It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic Film protest movement should take a lesson from the Internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The 'The Innocence of Muslims' has enraged millions of Muslims around the world is simply something we on the internet see on a constant basis... It's Troll Bait, plain and simple.

Definition of 'Troll Bait'

TROLL BAIT a person who attracts trolls and responds to them unknowingly to their scheme; one who falls prey to the phenomenon of trolling in an irc room, forum, or internet voice chat room; a person, place, or website that trolls find a method of attack--especially naive, overly deceptible person.

For those who get caught up in Youtube drama, do you remember this video?

It's the same principle. This video went MASSIVELY viral in hours because he was attacking people, and threatening to DDoS their computer.

So, the question remains. Islam, "UMAD, BRO?"

edit on 14-9-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

I think you answer your own question.

It's the same principle. This video went MASSIVELY viral in hours because he was attacking people. . . (emphasis added)
If I understand it correctly, massively viral spreading of hate for non-believers, and encouraging violence and destruction, IS the purpose here.

I'm of the school that believes that the embassy attacks (with the possible exception of Egypt, we don't know) were part of a plan for revenge and destruction that was prepared without regard for the film. Perhaps now it will be used as an additional straw to drive the violent campaign, but I don't see the violent leadership as troll bait, so much as opportunists.

I don't see any evidence that they want to learn any lessons or survive peacefully in the world as it now exists. Do we have to teach them a lesson? Or shall we let it continue?
edit on 14-9-2012 by charles1952 because: Add a word.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

The problem with trolls is that they are extremely effective in illiciting emotional and visceral reaction. Now, I put this question to you...What would it look like if an government engaged in trolling, covertly to incite a specific and predictable reaction?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

Excellent question.

Does it depend a little on the people who are being targeted for this kind of psyops campaign? For example, I think it would be harder with a people who were informed, had access to (and used) other news sources, and had a culture of relative non-violence and a lack of deep hatred in their make-up.

In the case of a country which controls all the information, has for a long time, and is dealing with people who can easily be brought to rage, the campaign you mention could be pretty effective.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That's how I see it

America is still looking for a way for Iran to throw the first punch

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The problem with these an heroes is that they're the sort to fall for a troll and then blow up your computer because how dare you insult them.

They'll call for your beheading.

This... THIS.. this is a picture I just capped from the local News, ABC24, reporting on the miscreants who are protesting in Sydney. They're shouting allahu akbah and throwing projectiles.

In bloody Australia.. These people are beyond retarded... Absolutely there should be a mental disorder named for people who follow this stupid cult.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yea stop trolling this beutiful religion of peace

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Absolutely there should be a mental disorder named for people who follow this stupid cult.

Though it has nothing to do with following a cult, there is a mental disorder that does account for their actions. It's called IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder).

That works for me! How about you?

Unfortunately, it looks like it's turning into a pandemic among Muslims. It's hard to believe it was all caused by a damn video. Quite honestly, I believe the "kool-aid" served at many Mosques is the true cause.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 15-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Holy crap, you know that's a perfect description. Oh the Irony of such an affliction having the acronym IED.

Yep, works for me too. I guess I'm a little antsy about it all at the moment, seeing they're rioting in my country now over this fiasco. With signs calling to kill people and things like "our dead are in paradise, your dead are in hell" -- just rubs me the wrong way. All the while they're screaming about how freedom and democracy can take a jump.

Its like having a migraine in my gut..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The problem with trolls is that they are extremely effective in illiciting emotional and visceral reaction. Now, I put this question to you...What would it look like if an government engaged in trolling, covertly to incite a specific and predictable reaction?

Hmm...two pulverized skyscrapers in New York do come to mind but we'll never know for sure just like JFK and countless other things that they can't let become public knowledge as it might actually get a dancing with the stars fan off the couch and rioting in the street. Might is the key word as I'm not sure anything would fully snap some of these zombies out of their trance, but it would be just enough to make them start to beat their war drums, at the cost of their freedom.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join