It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (part 3 of 3)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
enjoying these mysteries!!!!!! I never get tired of these threads!!!!! weird things that rain down....very interesting for sure.
edit on 15-9-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What a nice collection of threads .. all the 3 parts are like candies for me
i love that stuff lol

If people want MORE .. they should view "NG Ancient X-Files" episodes
even better then the Ancient Alien show with the guy a la grande chevelure

SNF for all 3 parts !
edit on 9/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Awesome threads OP.
These will keep me entertained for days. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There was a guy recently (purported businessman), that claimed to have cracked the Voynich manuscript.

Possibly a hoax, and the entire manuscript may be a hoax, but here is the thread I posted when it was announced by FOX News. (Then again, another reason not to put too many apples in this bag)

Voynich many have been cracked.

BTW: Op, that was a great series of threads, good reading for days! Thanks.

edit on 15-9-2012 by charlyv because: content

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Thanks for the link....i'm intrigued by this manuscript & the fact that so much controversy surrounds it is the main reason I put it into the 15.

Given that its been discussed here on ATS a few times with banter from both sides keeps it in the ol' X-file category, imo.

Cheers for the thumbs up mate

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Or you could be jumping to conclusion when the answer is right in front of you?

The ship had deadly chemicals on it, after they found the ship and its crew they decided to tow it, as they were towing it they saw smoke coming from the boat so they disconnected the tow line and the boat blew up shortly after.

What would make the boat suddenly start to catch fire? Was it god or was it the chemicals catching heat from the boiler room? That's your choice to make but I choose the most reasonable and logical one which would be that the chemical leak killed the crew then blew the ship up.
edit on 15-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have to say your threads on this are so in trusting, do you think you can do another one.Good job.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Ourang Medan Mystery was a failed attempt at shipping illegal substances back to the US after WWII. That's why any paper trail was destroyed.
The way the crew was found dead sounds exactly like they died from exposure to nerve gas. When dogs are put to death by mass gassing today in Japan they have the same face as the dog described in the article too.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Another top quality S&F topic! We needz more of these type of mystery kind of topics, they are very interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I loved your posts and thought they were very interesting . two thubs up from me

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
wow, great threads OP! I've heard of some of these, but not all. Love a good mystery.
thanks for putting these together !
plenty of reading material to go through.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I know you have a BONUS thread hiding somewhere.... Are you releasing it tomorrow?

Anyways, very nice thread...yet again... Keep up the good work man!

S & F

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I thought the Ourang Mendan was quite interesting, though my question is have they sent a dive team to the area to see if the remains actually existed?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I'm not aware of any intentions to undertake a dive.

The governing bodies associated with the Straits of Malacca are all very protective of the area due to its economic importance. Couple this with the fact that it is very narrow and has a traffic separation scheme due to high traffic density almost certainly rules out a search & recovery expedition - Once the wreck was discovered, the costs associated with re-routing traffic would be enormous and this does not even account for the time it would take to actually find it - surveying in the area would be a "collision" nightmare for all concerned. There are, at last count, 35 wrecks within the 800+km stretch.

Governing bodies.............

Governments:
Government of Indonesia
Government of Malaysia
Government of Singapore

Major Groups:
International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (INTERTANKO) (Norway)
International shipping industry.

UN System:
International Maritime Organization (IMO) (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
The World Bank (United States of America)

Other intergovernmental organizations:
International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) (Monaco)

Interesting that The World Bank weighs in regarding the regulatory bodies - given that a quarter of the worlds oil passes through this area maybe why they are there?

Wiki.....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Ahh, I see.

But it would be interesting if one could dive down and find the Ourang Mendan...maybe James Cameron?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Yep - if he teamed up with Robert Ballard (Titanic discoverer) it would be an awesome documentary with all the hallmarks of a cool movie - until then she goes in the same mysterious category as the Mary Celeste and ilk. Her apparent toxic cargo still does not explain the search party accounts of strange temperatures and eerie, near identical expressions on the faces of the dead, imo.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Phenomenal threads, thank you so much for posting. They will definitely keep me busy for the next few days looking into these mysteries.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

I've done a moderate search on the signs & symptoms of death caused by nerve gas - could you steer me in the direction of any site or papers where this is discussed in more detail - I've only found mundane things that do not indicate such things?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I could give it a hand to the supposedly toxic "Japanese" poisons, or whatever it was in the barrels.

But if as they said about the methane...why didn't the Silver Star notice bubbles or the smell? Even succumbing to the gas?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I've read about the Voyanitch Manuscript many times over the years, seen many photos of the art and writing. It seems to be one of two things. Either a kind of "training manual" on how to do a "scientific" (for the time) journal correctly. A sort of teaching aid for would be herbologists and/or natural observers. Or, and I think most likely, a fake natural observer's journal that someone put together to fool someone into giving them a degree of some sort, or a job...something which was never really read by anyone, in a nonsense language, with nonsense entries and bad illustrations of plants the writer was too lazy to actually go out an observe in nature. Possibly a poor copy of an older journal. Perhaps someone wanted to become a doctor and had to do his thesis and convinced the committee he had gone far and wide describing various plants and animals etc. in his own "native language" which of course was just scribbling. Because the book doesn't seem to tell any secrets, even in code. It's just nonsense words and pictures. To the unwashed it would seem very "scholarly." I used to write long sentences on my Dad's old typewriter that was like (iRhjutue(8 jujushde, 4%7jsj> and called it "Martian" and told all the kids I was really a Martian like the guy on TV. (My Favorite Martian.) It was all in fun. But what did they know?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join