It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: Slain ambassador Stevens said he was on al Qaeda list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
link

What bugs me most about this. Is that the government knew that the guy was potentially in danger.
And as some on the site have pointed out he might of been a CIA operative.
Yet chose not to beef up security.
We got to keep our guys safe.
No more rubber bullets at our embassies.

In the months leading up to his death, U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, worried about what he called the never-ending security threats in Benghazi and mentioned his name was on an al Qaeda hit list, a source familiar with his thinking told CNN.

Stevens specifically mentioned a rise in Islamic extremism and al Qaeda's growing presence in Libya, the source said.

American intelligence officials are investigating, but Matthew Olsen, the National Counterterrorism Center director, said Wednesday that it was unlikely that Stevens and his security team were killed by random protesters.

"I would say, yes, they were killed in course of terrorist attack on our embassy," Olsen said at a Senate Homeland Security hearing.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

let the late and unlamented Ambassador Stevens fate be a lesson to those who would be willing tools of the system

tools are discarded when they outlive there usefulness

"I would say, yes, they were killed in course of a terrorist attack on our embassy," Olsen said at a Senate Homeland Security hearing.

translation: "Libyans are fighting back against the puppet government we installed and trying to take back their country."

because you just know be labeled a terrorist nowadays, means you're a friend of humanity and liberty .

ter·ror·ist
   [ter-er-ist]
noun
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
a person who terrorizes or frightens TCOTBIP.
3. a defender or champion of liberty and human dignity
source: 21st century neologisms

join