It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah warns US over film as death toll rises to 19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
They should pull it, if people are going to get hurt or killed is it worth crying "freedom of speech" over this?

I know it's not right, and I know it goes against everything freedom of speech is supposed to mean, but you have to weigh up the costs involved.

Is it worth risking peoples lives over?

I don't think so.

Might as well do this then...

Honestly man! Our Ancestors rebelled against the worlds most powerful military at the time with little more than ragged militia. They died on battlefields, rotted away on prison ships, faced occupations and a internal political war against themselves. Over Taxes, and now one of most important freedoms the one that sparked this nations sent waves throughout history is under attacked. Now I'm not a fighting man myself but I will not yield to childish threats of this caliber. Because if we allow this, then that opens up the door for others to start slowly chipping it all way. Losses this, expect to lose freedom of religion, then possible the right to bear arms, oh and expect all the movements towards racial and gender equality start being set back because someone whines that it "offends them" to see a women drive, or African American vote.

Let people be offend, and if they hurt people because of that it show that they are obviously insane and unable to control the emotions the kind of behavior that warrants a prison or mental institution.

But then again, its just a movie no reason to let get people killed. Then will say the same when the next thing get censor.

EDIT: Sorry my ancestors did, Didn't see you're Canadian not that Matter love you guys and ect ect but My point still stands.
edit on 9/17/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Honestly? You guys are nuts.

Of course the film should be pulled.

How many will die because we didn't decide to respect their religion?

This is so idiotic of you to say this.

And to say this is because we have freedom of speech?!

You're all insane.

We have our own associations in the US that censor movies all the damned time.

They yank films from being released already.

Giving into terrorists? Over a movie?

Freaking nuts.

Okay, what about this "war on drugs".

What about marijuana being a gateway drug nonsense.

How the hell are you guys thinking that removing what we view as a harmless movie, but they are seriously offended, would be giving into terrorists.

How about respecting their culture and religion??

edit on 17-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is simply tactic of blackmail to rule the whole world.
But, keep in mind, political correctness is doing the same thing.
PC is islamization of America and the rest of the world too.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

How about they respect our culture? No?!? Instead they kill people over a movie and your telling us that were insane?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob

How about they respect our culture? No?!? Instead they kill people over a movie and your telling us that were insane?

Again, this is idiotic.

LOOK AT THE WHOLE!!

We're both pissed. Tensions are flared up on both sides.

If this goes much further, everyone loses.

You, I, your kids...this is freaking retarded.

There is an OBVIOUS culture clash.

We should be the bigger men, and realize they simply aren't CAPABLE of comprehending our freedom.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You're all insane.

Freaking nuts.

How the hell are you guys thinking that removing what we view as a harmless movie, but they are seriously offended, would be giving into terrorists.

I don't think you fully grasp the situation in it's entire aspect. It doesn't matter who made the movie, whether if it was Canada, Mexico, Mongolia etc. If anything, Islam is probably the only religion on this planet that is actively destroying other cultures overtly.

Look at all the articles that come out about Christians being persecuted in the ME by Islam, or Buddhist shrines being demolished, Jewish/Christian cemeteries desecrated etc. - all in the name of Islam. How many times have you heard of these other religion followers retaliate with death threats?

I mean come on, look at what's happening in Europe! Whole towns full or European history being taken over and being turned into Little Benghazi. Are these just the radicals or is it mainstream Islam doing this? Who knows?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Scholars know, and they tell us it's a small minority. About 1/4 of 1%.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You're all insane.

Freaking nuts.

they have no problem disrespecting jews , christains. infidels or women. they want you to obey everything they want and say anything they feel about everybody else. they say they will kill you if you say one bad word about their religion that you deserve to die.

respect is mutual, you gotta give to receive it.
edit on 17-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Hey dude! Lay off the psychedelics before coming on to ATS and rambling here

Sure some people have unfortunately been killed over this, and no doubt more will, but seriously I've had a damned 'nuff of all the overly PC babbling bunch, who just seem to love bending over for these insane nut-jobs, and taking it up the rear!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Who is "they'??

Please don't equate extremists with all of Islam.

Doesn't every religion have their extremists

Either I'm ignorant, or y'all have bought into the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Again, this is idiotic.

LOOK AT THE WHOLE!!

We're both pissed. Tensions are flared up on both sides.

If this goes much further, everyone loses.

You, I, your kids...this is freaking retarded.

There is an OBVIOUS culture clash.

We should be the bigger men, and realize they simply aren't CAPABLE of comprehending our freedom.

It doesn't matter if we be the bigger men, they don't care! These radicals refuse to assimilate within other countries. They demand change in government, demand the host country change it's culture that fits into their view of Islam - just like how they're demanding this video not be released. If countries keep bowing down to these radicals demands, soon there will be nothing left of western culture.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

It doesn't matter if we be the bigger men, they don't care! These radicals refuse to assimilate within other countries. They demand change in government, demand the host country change it's culture that fits into their view of Islam - just like how they're demanding this video not be released. If countries keep bowing down to these radicals demands, soon there will be nothing left of western culture.

Are our extremists in office any different?

I mean aren't we just playing into the hands of our own extremists who are pitting us against each other?

It just seems so damned stupid.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If it's only 1%, then why is there so much negative stuff going around the globe? Why arent the 99% doing anything to cure this issues?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So what you propose that we just bend to the fear and terrorism, just because that can't comprehend? Wheres the line to be drawn? Because if we are to defend our culture and way of life we can't roll over. I'm all for a peaceful Solution and never one to wage war. But this people threating my way of life, my family over a movie, and if there willing to resort to violence that easily then who knows what the next trigger will be and will all be associated despite agreeing with it or not.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So what you propose that we just bend to the fear and terrorism, just because that can't comprehend?

No. I don't think this is bending over to anyone. I think it's making a rational decision that also shows compassion for people who are weaker than us.

Wheres the line to be drawn? Because if we are to defend our culture and way of life we can't roll over.

If we are to fight, too many lives will be lost IN VEIN. We can defend our culture on our own damned land. Stay out of theirs. If they are too freaking backwards, then let's just extract our culture from their awareness in full. It's like we tried to get them to grow up on an accelerated pace, but they burned out...or are in the process of it.

I'm all for a peaceful Solution and never one to wage war. But this people threating my way of life, my family over a movie, and if there willing to resort to violence that easily then who knows what the next trigger will be and will all be associated despite agreeing with it or not.

They aren't threatening your way of life, or your family. This guy is asking the film not to be released in Muslim land. It's vastly different. You don't want them to export their radical's views in our country, right? So maybe we should keep the nutballs who want to instigate stuff from their boundaries.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

If it's only 1% , then why is there so much negative stuff going around the globe? Why arent the 99% doing anything to cure this issues?

I can't believe another member gave me yet another perfect one to throw right back at you...

You know what it is...DO I HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING??

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 9/17/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/17/2012 by Mcupobob because: Meant to hit perview

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Who is "they'??

Please don't equate extremists with all of Islam.

Doesn't every religion have their extremists

Either I'm ignorant, or y'all have bought into the propaganda.

apparently the moderates muslims don't care enough to stop the jihadist.
sure some speak out, but do see them trying to stop them.

you see christians, jews nonbelievers speaking out and standing up to their extremists all the time.
i have yet to see a moderate muslim stand up to a jihadist.

and don't say what about the governments of these countries where these attacks are happening all they are doing is putting military and police in front of the embassies. the only reason why they are doing this is to protect their on butts. they don't want to be put on the the list for when the hammer falls down.
edit on 17-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You have a valid point. Like I mentioned in my earlier posts, what about the current issue of culture in Europe being taken over by these radicals?

Watch this short clip:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So let me get this straight? A radical group of Islamists is threatening global war if an online video is released?

They kill people every day for far less offenses to their society. They melt women's faces with acid for refusing to be raped. They castrate and behead men who masturbate. They hang and stone anyone that upsets their cultural norm. And this is only the stuff we know about; who knows what else they do to each other up in the mountains and secluded areas of the Middle East for whatever reason?

There are over 1.6 billion Islamists in the world. Although it may look like they're all protesting and rioting, it's easy to overlook the fact that the radicals are the scant minority. While I'm sure the majority of Islamists are not pleased over this video, I'd be willing to bet everything that 1.6 billion of them are not going to rise up and wage war with the West over a video which, despite it's apparent inflammatory nature, shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

It should be ignored. And we should all just move on.

But that would make too much sense now, wouldn't it?

I say post the video. They have as much freedom not to watch it as we do to upload it. And if this is a prelude to a terrorist attack or outright war, it's a pretty lousy one, and is probably just being used as an excuse to attack rather than a reason.

If they are going to attack anyway, then it might as well be over an issue worth defending, and I for one wish to defend my right to free speech.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join