It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial 'naked' scanners scrapped at Manchester Airport over cancer scare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
All this cancer paranoia seems to be spiralling out of control, but at least in this instance it has served some good.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

if people stop flying as a form of protest the air lines would soon have them taken out as they are already struggling to stay in business ,
I know i have stopped flying it took me 3 days to drive from England to where i am now but nobody poked and prodded me or invaded my privacy and nobody looked at me like i was dirt and some how inferior to them .

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Well if they don't stop using these machines, we'll just have to wait for TSA workers to start getting sick from overexposure to random radiation. They are the ones who are constantly exposed to stray radiation all day long and I don't see them wearing anything to protect themselves. If they all start getting sick there will be multimillion dollar lawsuits and the taxpayers will have to pick up the tab. But then maybe they will dismantle these machines.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Maybe that would be a good tactic, getting the tsa to realise its them that's going to get the cancer first ,
get them arguing for some sort of protection against the rays ,
Then if it got to were the tsa had protective clothing against the rays that would show that they are harmful and would have a good case for them to be removed ,

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Glad to here it.
I asked not to go through one last year but denied.

I told them I'd read articles about the scanners being a cancer risk and said I didn't want to go through the scanner.
A supervisor came over and told me I had no choice and that they were safe and had been tested.

My friends who were with me told me I was acting stupid.
My wife even complained to me about me trying to make a point.

Well hopefully this decision to scrap them has proved it for me.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Reassuring news for those who dislike the scanners, be it for privacy or health reasons. However, and I'm sorry to bring negativity to the party (warranted though I feel it to be). I got annoyed when I saw the Infowars page on FB claim this as some big victory by US against THEM, when the article they source the story from:

www.stuff.co.nz...

...states that they haven't even been 'banned' strictly speaking, they've had their permit to operate turned down for extension (which is the same as a "thanks but no thanks" after the trial period). Plus, and which I think is the biggest point in the whole piece:

Only 23 of the millions of passengers in the past three years refused to use the scanners, he said.

...Sorry, how then is this an example of The People doing ANYTHING to bring this about? And before anyone asks if I was one of the 23 putting my money where my mouth is: I haven't owned a passport since 2005, let alone been in a position to accept or refuse to be scanned

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
Reassuring news for those who dislike the scanners, be it for privacy or health reasons. However, and I'm sorry to bring negativity to the party (warranted though I feel it to be). I got annoyed when I saw the Infowars page on FB claim this as some big victory by US against THEM, when the article they source the story from:

www.stuff.co.nz...

...states that they haven't even been 'banned' strictly speaking, they've had their permit to operate turned down for extension (which is the same as a "thanks but no thanks" after the trial period). Plus, and which I think is the biggest point in the whole piece:

Only 23 of the millions of passengers in the past three years refused to use the scanners, he said.

...Sorry, how then is this an example of The People doing ANYTHING to bring this about? And before anyone asks if I was one of the 23 putting my money where my mouth is: I haven't owned a passport since 2005, let alone been in a position to accept or refuse to be scanned

who said it was the people bringing this about infowars ? and was that 23 people just at Manchester airport that refused , i think there would have been more people refusing if they had realised they could refuse and get patted down without loosing there flight , also i wonder how many people stopped flying out of Manchester airport ,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join