It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE five nights ago: would appreciate your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hi all,

I had my third out of body experience a few days ago.

A friend of mine died recently.
The night I learned of his death, before going to sleep, I let him know that if he wanted to communicate or if he felt disorientated and wanted some sort of anchoring point, that he should feel free to get in contact.

I set my alarm for 4 in the morning because I like to give myself the opportunity to bravely get up and go for a swim before work. This hardly ever happens, and like so many other mornings, I just set the alarm for an hour later and went back to sleep.

Suddenly I became aware that energy was pulsing through me: I was thrumming with it. It was as if this sensation had woken me up just enough to register what was going on, giving me just enough time to think: 'here it comes'. The next instant, I was out.
I can't express precisely what this felt like, but the last part of my body I was aware of before being out was the region behind my upper back and neck. It felt as if I popped out from there.

The next thing I knew, I was being rotated 180 degrees in bed by an outside force. I was completely paralyzed. Although I was quite scared by the suddenness of this, paired with my paralysis, I was riding with it: in any event enough to not snap right back into my body. I also felt like I was gagging.
Looking up to the ceiling, I realized that it was not my ceiling, and when I came to a halt at the end of the 180 degree pivoting, a white globe with bluish markings on it was above me. I guess it was some sort of light fixture, but during the experience, the part of the mind that puts labels on things was obviously not functioning, and I did not understand what I was looking at other than being aware of its shape and colorings.
The light in the room was like that of early morning: there was relative darkness near the walls, and a pale light closer to the center of the ceiling, near the round fixture. I also have an impression of walls or ceiling being made of bound strips of bamboo: I am afraid I cannot say which with any confidence.

Then I was back in my bed.

I am certain that my friend was showing me something. I think the first thing one might want to communicate to the living after passing is simply the experience itself. If you had just died, and were able to talk to a friend, wouldn't you be telling him what it was like?

There is a double symbolism in the 180 degree turn that I am unable to ignore. First, the opposition of life and death can be read into the two opposite directions of lying in a bed.
Secondly, the gesture of turning someone 180 degrees can be understood as the physical translation of a desire for someone to see through your eyes. If you are frustrated in trying to get someone to see something from your point of view, you might eventually physically grab them by the shoulders, and turn the both of you through 180 degrees so that he is then standing where you were, facing what you were. I have no doubt that this was why my friend pivoted me.

He died of an overdose and from what I have heard so far, he was found in the morning, almost completely unmoving and close to death. I learned these details several days after my outing so there is no possibility the knowledge could have influenced my experience.
This could, of course, explain my paralysis and gagging.

I can't verify the 'light fixture' yet because I am not in direct contact with the people who found him, and the place, it turns out, is a guesthouse in India, but I would not be at all surprised to find that there is such a fixture above the bed he died in.

I would appreciate it if any of you could share your impressions of this experience with me.
I am also curious as to whether anyone else out there has had an oobe where they were paralyzed and were 'floated' around by some outside force?

Thanks,
U.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Upon coming out breaking free you sometimes spin, the astral body can become contorted, feeling disoriented with legs and arms in pecular positions not knowing up or down all that....This can return you to wakefulness...

When you search the older posts you will find that their is a belief, of several existing dimentions , not just astral. There are names for them others will help you with that...sounds like you may find yourself in some other state of awareness where you are finding those who have passed, from what I have read, others experiences, and my own, I believe this to be possible....

You are having trouble with control but have a natural talent to "split". So realize what it is when it happens and attempt to control the experience...You will learn that you are capable to do almost anything and visit anywhere in this state...Dont be too analytical of things you see, AP and OOBE are different...AP you can manipulate the environment and not all is as it seems...OOBE are true physical places and remote awareness of actuality Good luck

BTW you completely set yourself up for this when you set your alarm for 4am and go back to sleep...This is actually the best way to "get out" well rested but able to fall back...We all do this to increase our chances of AP/OOBE...You are a natural thats fabulous

[edit on 15-10-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hi Kris,

Thanks for your thoughts.
I don't know about being a natural: I think my friend helped me out this time, and it is only the third such experience I have had in 30 years.
It certainly has motivated me to attempt more outings though. I am finding a lot of people have worked hard to put out some pretty good information on the topic, online. I am thankful for that.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

U.

new topics

join