It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is In a Name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theory. I am kinda’ tired of that phrase. I think we need a new set of words to describe that which may have more to it than meets the eye. A phrase which is less prone to connotation. If the phrase had been around throughout history, Galileo would have been a conspiracy theorist as would have Pliny the Elder. Only in hind sight do we see the difference. However if both were ridiculed and relegated to the fringe, we can only look back and think how obtuse folks must have been back then.

For me, there are just theories. Not a whole lot of laws. Gravity is a theory. So is the gunman on the grassy knoll. While the layman considers gravity a slam dunk absolute, scientists know almost nothing about it. Mass generates it but how? Is it a particle? Is it a wave? Is it a form of energy? But it is for-sure because we experience “it” everyday. Those who espouse it are sacred. Have to be. The 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll? Tin foil hat city. Time to check your medications my friend. Yet both are theories, granted one can be tested, measured, and speculated upon endlessly, the other was a one off. Hard to compare. But it is the “word” I am after.

I think it has something to do with education. Americans except gravity sight unseen and LHO shot JFK in Dallas. It’s what they have been. If they looked under the rug and noticed how little scientists know about gravity, they might be…unnerved. If they don’t know about something so mundane, what else don’t they know about? I depend on those guys to ensure my medicines are safe, my house won’t fall down, my car won’t explode, etc. Maybe under the rug is to be avoided. Scientists on the other hand are willing to except the limited knowledge about such things. They like to explore, to seek the ‘truth’. They are good guys.

Perhaps on such things as the JFK shooting, under the rug is bad too. It is way better to believe one crazy dude shot the President as a one off. Out of the blue. If there are connections going anywhere outside of that, what does that say about my world? Don’t look under the rug. Conspiracy Theorists, in their quest to see if there is more to meet the eye are vilified as nut jobs by the guardians of the rug. Americans hear that and knowing what uncertainties are spawned under the rug, acquiesce in agreement.

Myself, I like to consider myself level headed and thoughtful. Just because someone mentions gravity or the JFK shooting, I will not enable their quest for affirmation with the boutique, coffee table edition reply. I am not satisfied with it. I am not afraid of what is under the rug. I care not. Pull it up and let’s see is my attitude. I need to live in this house with that rug in it. If there is something which can harm me under it, ignoring it does me no good.

So what do I think about gravity and the JFK shooting? Well gravity is pretty cool. However, the older I get, the more I think it is out to get me. Call me paranoid but I know, unequivocally I could run faster and jump higher in my youth. Now-a-days, I am slower and jumping hurts. Ergo, the obvious maliciousness of gravity is apparent to me. Clear cut, plain as day.

The JFK shooting? I do not know. Too many people look simply at the 6 seconds of the shooting itself and dwell there. Blinders on with deep focus. It’s almost as if someone wanted me transfixed so I do not look left or right. Call me paranoid.

By age 17 LHO had lived in 22 different locations and had attended 12 different schools. He may not have been ‘all there’. LHO left the USMC and defected to the Soviet Union in 1959. It is hard to determine, but at least a whopping three Americans defected to the USSR in 1959. He married the daughter of an intelligence apparatchik. Later, he requested to come back to the US and it was approved. How many Americans who have defected, have been welcomed back to the US? Hard to find. LHO was not a marksman. He only fired twice in the USMC. He missed JFK on the first shot too. The rifle used was a hunk of junk. When LHO tried to shoot GEN Walker, he hid the rifle afterwards. So said his wife. When he shot JFK, he left it by the window with the spent cartridges. Some sniper. Now the book depository was a pretty good vantage point to shoot from. LHO worked at the book depository. Who knew the motorcade would go past there and when? Sure LHO could have shot from elsewhere but it was fortuitous he had such a good perch. Two days after being taken into custody, he was publically shot. The shooter was a night club owner involved with the mob. He had some issues too. He was tried and convicted but appealed. He died before the appeal. JFK, like any national figure, had his detractors and enemies. Who may have they been? Some argue JFK tried to limit the power of the Federal Reserve. The last President to do that before him was Abraham Lincoln. JFK and his brother had it out for the mob. The government hates competition but there are reasons why most do not mess with organized crime. What happened to his brother anyway?

I am not going to argue the nuances of any of these points. However, I simply look at the volume. I find it hard to believe none of these dots are connected. That it is all coincidental. Each and every circumstance stands on its own merits and has no relation to any of the others. To consider any connection is ridiculous.

I have no idea how gravity works. I do not know all the details of the JFK shooting. But why is it if I try to repair my knowledge gaps on the former, I am OK. If I try to fill in the gaps on the latter, I am a nut?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Conspiracy Theory. I am kinda’ tired of that phrase.
Very well then, don't use that phrase anymore.

Categorization should always be avoided, regardless of what the category may or may not be, but of course that isn't always easy to do.

Americans except gravity sight unseen....
lol. Are you floating right now?

You don't have to know exactly what it is, to realize that it actually does exist. It is much more than just accepting it, simply because someone told us it was there.

Now as far as 'Conspiracy Theorists' often being labelled as 'a nut', that's because it is often true. Just ask anyone who believes that the Reptilian Shapeshifters who live in the middle of Hollow Earth, use their Spaceship Moon to spy on us 24/7.

Oh yeah, and don't forget that their only weakness is Youtube. lol.

edit on 9/14/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Its a little deeper than that. Yeah, I know I am not floating but what are the mechanics of it? Why does it act the way it does? With regards to JFK? If you are happy simply 'not to be floating', great. That Newton was a nutter anyway. Galileo was accused of witchcraft.

I may not be convinced of reptilians running around but to feel a sense of security so deep I feel safe calling anything supporting that possibility 'crazy'...eh not so much. I'm not one much for the witch burning crowd.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Its a little deeper than that. Yeah, I know I am not floating but what are the mechanics of it? Why does it act the way it does?
I understand what you're basically saying. I just don't think 'Gravity' is a very good example. Of course I don't know what causes it to act the way that it does, but I do not claim to know either.

Also, as far as I can recall, nobody has ever tried to explain to me exactly what/why gravity is, so I am not simply accepting what I have been told.

Personally, I would have used 'The Big Bang Theory' as an example.

First off, I don't particularly like that theory. What I dislike even more though, is how so many people use that phrase as if it is an undeniable fact, which it is not.

It even seems like most of the time, the last word isn't even used anymore, even though it is actually the most important word in that phrase. More often than not, it seems to be used in the context of: 'Ever since the Big Bang.....' or 'After the Big Bang.....' etc... etc....

To me, 'The Big Bang' IS something that many people 'accept sight unseen' as being a fact, instead of simply accepting it for all it is→ A Possibility.

With regards to JFK? If you are happy simply 'not to be floating', great

Regarding JFK: I have no idea. I wasn't there.

....and Hell yeah I'm happy by simply not floating. Just try to imagine what that mundane trip to the bathroom would be like, if there was no gravity. It wouldn't be pretty.

edit on 9/15/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the visual on a gravityless trip to the bathroom

Yup. The Big Bang thing is better. It gets thrown around so much as gospel and yet is totally theoretical. Myself, I never bought it or at least bought it in its current description.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the visual on a gravityless trip to the bathroom
lol. You're very welcome. There was no way I could keep that thought to myself. It had to be shared.

I can't seem to stop thinking about gravity now. Honestly, the mechanics behind it is something that I have never actually put much thought into. Which is most likely because I will never be able to reach a satisfactory conclusion. Regardless, I keep on thinking about it now.

It actually seems to be totally backwards.....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's the thing. I know its there. Scientists know its there. But is it Gravitons? What the heck are those? Does mass then produce gravitons as gravitons have no mass themselves?

edit on 16-9-2012 by ABNARTY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I have no idea. I just meant that I have thinking about it, but none of those thoughts were actually productive.

Honestly, I really don't even know where to begin.

new topics

top topics

join