It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic levitation used in drug development! - Incredible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The Argonne national laboratory have been developing ways of manipulating compounds without them having contact with physical vessels which might manipulate their forms.

Thus - acoustic levitation.

www.techhive.com...

If you're wondering why keeping drugs from solidifying into crystals is such an issue, it's because drugs that are crystalline in shape do not get fully absorbed by the body, something that keeps them from optimal effectiveness. Unfortunately, this is difficult to prevent as solutions that evaporate while in contact with a physical vessel generally solidify into their crystalline forms.

To get around this, the scientists skipped out on the usage of traditional containers and used levitation by way of the acoustic levitator to form pristine samples that "can be probed in situ" with the high-energy X-ray beam at Argonne's Advanced Photon Source instead.

and the video:

Incredible stuff. Didn't the ancients have legends and stories of levitating rocks and stone using acoustic means?
edit on 18-9-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wer are rediscovering what the ancients already knew. History does repeat itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Looks like we are possibly getting closer to cracking the secrets of the pyramids and coral castle !!

I think i shall buy some gear and get investigating this stuff myself!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
Wer are rediscovering what the ancients already knew. History does repeat itself.

Or just to bend your noodle a bit more...We Are The Ancients...

All of this happened before and will all happen again.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

she's already at full capacity cappin!!

Seems a lot of energy to do this, so will have to wait for real live application. Proof of concept is interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Cool stuff SnF, Technology is RACING. What with the 3D printer creating amazing things and now this.....very exciting. I can't wait to see what's next.

ETA: What if you had a giant levitator and you could use it to lift AND MOVE a rocket to Mars???? I think it could happen. Or lift and move people, especially handicapped people to and from the bathroom or wheel chairs. UBER COOL

edit on 18-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join