It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy. Political views. Let's see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hello fellow members and viewers of the post.
I’ve got couple questions, all about democracy.

Which I assume you may enjoy and hopefully realise the ‘true democracy’ that we live in.
Some may have the knowledge of this but if you feel like answering the questions it would be helpful. I would love to see how people contribute to their government.

So here we go my swell friends!

1. When a referendum appears, do you contribute to the vote?

2. Do you vote for a candidate because of his manifesto or because of the political party they are representing?

3. On a scale of 1-10, how democratic do you consider your country?

4. Patriotism or nationalism?

5. Final question. Do you feel embarrassed by your political views?

Just short 5 questions, feel free to answer them if you want. I just really want to see how democratic you consider your country and additionally how you contribute to your country. Hopefully I can expand on this one day

Thanks for reading!

-Hellzdoms

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Ill play.

1. on the local level yes, beyond that it tends to be the realm of our reps.

2. I research their history and views, if it matches what I believe ill vote, even if not 100% there are key issues I look for.

3. Not at all, its a Representative republic, not a true democracy despite how they try to under educate us of that fact.

4. I think in the modern world those two things are dangerous, and can lead to easy manipulation of the masses, Knowledge trumps ideologies, the problem with being that way is you can drop facts in favor of your pre-assumed stance.

5. No, I lean Constitutional libertarian, but on some issues I am Conservative, On some liberal. No one should align 100% with any one party, if you do than you should seriously question your outlook.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
dont believe in and have no need for any governments.. leaders.. religions ... quite capable of thinking for myself and taking care of myself...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
dont believe in and have no need for any governments.. leaders.. religions ... quite capable of thinking for myself and taking care of myself...

A true anarchist, not a bad thing. Only problem is I dont trust my fellow man to do the same.

top topics

join