It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was william branham the last prophet ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, he did claim to have brought a fish back to life, if that's any help.

About 30 minutes later a strange feeling fell over Brother Branham. He looked toward the trees on the shore line and there moving as a whirlwind came the sound of a rushing wind, and the Spirit of God spoke again, "Stand up. Speak to the little fish and it shall have its life."

Immediately he stood to his feet and cried, "Little fish, I give you your life."

That dead fish, which only seconds before was floating on the lapping waves drifting toward shore suddenly flipped over and swam like a shot out to the depths. Banks Woods felt the awe of the miracle and said as did the apostles of old at the mount of transfiguration, "It is good for us to be here." (Source)

Here's the accounting of him resurrecting a person, though: www.williambranhamhomepage.org...

I don't know, but after reading some of his claims and beliefs, he sounds like a nut to me.

Oh, and he can't be Elijah, because this goofball says that he is: www.iprojectelijah.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
reply to post by WarminIndy

Thanks for your reply , do you remember any other things they said about him or was you too young ,
I think its a small amount of Christians that are believing he was the last prophet in particular the church my brother go's to and pays a percentage of his wage to ,
I have been to his church and the pasta there drives a big flash 4x4 so i don't know if there is something wrong with his chosen church or not

When I was young, there were a lot of big preachers who were waning in popularity. A.A. Allen had died of alcohol poisoning. Leroy Jenkins went to prison for conspiracy and arson.

What I remember about William Branham is that he could not find a following in Indiana and went to Kentucky and found a following there. The churches he went mostly to were snake handlers, all of which are Oneness. This was before he became really big. There was a quote attributed to him that I remember grown-ups saying. He apparently told someone that the reason he went to the hills of Kentucky was that the people there were ignorant and illiterate.

My grandmother didn't think he was a prophet, but at that time, there was a huge revivalist movement going on and a lot of preachers were just making a big name. Aimee Semple McPherson was the biggest and a movie based on her life was made. That was Elmer Gantry.

My great-grandmother became a snake handler after listening to him preach. I think his followers embellished a lot of what he preached about.

Back in those days it was common to "follow preachers" like they would be on tour. If a preacher came to town, whole families packed in cars and went to see him, because it was a kind of entertainment for them. They did not believe in going to movies or having a tv. And this is how most preachers would get caught, they would hire someone from one town to go to another and pretend they were healed so the people would give them more offerings.

I think the appeal of the revivalist movement was because it was so different from what people were used to and it did not matter if you had money or not, you could go listen. Many times white and black people sat together in these churches.

If you really want to get an idea, watch Elmer Gantry, because it was as close to those preachers as you could get. I remember when I was about three or four years-old, my dad and my grandmother drove all the way to Fort Wayne, Indiana to see Leroy Jenkins. Not long after was when the FBI caught him for the conspiracy, fraud and fire. Leroy Jenkins really made a lot of money because he had friends in Hollywood, like Barbara Stanwyck.

William Branham was just another preacher, but there are a small number of people following his teachings.

He would be a big name on tv today, and yes, a lot of modern preachers are like him. I remember sometime around 1989, the FBI came to my grandmother and asked her why she sent such a large amount of money to Leroy Jenkins. She had sent $12,000 and the FBI was trying to confirm it, because he had to pay people back.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Well, he did claim to have brought a fish back to life, if that's any help.

About 30 minutes later a strange feeling fell over Brother Branham. He looked toward the trees on the shore line and there moving as a whirlwind came the sound of a rushing wind, and the Spirit of God spoke again, "Stand up. Speak to the little fish and it shall have its life."

Immediately he stood to his feet and cried, "Little fish, I give you your life."

That dead fish, which only seconds before was floating on the lapping waves drifting toward shore suddenly flipped over and swam like a shot out to the depths. Banks Woods felt the awe of the miracle and said as did the apostles of old at the mount of transfiguration, "It is good for us to be here." (Source)

Here's the accounting of him resurrecting a person, though: www.williambranhamhomepage.org...

I don't know, but after reading some of his claims and beliefs, he sounds like a nut to me.

Oh, and he can't be Elijah, because this goofball says that he is: www.iprojectelijah.com...

Adjensen, I see Green Lantern is on his ministry team...

Why don't you give a disclaimer for these links...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I gew up in Kentucky and i know all about the snake handlers, they like to ignore the "tempt not the Lord your God to wrath". Paul was bitten by an asp on accident and it didn't harm him, he didn't go out of his way to grab the damned thing and play with it. Heard of alot of people dying in those cults too, i guess their faith wasn't strong enough, that's what they would tell you and make you believe. Them getting bitten is what i call God teaching them a lesson in humility, something those cults need more of.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, William is a false prophet,

and as far as that "Elijah" all I can say is..... wow.... Satans demons have certainly done a number on that poor mans soul (mind, will, emotions).

Sad, sad, sad

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

False doctrines of demons brought about by a lack of understanding of the Holy Scriptures....

Sad....

1 Timothy 4:1-5 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
edit on 22-9-2012 by godlover25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
thanks for your replies ,my mind is still the same, he was not a prophet with the spirit of Elijah unfortunately my brothers mind is still the same , but he has always been gullible ,,

I have been listening to william branham's feast of the trumpets and he just comes across to me as just a preacher and i didn't agree or believe what he was saying ,eg the first trumpet was to call the Jews to some gathering ,and that the locusts in rev 9:3 are souls of devils that are released from the Euphrates,,
edit on 23-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

thanks for your replies ,my mind is still the same, he was not a prophet with the spirit of Elijah unfortunately my brothers mind is still the same , but he has always been gullible ,,

I have been listening to william branham's feast of the trumpets and he just comes across to me as just a preacher and i didn't agree or believe what he was saying ,eg the first trumpet was to call the Jews to some gathering ,and that the locusts in rev 9:3 are souls of devils that are released from the Euphrates,,

Maybe you can turn your brother loose on this guy: Formerly 2010rapture.org, he seems batty for the Feast of the Trumpets thing, as well. Did a faceplant failure "rapture is going to happen, 100% guaranteed" in 2010, and he's now claiming it's in 2017 or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Maybe you can turn your brother loose on this guy: Formerly 2010rapture.org, he seems batty for the Feast of the Trumpets thing, as well. Did a faceplant failure "rapture is going to happen, 100% guaranteed" in 2010, and he's now claiming it's in 2017 or something.

Genuine false prophet because Jesus himself said he would come like a thief in the night which is a play on the High Priests duties in the temple. When the High Priest would find a fellow priest sleeping on duty, he'd take coals from the fire and throw them on the unawares priest and set him ablaze and burn his clothes off, while the priest was running around looking for water his linens would burn off leaving him a naked mess and shame him...if he survived the burns. So Christ coming upon those like a thief in the night is a bad thing because it means they were sleeping on duty when they should have been watching. This is why we have the immenence doctrine when he can come at anytime.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

"he believes william branham was the last prophet for told in the bible...'

Contrary to popular belief, God has NOT gone into early retirement...

“For I am the Lord, I do not change.” - Malachi 3:6

Prophets MUST exist today because God NEVER sends judgment without first revealing to his prophets what he plans to do:

"Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

"What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:28

Here are just a few examples of TRUE Prophets:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I seriously doubt your brother resurrected anyone, that hasn't been seen since the first generation. Not saying it isn't possible but i doubt it.

So did Thomas...

Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
William Branham was one of the greatest men of God in history but because of his errors, his life was cut short.

THE PROPHECY - As retold by Freda Lindsay

One day Kenneth Hagin came into our offices. He handed Gordon a piece of paper on which was written a prophecy he said the Lord had given him. The prophecy stated that the leader of the deliverance movement was soon to be taken in death because he was getting into error, and the Lord was having to remove him from the scene for that reason. Gordon took the prophecy and placed it on his desk.

After Brother Hagin left, I asked, “What do you think about this? Is this Branham?”

Gordon answered gravely, “Yes, it is Branham. He is getting into error. He thinks he is Elijah. He thinks he is the messenger of the covenant.”

Two years later, William Branham, who had moved from his home in Jeffersonville, Indiana, was driving to Tucson, Arizona, his new base. In West Texas he had a head-on collision with a drunken driver and on Christmas Eve, 1965, he departed this world, even as the prophecy had stated. A tremendous ministry that had veered off course!

Was William Branham’s Death Foretold in 1964?

THE PROPHECY - As retold by Kenneth Hagin

In this prophecy, the Lord also said, “At the end of ’65, he who now stands in the forefront of the healing ministry as a prophet will be taken out of the way. He’ll make a false step and Satan shall destroy his life, but his spirit will be saved, and his works will follow him. Ere ’66 shall come, he shall be gone.

...the Lord explained to me, “I had to permit him to be removed because of the damage he was causing in the Body of Christ.”

Brother Lindsay said, “I told him, ‘You’re not a teacher, so don’t try to teach.’” He was a preacher and a good one at that, and he had marvelous manifestations of the Holy Spirit in his ministry.

Brother Lindsay said, “I begged him not to teach. I said, ‘You don’t know the Bible, and you’re confusing folks. Leave the Bible teaching to the teachers. Just go ahead and preach and exercise the word of knowledge and gifts of healings as the Spirit wills, and be a blessing to the Body of Christ.’ “

This prophet said to Brother Lindsay, “I know I’m not a teacher, but I want to teach. And I’m going to teach!”

Was William Branham’s Death Foretold in 1964?

God kills leaders who lift themselves up (Herod and the worms). He kills people with impure motives who try to hoodwink His authority (Ananias and Sapphira). As the Lord brings back more of this restorational truth with full streams of resurrection life and righteous justice flowing, more incidents like these will happen. This is why we must be in tune with accurate prophetic ministry. Many will read the headlines, but those with prophetic insight will know what really happened.

Three of the major healing evangelists in the 50’s and ‘60’s, perhaps the three who had the most miracles, Jack Coe, William Branham, and A.A. Allen, all died at the hand of the Lord. The Lord told different prophets that He was going to take them out because of various sins that had developed in their lives. A. A. Allen could not walk in the truth revealed to Him by God, and he found himself judged by his own words. God will take leaders out who misrepresent Him. Expect to see a fresh wave of this in the coming days.

Satan kills to prevent the Lord’s destiny from occurring in people’s lives. Whether it is the drunk driver who snuffs out a teen-ager’s life; the abortionist who mangles the unborn; or the drive-by shooter who randomly fires into a house with children, satan has no qualms about killing without mercy.

God kills when His ministers refuse to walk in holiness. He kills when governmental leaders lift themselves up as God. He kills when the impure meets up with the pure. And He will be in killing mode when after all else has failed, payday has come to this world.

Meet God the Killer

Here is the straight, non-sugarcoated truth: We all are going to have to meet God the Killer. And it is at the cross we meet Him. We allow Him to bind us to the altar, submitting to His knife. As He raises that knife, the cross, the word of God, we say, “Yes, Lord. Kill everything in me that is not of You.” As He works the cross into us, His nature, the very fragrance of heaven replaces the old nature, which has now been killed.

GOD IS A KILLER

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

so he was a great man just not the 7th angel of the 7th church

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

God bless you my friend.
I have never met William Branham , but I do know quiet a lot about him. I know of the many miracles that The Lord worked through him, including the raising of the dead. All of the above has proof.
If you need answers to any questions , I would be glad to answer as much as I would be able to

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

God bless you friend, has anybody ever listened to a sermon of William Branham, to hear straight from him , what he preached and really believed.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

My precious friend.
I understand you must be very concerned about your brother, which is what a real brother should.
But I would advise you, I know you say you have listened to a tape of William Branham, " feast of the trumpets" but have you sincerely before The Lord , with no biase at all gone before The Lord and asked Him to show you if the spirit in William Branham is of God or not, then listen to the same message again,but prayerfully with your BIBLE.
Because I really believe there is a lot you are missing.
When you see something from far and don't understand it, it looks scarey and something to be afraid of, and almost cultish , but look at everything through the eyes of the Word.

God bless you

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimeeagle

i know of the story behind the so called bringing someone back to life and it smells of bs , if they did the same thing now even people at the church would laugh ,,i can not take William branham or my brother seriously

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He was a false prophet. He was not a Christian.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

how did you come to the conclusion he was not Christian

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

how did you come to the conclusion he was not Christian

I don't know about TrueJew's reasons, but Branham was anti-Trinitarian, which is one of the defining characteristics of Christian faith, so saying he (and those that agree with him) was not a Christian is a reasonable statement.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join