It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lost eight jets in worst air loss in one day since Vietnam war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The U.S. should do one of two actions. Either Declare we have Killed who we came to Kill and Leave Afghanistan or....when Spring Comes...and the Taliban cross back over the Pakistan Boarder into Afghanistan in mass...and these movements can be watched by U.S. IR-Light Detection Satellites...fly over at night with a group of 50 to 60 B-52's loaded with New Smart Carpet Bombing Munitions which seek out Heat Signature...and DESTROY an area 50 Miles Wide by 500 Miles Long along the Boarder with Pakistan.

The New Munitions also are available in Hyperbaric Forms that AIR BURST ABOVE TARGET and Smaller Munitions that are in line with the Cluster Bomb Ban as they render themselves inert after a time...will fly right into a cave and explode creating a Pressure Wave that will kill anyone inside. These New Munitions were not available until recently as they use the same Super Powerful Long Burn Solid Rocket Fuel that is used in the New SM-3 ABM's So a single bomb...one of 84 500 LBS PLUS that can be dropped if additional Bombs are mounted on Wings can be carried on a single B-52H. Each of the 84 to 114 500 LBS Conventional Smart Munitions will air burst and send over 200 independent Heat Seeking Bomblets to targets. These bomblets are available in a variety of forms.

If this is done at the time the Taliban Cross the Pakistan Boarder and we can allow up to 3 Days of Entry time...we can KILL EVERYTHING WITHIN A 50 Mile Wide to 500 Mile long swath. We have 90 B-52H's and if necessary more than 50 can be used to increase the length of the swath to close to 900 Miles Long. B-1's and B-2's could also be used...but one thing is for certain....Either we LEAVE or WE KILL THEM ALL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperiums
reply to post by hoochymama

where did you get 1 billion dollars from? Or even 2 billion?
edit on 17-9-2012 by Hyperiums because: (no reason given)

An error from the total andf people thinking it represented the total cost of each jet. While the loss money wise is up there the Av8B Harriers have been around for a long time courtesy of our British cousins.

As with any conflict / war we will suffer losses.. We try to limit the amount of damage we sustain but as with any war there is always going to be an X factor.

In terms of a comparison between the Us and Soviet Union and Afghanistan I think we are faring better. Not only did we get to observe the Soviet side we got to observe / assist the resistance side.

If Afghanistan wants to remain in the dark ages thats their choice.. We got Bin Laden so as far as I am concerned our mission there is done.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If Afghanistan wants to remain in the dark ages thats their choice.. We got Bin Laden so as far as I am concerned our mission there is done.

So they don't have power plants like us and it is dark. How would you string the power lines there? The passes are choked with rivers, rock slides and avalanche? I think they've been living that way for millennia. Despite how much we see with "civilized" eyes.

And as soon as we "get" Assad all will be better there too? We'll be done then?

Edit: Thats the problem with empire building... it's never done.
edit on 18-9-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
So they don't have power plants like us and it is dark.
Their choice....

How would you string the power lines there?
Not my concern.. Its the concern of the Afghan people.

The passes are choked with rivers, rock slides and avalanche? I think they've been living that way for millennia. Despite how much we see with "civilized" eyes.
Afghanistan has a power grid, albeit a very under developed one. The same holds true for their infrastructure - its all encompassing from utilities to water to gas to etc however its severeloy under developed.

And as soon as we "get" Assad all will be better there too? We'll be done then?
I dont know.. Since we have not gone after Assad how about you wait and see before attribnuting an action to something that has not occured yet.

I know people like to anticipate in order to lay blame but for Syria its is not going to work. How many civilians should a government be allowed to kill in order to retain power?

Edit: Thats the problem with empire building... it's never done.
edit on 18-9-2012 by intrptr because: additional...
The other problem with Empire building is when people automatically assume that is whats occuring, empire building, without having proper facts / information / placing it into context..

When a person only sees nationbuilding they have atendencey to ignore everything else.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
afghan families may get a couple nights sleep now... at least till the west sends more drones to bomb them...and the mass murder for profit will go on....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Afghanistan has a power grid, albeit a very under developed one. The same holds true for their infrastructure - its all encompassing from utilities to water to gas to etc however its severeloy under developed.

Except for the cities like Kabul, it is pretty much destroyed every winter by the elements. Ice, wind and water do their work, especially at those altitudes. Like building a house on a flood plain or glacier.

I know people like to anticipate in order to lay blame but for Syria its is not going to work.

Its worked as an excuse everywhere else? Saddam Hussein, Usama Bin Laden( you just said he was the mission in afghanistan?), Qadaffi, now Assad. Don't tell me he isn't being painted as a despot and that is not the excuse we are using to "overthrow" his country too... Who's next? Oh yah, admena-jihad of Iran. I agree, it's a stupid excuse but the media will keep using it as long as it works.

How many civilians should a government be allowed to kill in order to retain power?

The door swings both ways. How many civilians has our government killed of late? Would you measure the two side by side? And still say we are exonerated? Kind of a dual standard there, no? Or just selective memory?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The main thing is prince Harry was rushed to a secure bunker by the SAS and was ok. 2 American soldiers died, but British news felt it more important to report on the princes safety., they also failed to mention the destroyed harriers until today. My condolences go out to the families of those soldiers who died as a result of a royal pr event to make Harry look like a hero.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Stop! Hammer Time
edit on 18-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Already posted it mate, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join