It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just saw my first UFO.

My Mom was driving me home as my car is in the shop, I live in rural South Carolina, closest city Im willing to say is Charleston. We were on a stretch of road with nothing but fields. My mother believes in NOTHING when it comes to this, and I am not a believer. All of a sudden she yells and points "VAL A UFO"

I look and almost drive the car off the road. Four points of yellow light, initially look like a very large low flying plane, but one quickly disappeared into the other. Then almost as soon as we spotted them and I was getting out my phone my mother saw another go into the point, so there's two then. She said "LOOK LOOK" and then the two became one and went out.

We watched this spot for about 10 minutes with camera in hand, but she was in a hurry and had to go. I didn't see anything else from my house which has a bunch of tree coverage. I am in TOTAL FREAKING SHOCK.
edit on 17-9-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I will always take a personal account over even pictures or video ( Im just odd that way) , but I believe that even though eyes can and do sometimes play tricks on us , and sometimes planes and such are misidentified as UFO s , that in the end , we KNOW when something is truly just flat strange and out of place.
Thanks for the account and I would like more details if and when you have some time to think about this further.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The fact that my mom does not believe in them and her first reaction was that it was a UFO is enough for me even if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You are not alone in this. My friend just got back from vacation in Charleston, S.C. She has seen them within the last week, complete with pics and video. I will try to get it uploaded ASAP.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Takes your breath away, when you finally do see something, your brain doesn't have a box to neatly place it in...doesn't it. I believe you. I remember the exact feelings I had when it happened to me. It will always be the new veneer you view life through, from now on. You can't unsee, nor unknow what is.

Des

edit on 17-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
misunderstood the OP.

thanks OP
edit on 17-9-2012 by sidepocket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I recently returned from vacationing in South Carolina, Edisto Island in fact, and am very disappointed that I did not get to witness any of the sightings that seem to be happening in large numbers down there.

Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
On behalf of the rest of us, Welcome to the club hahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Glad you did !

Now get ready to embark on a lifelong journey that has tons of questions...and very few answers...

The shock wears off, the questions never do.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey Val,

Did you say you had footage/photo of object seen?

CB

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Hey Val,

Did you say you had footage/photo of object seen?

CB

Happened too fast, I tried, I almost ran off the dang road trying to get to my phone. My first thought was "VIDEO OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN" but still.

Thanks for keeping the thread positive and encouraging

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Interesting story, though you might want to change your OP, you say your mum was driving but then you nearly drove off the road?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am born and raised from S.C.
Was just there this summer,(I no longer live there
),didn't see,or look for anything.
But,I will be back there again in a few months,so I will keep my eyes and camera ready.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Also,wanted to add,the booming sounds along the coast there.
Do they still continue?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Kind of reminds me of my very first sighting a few years back. I was sitting at the park just up the street from my house one spring night. My dad and myself were sitting at the park just chatting up a storm. We had been sitting there a few minutes when he noticed something moving from the southeast to the northeast of us. At first I just shrugged it off as an airplane considering that I live about ten miles from a regional airport and i live under a busy air corridor. After a few seconds I looked up and that is when I saw it meandering from one side of the valley to the other. What I saw was a huge triangular shaped object making what seemed to be a 90 degree turn. So we watched it for as long as five to six minutes before it disappeared behind the hillside and we haven't seen the thing since.

The strange thing about this is that when we were watching this thing float over where we were at. We did in fact see an aircraft heading towards the airport off to the north about a mile from the object. When I saw the aircraft fly by. I realized that I had my police scanner on my person so I turned on the aircraft band to see if they had sighted this object. As I was monitoring the local airport's tower frequencies and the control center in Indianapolis. We heard not one mention of anything out of the ordinary by anyone on either one of those radio frequencies.

When we saw this object, it was on a night that was clear as a bell. There wasn't a cloud in the sky at the time. It had to have been somewhere around 10:30 to 11:00 at night when it happened. As for exactly how big the craft was in shear size. Judging from where I was sitting in relation to the craft's height. This thing had to be over a mile wide. As for how high in altitude this object was at, I would have to say that it was higher than 30,000 feet in altitude. Whatever it was that myself and my dad saw between the aircraft and the location of the moon in relation to where we were sitting.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
IT SHOULD READ:

I was driving my Mom to my home so she could take her car back to her home since I am currently without a car. I was excited

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I am born and raised from S.C.
Was just there this summer,(I no longer live there
),didn't see,or look for anything.
But,I will be back there again in a few months,so I will keep my eyes and camera ready.

You should there has been quite the activity here lately but I didn't believe it until tonight.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Nice, would be good to compare with what the op saw.

To the op - thanks for sharing your sighting, it's something else when it happens. Ive also seen one up close with my best friend several years ago and it was life changing. Either somebody on this planet has hidden some serious hi-tech or we're not alone.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Also,wanted to add,the booming sounds along the coast there.
Do they still continue?

I am a few hours from the coast, but I heard them for the first (and only time) about a month ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Youre Mom doesnt believe in UFOs? UFOs are documented by the military and FAA every day. UFOs are fact. Now, your Mom not believing in Alien craft is a whole different story. Now, did you see a UFO or did you see what you believed to be an alien craft?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join