It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alignment and the South Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly. Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this interesting documentary "Inside Planet Earth" on Youtube. Being an enthusiast of ancient cultures I noticed a fairly odd coincidence in the document. When discussing the Earth and the magnetic field they presented a short clip of the so called South Atlantic anomaly, which is a decrease of the magnetic field up to a third relative to the rest of the planet. Strangely enough (looking through my eyes) it aligned with the old Ancient Alignment.

Take a look at the video at appr. 1:06:00. The anomaly part is presented at appr. 1:07:10.

If you aren't familiar with the Ancient Alignment, it has been presented here for instance by member afterschoolfun in this thread.

I would love to theorize the possible meaning of this, but I'm a bit in hurry so I thought of throwing this to you at first hand. I'll be back later to speculate, hope there will be others to join!

Love and Light!
edit on 18-9-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Studying further the SAA (South Atlantic Anomaly) I found out that the location stays nearly constant, though there is a small long-term expansion mainly towards northeast and northwest. If I understood the mechanics right, the position will stay the same as it is determined by the difference between the magnetic and the rotation axis of the Earth.

Because of the anomaly the Van Allen belts are closest to Earth at the south Atlantic ocean. I find it interesting that the drift rate of the SAA is estimated to be very close to the rotational differential of the Earth's core and it's surface. Is this why the Earth has its own sound? The Schumann resonance. Three layers of which the one in the middle has a different speed.

All the talk of energy and ley-lines and the ancient 'know-how'. Could they have marked this line for us for future investigations? Is it maybe a sign that we should consider alarming? All the ancient monuments are high and pointing towards the sky? Is it naive to make assumptions like this?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is a screen capture of the anomaly.

And here is the Ancient Alignment.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have never heard of the SAA before. Looking forward to seeing where this leads.

Off to do some reading on this. I hope others poke their heads in and comment.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The idea that electrical energy causes the earths magnetic field is new to me ....though i have wondered about molten nickel/ iron losing it magnetism when liquified, so how could it retain such a huge field?
This makes a lot more things tie together in my understanding...
That it is expanding( SAA) perhaps indicates a pole shift comming up...and i think this may be going in the right direction......but i wonder why we havent made a device to tap this energy source?
Magnetic fields in motion are the prime source of electrical power....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

There is yet a lot to learn about our magnetic field and the interaction of electromagnetism. We do live on a giant dynamo constantly charging and discharging.

The poleshift is happening, but we can only guess when. The articles I have read regarding it hasn't stated a steady cycle, so we can only try to interpret the signs we see. But you could assume, the larger and faster the changes, the closer the shift...

And the tapping into Earth energy is an ongoing quest for free energy. Maybe we already possess those skills, but are held in the dark by the taxing states.

What comes to the connection between ancient sites and this anomaly, here is a bit more of my thoughts. There is a theory that the ancient sites were built upon the energy grid at intersecting points of the grid. Their main purpose was to tap into the energy field to either prevent anomalies or to use the energy. There has even been theorizing of the pyramids preventing earthquakes by somehow stabilizing the field. Well, there is no way to prove this, yet... But its a nice thought. If we assume the earth is full of charge, which it is, and this electromagnetic charge is the drive for everything moving and happening, earthquakes, storms and so on... it would make sence why the alignment sits hand in hand with the anomaly.

Though I'm not quite sure the anomaly always stays at this location because of its drift. I assume the center of the anomaly will stay still due to the assymetry of the two forces creating it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

top topics

join