It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus cash used to buy Chinese solar panels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Feds ignore rules and use stimulus cash to buy Chinese solar panels

Government officials blame unfair competition from China for the collapse of solar panel manufacturer Solyndra, but such concerns didn’t stop the federal government from breaking stimulus program rules to use Chinese solar panels atop a federal building housing the offices of a senator, congressman and several agencies. Read more: Feds ignore rules and use stimulus cash to buy Chinese solar panels - Washington Times www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So lemme get this straight the feds are whining about "unfair trade practices" wasted a few billion on failed green companies like Solyndra, but here we go again it is someone else's fault.

Par for the course.

Even the contractor questioned whether Chinese-made panels could be used under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the stimulus program that mandated use of U.S.-made products. Read more: Feds ignore rules and use stimulus cash to buy Chinese solar panels - Washington Times www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

American recovery and reinvestment act eh?

With Chinese solar panels!!!

Oh that was a really rich one and the infamous GSA dismiessed the query!!!!

Totally priceless!!!!

Someone wanna show me where the American "reinvestment and recovery" part is here?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Think of all the Chinese trinkets we can buy with QE3 passed? I am convinced, the US is destroying itself and the world economy so that the UN is the only super power. Otherwise it makes no sense that they would allow printing of 80 billion dollars a month by the fed with zero percent interest. Ron Paul called it and time will prove him correct, we will see another worse recession/depression.

I hope NEO, that you don't trust Romney to do any better though. He loooves that little made in China sticker.
edit on 18-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Subsidizing gas, drilling for more oil would have been much better.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is an interesting topic, i must look more into it as soon as i return home to my computer.

Marking this now to remind me later

top topics

join