It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims act of kindness while being robbed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Amazing story. A true human being.

Only Love & compassion will change this world.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Was the robber also a muslim, judging by his body movements I'd say yes.

Would the same shop keeper do the same for a Kafir?

I'll believe that there are good muslims when I see groups walking the streets, feeding and caring for the homeless (regardless of faith or race), much like the Salvation Army dose.

When I see muslim soup kitchens and hostels that will cater to anyone needy.. Muslim and kafir alike.

There was a news article here in Melbourne a few months back about a homeless man who was nearly beaten to death by muslims, because he took shelter under the enterance of their Mosque, because he desecrated their holy place with his presence. I'll see if I can track that one down and show you how even the "good" muslims behave towards tthose that do ot follow their faith.
edit on 9/23/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

"Was the robber also a muslim, judging by his body movements I'd say yes.

Would the same shop keeper do the same for a Kafir?"

Actually I think the robber was a Christian ( the term Kaffir is extremely offensive to some people). Apparently he told the shopkeeper that he would consider converting to Islam after seeing the error of his ways.

Very laudable that you encourage people to help the needy, I hope that you are actually setting an example by doing charitable works yourself.

I am very surprised that this thread has not been twisted into " Mad Muslim converts Baseball enthusiast at gunpoint."

"There was a news article here in Melbourne a few months back about a homeless man who was nearly beaten to death by muslims, because he took shelter under the enterance of their Mosque, because he desecrated their holy place with his presence. I'll see if I can track that one down and show you how even the "good" muslims behave towards tthose that do ot follow their faith."

As for this it sounds like the bullsh1t one sees at JihadWatch. not all the story is being told. Non Muslims are not allowed into mosques, they are not attacked, this guy was probably told that his presence was not wanted, he may have been drunk which is not really appropriate in holy ground and he kicked off. No Muslim on their way to prayer would dirty themselves with touching an infidel.
edit on 23-9-2012 by abdel because: who cares?

edit on 23-9-2012 by abdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
A friend of mine who had just left a medical appointment he had taken his wife who was dying of cancer from had found that when they gotten out to his old pickup truck it wouldn't start... There were a small group of well dressed people that were leaving in their cars after visiting a patient in the hospital that saw that they needed help and offered to help.. One of them had tools in the trunk of the car and began removing the defective starter motor while people in another car helped his wife into another car to get her out of the heat.. The guy who removed the starter left and went to find a auto parts store, returned with the part and cold drinks installed it on the truck and refused to take any money for the part or help and instead insisted that my friend accept money from him... He said that they were the nicest people he'd ever met and that they were Moslems that had been visiting a person of their faith that was also dying from cancer... It didn't matter to them that his wife was Jewish either.... I've never cared about a person's faith, color or nationality if they were in need of help or stranded I will do my best to help them out and my friend was the same way.. Both of us also happen to be atheist and Vietnam combat vets that had seen the worst of what human beings are capable of doing to each other....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Just wanted to post this video on ATS to remind people that not every muslim is an extremist. This store owner is getting robbed, he pulls out a gun, the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding. The muslim then gives him $40 and a loaf of bread, making him promise not to steal again.

Whereas the context of this story is rare, the kindness of this individual shouldn't be brushed aside. Its also worth noting that its not his religion that makes him a decent person, its his humanity. Some people on ATS should learn to seek to see the difference instead of just bashing muslims as a whole.
edit on 21-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Oh well.... that's the way it goes.... Now, if muslims would just stop trying to take over the world, kill all the Jews and Christians, and live in peace with those who don't believe what they do, and stop rioting in the streets over cartoons and movies, I might (and I mean might ) buy into the good Samaritan muslim. But after all I've seen and heard... I don't think so.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

My point of this thread is that to many people on ATS painting ALL muslims with the same broad brush. This is an example of a man who is defying this new stereotype that all muslims want to kill you and convert you to their way of thinking.

People who stereotype other groups of people into ONE catagory can be considered EXTREME in their thinking. Its quite embarrassing to see that type of thinking here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Just wanted to post this video on ATS to remind people that not every muslim is an extremist. This store owner is getting robbed, he pulls out a gun, the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding. The muslim then gives him $40 and a loaf of bread, making him promise not to steal again.

Whereas the context of this story is rare, the kindness of this individual shouldn't be brushed aside. Its also worth noting that its not his religion that makes him a decent person, its his humanity. Some people on ATS should learn to seek to see the difference instead of just bashing muslims as a whole.

That's a successful AMERICAN Muslim. Had this happened in Iran or Saudi Arabia, I believe the man would've had his hands chopped off or something of the sort. Nobody bashes Muslims as a whole; only the ignorant and violent ones who want to kill or maim in the name of their "peaceful" god.

So because he's AMERICAN he's automatically got a heart??? Its almost like you're suggesting that people from muslim countries lack any human capacity to be kind and compassionate, is that the point you're trying to make?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacebumZaphod
Great heartwarming story. But, I have to say this. This man was being a decent human being. Being Muslim, Christian or whatever doesn't matter. Being a good caring person does. There are good and bad people in every religion.

I absolutely agree with you. Its just that with the all the threads that have been on ATS this last week, being a muslim automatically makes you a blood thirsty soulless b*****d whos only mission in life is to live by the sword and die by the sword. I just wanted to point out that you can be from a certain religion and still be a decent human being.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
This isn't a Muslim act of kindness. This is a human act of kindness. 15-20% of Muslims are radical so that is millions and millions (and that is being generous) so whatever. I'm not fooled.

edit on 23-9-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world. 20% of that is 320,000,000 Million people. 320 million people out of 7 BILLION Really doesnt seem so bad when you put it into context, and also taking into account that those extremist's are more than likely to reside to traditional muslim countries in the FAR EAST - Which just so happen to be being occupied by America/Britain - Jeeez, wonder why they're so pissed?

There's a map on Wiki that states the muslim concentrations globally, enjoy

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Was the robber also a muslim, judging by his body movements I'd say yes.

Wow, you can tell someone's religion just by body movements??????

Would the same shop keeper do the same for a Kafir?

The answer to your question must be a yes considering that the robber wasn't actually muslim at the time.

I'll believe that there are good muslims when I see groups walking the streets, feeding and caring for the homeless (regardless of faith or race), much like the Salvation Army dose.
When I see muslim soup kitchens and hostels that will cater to anyone needy.. Muslim and kafir alike.

So until they start acting like christians, you wont recognise a person can be muslim and kind/compassionate?

There was a news article here in Melbourne a few months back about a homeless man who was nearly beaten to death by muslims, because he took shelter under the enterance of their Mosque, because he desecrated their holy place with his presence.

That sounds terrible, almost like when "good hearted christians" were framing black people in america and burning them alive for crimes they had not committed. Guess religion doesn't automatically make you a great person eh?

I'll see if I can track that one down and show you how even the "good" muslims behave towards tthose that do ot follow their faith.

See, this is what im talking about, you read ONE article about ONE group of muslims in ONE incident and now they're all bad? You dont think there is anything flawed about that way of thinking?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding.

what if the thief lied to get out of the situation ?

Do your part no matter what is the other person's intention.
How are we to progress as a human if we are so sceptical of everything we encounter.

/Kurdman

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Hi SearchlightsInc. I understand why you posted this vid but what sort of place is the world when the practice of Sadaqa is such a big thing? Why should we have to justify the tenets of our religion?,
Hypervigilant's example happens in every Muslim country every day but somehow it appears abnormally kind to most people in the West.
That sort of co-existence should be the norm.
edit on 23-9-2012 by abdel because: ?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel

Hi SearchlightsInc. I understand why you posted this vid but what sort of place is the world when the practice of Sadaqa is such a big thing? Why should we have to justify the tenets of our religion?,
Hypervigilant's example happens in every Muslim country every day but somehow it appears abnormally kind to most people in the West.
That sort of co-existence should be the norm.
edit on 23-9-2012 by abdel because: ?

The trouble in the world today is cause by a massive global population who are closed minded, narrow in their thinking and brainwashed by media. These people are ruled over by an Elite who control that media and keep the plebs happy in their ignorance by convincing them they're being taken care of. They're effectively breeding ignorance and its EVERYWHERE. You cant escape it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Really sorry but that sounds like a knee jerk reaction.
We all know that all national leaders just want to keep the status quo, they do not want any change of any type.
These people (who govern our thoughts) keep us fighting and hating each other until the next election, then it starts all over again.
In the meantime, any other race that has something that these leaders want (i.e. oil), then that nation is demonised tp the point that they are seen as no more than animals.
To the Neocon-zionists, all Muslims are incapable of rational thought so when instances of the normal Islamic practice, such as the of helping others come to light, people are amazed.

Please don't think that I'm having a pop at you, this is the best post today.
edit on 23-9-2012 by abdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This isn't a Muslim act of kindness. This is a human act of kindness. 15-20% of Muslims are radical so that is millions and millions (and that is being generous) so whatever. I'm not fooled.

There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world. 20% of that is 320,000,000 Million people. 320 million people out of 7 BILLION Really doesnt seem so bad when you put it into context, and also taking into account that those extremist's are more than likely to reside to traditional muslim countries in the FAR EAST - Which just so happen to be being occupied by America/Britain - Jeeez, wonder why they're so pissed?

You have a point, but think about it this way: 19 Radical Muslims were ultimately responsible for 9/11. I wonder what 320 million people who think just like them are capable of.

I'm not sure if you've ever read The Koran or not, i'm assuming you have because you seem to be an authority on Muslim culture. Have you read about Jizya tax? Ummah? The verse of the sword? The xenophobic hatred of Jews?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That's a successful AMERICAN Muslim. Had this happened in Iran or Saudi Arabia, I believe the man would've had his hands chopped off or something of the sort. Nobody bashes Muslims as a whole; only the ignorant and violent ones who want to kill or maim in the name of their "peaceful" god.

So because he's AMERICAN he's automatically got a heart??? Its almost like you're suggesting that people from muslim countries lack any human capacity to be kind and compassionate, is that the point you're trying to make?

I'm saying that's an American Muslim; free, happy, successful, not under the control of a maniac cleric who demands jihad from him. Two different kinds of Muslims. I have many American Muslim co-workers, friends, etc.. and I like them all, fear none. We're all American.
I would fear every Muslim in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, etc.. Comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You have a point, but think about it this way: 19 Radical Muslims were ultimately responsible for 9/11.

Only if you buy the official story - Which i dont.

I wonder what 320 million people who think just like them are capable of.

America took over Iraq in two weeks, what do you honestly think these people are capable of doing? By my knowledge their fighing as insurgents to get foreign soldiers out of their country.

I'm not sure if you've ever read The Koran or not, i'm assuming you have because you seem to be an authority on Muslim culture.

I dont need to read the Koran to tell you that not all muslims are bad people. If a religion makes you who you are, then christanity has alot to answer for - Ever browsed the old testament?

Have you read about Jizya tax? Ummah? The verse of the sword? The xenophobic hatred of Jews?

Im not stating that there arent muslims that interpret their religion extremely however i am highly opposed to the ignorance of painting ALL muslims with the same brush. So what if 320 million of them are extreme, what about the rest of them? are they guilty before proven innocent?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm saying that's an American Muslim; free, happy, successful, not under the control of a maniac cleric who demands jihad from him. Two different kinds of Muslims. I have many American Muslim co-workers, friends, etc.. and I like them all, fear none. We're all American.
I would fear every Muslim in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, etc.. Comparing apples to oranges.

You sir, are brainwashed.
Muslim men in the far east live just as freely as you do in america - Actually, alot of the misogynists on this board have admitted being jealous of their lifestyles. There is such a thing as a peaceful muslim and they live in every part of the world. The more hate the mainstream media stirs up against the image of islam, the more young muslim minds will be twisted into defending their faith via extreme methods.

How about we stop with the hate, put down a huge plate of respect on the table and get to know each other a little more before we try and slit each others throats? Unless you think this problem can be resolved by annihilating the muslim faith?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
An uplifting story. It's always wonderful to see someone choose compassion when they could arguably be easily entitled to the alternative. Thanks for sharing this.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

See, this is what im talking about, you read ONE article about ONE group of muslims in ONE incident and now they're all bad? You dont think there is anything flawed about that way of thinking?

Yet one example of one person doing one thing in one incident is supposed to be enough to make us think the opposite?

Interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I don't know why as I try not to be cynical and I may very well be wrong but this whole news piece reeks of propaganda for pro-muslim purposes. I am a far cry from being anti-muslim but I just for some reason can't swallow this story.
edit on 9-23-2012 by Flint2011 because: Can't spell

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join