It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah warns US over film as death toll rises to 19

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hezbollah warns US over film as death toll rises to 19

www.news.com.au

HEZBOLLAH'S Hassan Nasrallah has warned of "very dangerous" global repercussions if an anti-Islam film is released in its entirety, as the death toll from a week of violence sparked by the movie rose to 19.
An eruption of Muslim anger over a trailer of the American-made film that appeared on the Internet has spread across the world, taking hold yesterday in Afghanistan, Indonesia, the West Bank, the Philippines and Yemen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So it seems that the extremists wish to dictate to the westen world , specifically the USa, that they can not release the full version of the film. Umm , who do these people think they area?

Release the film and expect to pay for it with blood. This already has cause some pretty big issues around the world.

Probably in light of the film and the response thus far it would be prudent to not release it, but that is not for the decision of the extremists.

They are basically calling for war. Well I for one do not wish to alter my way of life because of a group of nutjobs.

Times are getting concerning

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-9-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They should pull it, if people are going to get hurt or killed is it worth crying "freedom of speech" over this?

I know it's not right, and I know it goes against everything freedom of speech is supposed to mean, but you have to weigh up the costs involved.

Is it worth risking peoples lives over?

I don't think so.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
They should pull it, if people are going to get hurt or killed is it worth crying "freedom of speech" over this?

I know it's not right, and I know it goes against everything freedom of speech is supposed to mean, but you have to weigh up the costs involved.

Is it worth risking peoples lives over?

I don't think so.

Sound like giving in to terrorists

Give an inch they take a mile comes to mind

I do not agree with stirring the pot, but I really don't agree with changes to appease a select few

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hmm freedom of speech is not worth dying over?Just out of curiosity in your opinion which rights are? Any of them?

Which would you kill for?

Important questions...NO?
edit on 17-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'm betting it won't last long. If it doesn't get pulled I'd be suprised.

Personally I think it is a free speech issue. But as you stated, it's simply not worth it.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Considering virtually every weapon system (besides rocks) currently used in the Middle East was designed and produced in the USA that's a pretty ballsy threat. I hope we put a red button like the movie 5th Element on the ones we sold them.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

If it was a hostage situation, I could understand. But it's just a film and there is an opportunity to avoid this escalating further.

It is stupid that they are kicking off like this, but the fact remains they are, and it could get a whole lot worse.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Doesn't the constitution have the blood of our men and women on it from trying to protect our freedoms? Freedom of speech is extremely important, as all our other freedoms are. The only one who has the right to pull that film is the director who made it and that is up to his moral conscience. We cannot force our ideas or morals upon him, and definitely not anyone from another country. freedom of speech is under attack right now and we must not let them take it , no matter how disgusting we believe religious hatred is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Freedom of speech is worth a lot of things, but not putting innocent lives in danger for the sake of a b-movie.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They can ask Youtube to block the video in their country

Heck happens to me all the time

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is how freedom dies. A little tiny bit at a time. "It's just a crappy "B" movie...it's not important...

no, it is important...not the content, the action....

If we cave to the loudmouths over this movie, what's next? I won't even go there....we cannot yield to terroristic threats...remember, we have been fighting for 11 years over that....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianG
Sound like giving in to terrorists

Give an inch they take a mile comes to mind

I do not agree with stirring the pot, but I really don't agree with changes to appease a select few

that's exactly what it would be. and it would be dangerous to do so. if you pulled a little bitty movie, what would they demand next, that's where if you " give a inch they take a mile" would come into play. next it would be no more jews, then no more christians, no more infidels, and then sharia law world wide.

i say stir the pot and get all the jihadists to come out, then they can be dealt with they way they should be dealt with and then people can live and let live.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To me freedom of speech holds precedence over their demands. Even if it is a crappy B movie, if we start pulling it because it offends people then what else would be pulled because people might find the material offensive.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Well, I tell you what, when this kicks off, you spout your warped view of freedom of speech to the families of anyone who is killed, I'm sure they will understand that freedom of speech was more important than their loved ones.

Oh, I suppose it is alright for you sat behind your keyboard in your oh so safe environment.

The mentality of some people sickens me.

We all want freedom of speech, but try to focus on humanity a bit more in the process, not everyone has the luxury of living in a country where rights as such are a common place.

People have already been killed over this video, and more will come if it is released.

I'm out of this thread, I know most people can't see the bigger picture, and I pity them.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What happened to we do not negotiate with terrorist? I'm aware of the situation and do not want to cause more deaths. I'm also aware this maybe an agenda to get more military activity in the middle east. But if they are going to kill people over a 14 min clip screw them. Seriously tired of their religion. These people are trying to play both sides of the fence calling for blood and cutting off peoples heads but cry foul when we water board them or make fun of their religion.

We need something like the movie swordfish where we have anti terrorist who make terrorism look so horrendous nobody will ever think to do it again. I think this crap is reaching to far in the middle east let them fight it out for once. Apparently they think its Muslims vs the world give it to them and watch them cry when their cities look like wastelands and their population is almost wiped out. Just about everybody is tired of their religion China, USA, Russia, UK, Israel, Australia, most or Europe has had it with them

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

If it was a hostage situation, I could understand. But it's just a film and there is an opportunity to avoid this escalating further.

Ahh, but it is a hostage situation.

You see the extremists are holding our freedom hostage. They make threats to spill blood.

So why should we give in to them? It is not the government that has made the film , it is a person. How dare they attack us like this. Making demands.

Next thing it will be compulsary to get the little mat out and kneel down ever hour.

You want that?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Freedom of speech is worth a lot of things, but not putting innocent lives in danger for the sake of a b-movie.

Those people will find all kinds of reasons since they WANT to hate the US. The Iranian president was even spreading lies as to how the US is "stealing rain clouds".

That stupid movie is only a small piece of the puzzle - let them remove the movie, next month they find something else.

Please also note it was THEIR (Islamic media) decision to feature that movie as propaganda on THEIR media, otherwise people there wouldn't even know it exists. It's just one movie amongst millions on Youtube. Even if they remove that particular, silly movie...who can tell what reason their propaganda people will find next?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

So where do we draw the line ? They don't just want Christians and Jews wiped off the face of the earth but all non Muslims that includes atheists , agnostics,Buddists, spiritualist , ect. Do we wait till all are rights are stripped one by one every time they take offense to something and start killing us all off !

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

So it seems that the extremists wish to dictate to the westen world , specifically the USa, that they can not release the full version of the film. Umm , who do these people think they area?

they think they are followers of the one true religion, which everyone else should follow too, and which no-one is allowed to denigrate or argue against, and which sometimes tolerates others under sufferance, but only if they are good liittle kufirs and do as they are told by believers

And yes, because their religion is true and the word of god they should be able to tell everyone else what is right and wrong.

Hadn't you figured that out yet??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join