considered buying a disposable barbecue and having a beach party, thats how hot it was! and now today, this!

Take it your 'frillies' wont be out on the washing line this time then?

Hope this thread...weather permitting...developes the way 'hurricane Bowbag' did.....haven't had such a good laugh since!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 23-9-2012 by angelchemuel because: keyboard!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghezuz
I can't wait to read the post that is going to connect that weather alert to the ufo sightings and Nibiru.

i was exactly thinking the same thing in my subconscious
thank you for being that first post

edit on 9/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My station is saying Moderate breeze at the moment at 20 mph. Half inch of rain. Yeh! puddles and I don't have to water. Glass still falling

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghezuz

So my theory of cloaked Alien craft seeding the clouds with projectiles disguised as meteors to cause this weather should maybe be postponed

On a serious note, A30 here in Cornwall has approx 2" of standing water, very very heavy rain and is foggy to boot

Not good at all

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
gonna get worse people, if I were you Id get used to it...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Funny, was just sat thinking jeez the wind is getting loud out there and then the rain started lashing against the windows as I was scanning recent posts and saw this thread. Yep the storm is here in East Yorks.
I hate the wind. (2.24am here)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Any updates from the UK?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Rain and wind in the UK at the tail end of September is the norm!.....what exactly was anyone expecting?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Today after midday its starts getting rough..yeah its the norm..but a heads up is good..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Not much in the north east yet...one or two torrential showers, sky very dark, and windy on and off....we can kinda see it coming in from the coast. My ears are popping though, which usually means the pressure is dropping!

We can't ever dismiss stuff like this as just a storm, as we can't have any idea how it will pan out. Look what happened the last time the Met Office famously denied we were to be hit by a hurricane....not that this is one of those, but better to be safe.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Uk Storm bringing 60mph

This is a joke right ?

60mph is nothing but a normal moderate winters day here in Cornwall.

If this was a 'once in a 30 year storm', then they are worth watching.

Its an ordinary winters day. Move along.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well its been raining here in Glasgow, there isn't any wind at the moment, but looks like there will be heavy rain here all day long, I better look out my canoe so I can get to work.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

i am in the north west ( LANCASHIRE ) and we have a fool proof way of forecasting the weather .

open a window and hold out your hand , if it comes back wet , its raining if it comes back dry , it will rain later .

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
My gardens flooding. My strawberry patch is drowning
But hey...I brought the tomatos in last week....great to be able to pick literally fresh off the vine without putting my wellies on!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

lol yeah not much happening in east yorks gonna pick up for 48 hours..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It was raining very heavily all night last night till about 9 am, and the wind is crazy!

I love this kind of weather though.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Uk Storm bringing 60mph

This is a joke right ?

60mph is nothing but a normal moderate winters day here in Cornwall.

If this was a 'once in a 30 year storm', then they are worth watching.

Its an ordinary winters day. Move along.

Normally I would agree with you, this isn't very dramatic for a storm. I've even said that before when we had the last one a few months ago and everyone was acting like it was the end of the world.

However, this isn't just about wind. In fact, the weather reports I have seen suggest that the wind is only going to cause minor damage here and there, mostly with falling branches.

The real problem is the geographic size of this storm, and the rainfall. The Earth can only take so much rainfall before the runoff starts to cause flooding, and as you know there are plenty of places in the UK that flood pretty quickly these days.

The longer it is hovering over us (I heard one report suggesting rain for three days) the higher the risk of large-scale flooding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join