It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service investigating Texas man -- for lynching his chair!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The song "StrangeFruit" by Billy Holiday came to mind.

So sad that a song like that was ever written, but a good reminder of the way it used to be in the deep south

A very good song, so sad and disturbing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by TDawgRex

Sarah Palin is white. There is no history of white people being lynched to protect the black women... Many people were lynched, most black and the rest for standing up for black people (or in outlaw crimes between gangs) and mostly in the South, after the Civil War.

Ya contradicted yourself there. Just sayin'

And whites were killed for supporting the civil rights movement as well.

A black person hanging from a tree has a RACIST motivation. Especially in this case, where the man's first defense was, "I'm not racist"!

Not disagreeing with you, just responding.

I have know all sorts of people in my life of colors and walks of life who declared at the top of their lungs that they were not racist, but their actions proved otherwise.

And if you pointed it out to them, they would tie themselves up in knots trying to rationalize themselves.

Myself? I just see humans and @$$holes. Though I am sure some see me in the same light.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

It certainly sounds hateful to me, since the guy obviously knew that the chair symbolized Obama when Eastwood was giving his speech.

Seriously, can they take the # out of the water down there? It makes people do very, very irrational things.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I agree, the regime is trampling free speech and every other God given right we have.

what "rights by god" are you speaking about?...please show me these rights. the only thing i have heard "god" give are orders and commandments, punishable by a stay in hell for all eternity, and IF you obey, the rewards come ONLY after a person dies.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

How?

That's what I said. Whites were killed for "standing up for" black people. Same thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Was the chair symbolic of Obama?

I thought it was symbolic of the seat of the presidency being empty. In other words Obama not doing his job.

The guy is a democrat he said, anyway,

I don't think it was a good idea to hang the chair.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is it possible he hung it up so it could be seen? Not as a lynching?

There was a movement to put an empty chair out front of your house to represent Obama. Is it possible that this guy could have just hung it up so it could be seen - not realizing it would be then spun as a "lynching"? (For the record, you can't actually lynch and kill an object that isn't alive).

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by jcarpenter
"The fold-up chair, with an American flag attached to it, was hung from a tree in front of Bud Johnson’s home and some neighbors complained that it was racist. "If Obama was white, the shear volume of his lawless behavior and questionable documentation would have resulted in hearings at the very least. The fact he is mulatto has allowed this administration to engage in gun/drug running, continuous looting of the treasury and uncounted other crimes.The fact he is mulatto is also being used to calm/deflect the population while they collapse this economy and society.
First of all, we ALL know that he is not considered to be a ''mulatto''. Let's be real here...he's seen as black, so come off the mulatto crap, as if we're in 1842 or something. Secondly, the ''Bushies'' have been running guns, drugs, and looting the treasury, and other uncounted crimes FOREVER! And for the record, I don't support O or any of those crooks in Washington. None of 'em.

Mulatto is not necessarily racist from the point of view of many non-colored peoples.

Mulatto is a term used to refer to a person who is born from one white parent and one black parent, or more broadly, a person of mixed black and white ancestry.[1] Contemporary usage of the designation is generally confined to situations in which the term is considered relevant in an historical context, as now most people of mixed white and black ancestry rarely choose to self-identify as mulatto.[2] The term is not commonly used anymore and is generally considered archaic because of its association with slavery and colonial and racial oppression; accepted modern terms include "mixed" and "biracial."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

How?

That's what I said. Whites were killed for "standing up for" black people. Same thing.

This line.

"Sarah Palin is white. There is no history of white people being lynched to protect the black women..."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Was the chair symbolic of Obama?

Yes. Just as the chair at the RNC was symbolic of Obama.

I thought it was symbolic of the seat of the presidency being empty. In other words Obama not doing his job.

Why would Clint Eastwood talk to it as though it was the president if it resembled an idea? He was talking to Obama and Obama was talking back.

The guy is a democrat he said, anyway,

That was the neighbor saying that he, himself, was a Democrat. Not the chair lyncher.

reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
Is it possible he hung it up so it could be seen? Not as a lynching?

Anything is possible. It's possible he hung it up there because there was no other place to put it while he mowed the lawn, as the guy claimed. But it had been hanging there for days. I'm looking at probabilities here. He probably hung it to represent the lynching of a black president.

Is it possible that this guy could have just hung it up so it could be seen - not realizing it would be then spun as a "lynching"?

Possible? Sure. Likely? Not by a long shot. The cameraperson was standing on the sidewalk and the view was VERY clear to passersby.

(For the record, you can't actually lynch and kill an object that isn't alive).

But as you said, the chair represents Obama.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"Sarah Palin is white. There is no history of white people being lynched to protect the black women..."

How is that a contradiction???

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is no longer surprising and is even actively encouraged.

By the GOP,

As soon as Barack Obama won the election in 2008, bigots in the Republican Party began making snide, racist remarks meant to demean the president and it has continued without pause. During the healthcare reform debates, teabaggers and Republicans accused the president of stealing white Americans’ money to pay for “his homies” health insurance. When the Democratic representatives marched to the capital to vote on the health law, protestors threw racial epithets at Black representatives. On various conservative websites, racists posted photos depicting the President as an African tribal chief or medicine man.

The Racist Strategy To Demean Obama

By Christian radio,

In a disturbing display of racial insensitivity, and an astonishing display of social media failure, Teddy Oyler, manager of an Ada, Oklahoma, gospel radio station, posted “Obama isnt that smart he is a ‘dumb n-----r’” to a Facebook discussion. Apparently Oyler was upset because Obama failed to visit a popular, local steakhouse.

Christian radio station manager uses racial slur against Obama on Facebook

Even Fox has noticed,

In Obama's first two months in office, a New York tabloid took heat over a cartoon appearing to portray the president as a monkey; a California mayor resigned after distributing a picture of watermelons on the White House lawn; and an e-mail making the rounds refers to Obama as "the magic mulatto," with exaggerated ears and nose.

Racial Slurs Continue Against Obama Despite Historic Achievement

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

How is that a contradiction???

At first glance, the implication is that white people can't be lynched. Or that it was ok to hang a effigy of Palin.

I don't think that is where you were going though, but that could be the perception of some.

Here is the article I was refering to. The Secret Service, nor the FBI were involved.

edition.cnn.com...

And even thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: flippin confuser!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

At first glance, the implication is that white people can't be lynched. Or that it was ok to hang a effigy of Palin.

I can't control what people think if they only "glance" at my posts, instead of reading it.

And it's "OK" to hang an effigy of anyone, IMO. It's an expression and is covered by the first amendment. HOWEVER, if it happens to be a president, don't be surprised if the Secret Service comes knocking at your door. And if it's a black president, don't be surprised if you get called a racist.

Here is the article I was refering to. The Secret Service, nor the FBI were involved.

She is neither black nor the president.
And the Secret Service DID look into it. Source

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would think of this cat as a racist as well. Here in Cleveland I hear racist comments all the time.

N-word this, N-word that, followed by a "Hell ya I'm voting for Obama, he's a Democrat!"

But I think that this guy is within his rights to hang his "art".

Yep, it's in bad taste...but that was the argument used previously in your article and it still holds water.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If he had tied it up by making a noose, then the ASSUMPTION could be made that it possibly represented a lynching (even though the owner said it didn't and took it down when people pointed out how it could be taken)... but this wasn't even tied up in a noose... so the ASSUMPTION that it is a lynching is the only far-fetched thing going on here.

I don't see obama as a black president... I see him as a president. I am sorry many of you can't look past his color...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So now it's a hate crime to be mean to chairs...

Does anyone else think this is getting out of hand?

I think we need a new chair.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
another fine example of divide and conquer. we have the right to freely express ourselves, as long as it does not cause physical harm to another . the fact that someones feelings were hurt, in no way makes this a crime. it would not have mattered if the man would have tied a noose. we are for the most part, a nation of wussies. a persons easily offended emotional state ,does not trump a persons god given rights. on the bright side, this is yet another way to stick it to the man. if thousands of people hung a chair in their yard, and the secret service had to investigate every one, this would help to drain their coffers. add to this , randomly placing political bumper stickers on cars in parking lots, they may run low on their,"lets invade all non global banking countries" fund . or they will just institute a new "chair tax", to cover their financial loses.
edit on 9/21/2012 by IsawWHATtheyDID because: me no spell right

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

it'll be hard to prove, i hang out chairs all the time to dry.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
I don't see obama as a black president... I see him as a president. I am sorry many of you can't look past his color...

Yeah, you and Stephen Colbert.

reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

Nobody said it was a crime. If they find no further indication that this man is a danger to the president, they'll leave him alone to hang as many chairs as he likes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join