It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over California Leaving Earth's Atmosphere - No Chinese Lanterns!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I saw this video and to me it doesn't seem like they are Chinese Lanterns...they move too quick. These are the same objects that were apparently seen over Russia. Unless this is a military exercise, it is tough to decipher these possible space objects from regular aircraft. Thoughts???

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have a very open mind, but the shots from CA, sure look doctored to me. When the "ships are over the cloud (lower right shot), looks like the "overlay" moves out of sync with the lower level.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The guy on the video says they're moving really fast , I don't think they're moving any faster than I would expect if they were lanterns .
Unfortunately the video is low quality even when watched in HD but my initial impression is they look like lanterns , that doesn't mean they necessarily are lanterns but chances are if they'd been filmed with a decent camera we would see lanterns

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
I have a very open mind, but the shots from CA, sure look doctored to me. When the "ships are over the cloud (lower right shot), looks like the "overlay" moves out of sync with the lower level.

It could just be the case of the video recorder using a crappy camera, just as the one on the iphone?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd

thank god for your prognation
i thought "dave your a piss head" and it didnt happen lol

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
The guy on the video says they're moving really fast , I don't think they're moving any faster than I would expect if they were lanterns .
Unfortunately the video is low quality even when watched in HD but my initial impression is they look like lanterns , that doesn't mean they necessarily are lanterns but chances are if they'd been filmed with a decent camera we would see lanterns

You provide some very good points on this. They could be CL's however, if you look at this video on a Chinese Lantern release, you would see it disappear much faster in the sky than these objects (on a similar evening sky)

Also, is there any real difference between CL's in terms of colour. In the first video the lights appear white while in the above video the light inside the CL is yellow?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
cool vid!
i've said it before,and i'll say it again.
the mass world wide sales of chinese lanterns has skyrocketed in the last few years
appearently,(according to the debunkers on ats,all ufo's are lanterns!)
and i'm seriously thinking about persuing a career in the manufacturing of these lanterns!!!
it seems like a lucrative venture!!!!
i'll be rich before i know it!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They are obviously moving with the wind and did not leave the atmosphere. Hoax.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
cool vid!
i've said it before,and i'll say it again.
the mass world wide sales of chinese lanterns has skyrocketed in the last few years
appearently,(according to the debunkers on ats,all ufo's are lanterns!)
and i'm seriously thinking about persuing a career in the manufacturing of these lanterns!!!
it seems like a lucrative venture!!!!
i'll be rich before i know it!!!!

If you are going to sell CL's at least make them look like UFO's or Project Blue Beam Aliens

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Most likely lanterns, they are floating in the wind not flying out of the atmosphere.

When are you going to show us something other than balloons and lanterns? These do nothing amazing (like all the other lights in the sky videos), nothing that would indicate they are anything other than a mad made object floating in the wind.

Come on people, use that thing between your ears.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Come on people, use that thing between your ears.

My nose works perfectly well thank you, and I can smell BS from miles away...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Also, is there any real difference between CL's in terms of colour. In the first video the lights appear white while in the above video the light inside the CL is yellow?
In the OP video I wouldn't really call them lights.

They are whitish in appearance. They could be balloons.

I don't see anything amazing, they just drift slowly upward like balloons or chinese lanterns would. Even a regular old airplane could at least make a turn or something, and these objects didn't even do that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Obviously not if you continue to post videos of lanters and such. Just sayin'...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Obviously not if you continue to post videos of lanters and such. Just sayin'...

I post videos to be up for discussion. I am not saying they are indeed alien aircraft at all. They could be anything really. Just sayin we need backup evidence to either prove/disprove the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The speed of the lanterns will depend on the size of the lanterns and the temp of the surrounding air along with the movement of the air that could influenced by features on the ground.

edit on 14-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I post videos to be up for discussion. I am not saying they are indeed alien aircraft at all. They could be anything really. Just sayin we need backup evidence to either prove/disprove the video.

So you can smell BS from "miles away", but still find it necessary for people to discuss videos that everyone agrees are most likely Chinese Lanterns, just to verify that they are indeed lanterns? If your BS meter was as good as you claim it is you wouldn't be posting the videos in the first place because you would most likely know before you posted that it wasn't anything worthy of discussion.

Yes I am nitpicking, but don't claim to be some ulta skeptical fraud detection machine and then continue to post videos that are identified on the first page as Chinese Lanterns floating in the wind. All of the "well I never said it was Alien I just wanted to bring it to the board" is just an excuse for you to post video after video and get your stars and flags and then come back and later say that you knew it was a Chinese Lantern but wanted to have a discussion on it.

I am so tired of seeing the same videos over and over again with the OP's taking zero responsibility in clogging boards up with Lanterns and helicoptors, then call for the thread to be closed and start up another one the next day. That isn't some kind of investigation, it is not your responsibility to post every youtube video with the word "UFO" in it to ATS in order to foster some kind of discussion. I'm serious, its not your responsibility, you don't need to do it. If there is a legitimate UFO video, it will get plenty of attention don't worry.

I know this is harsh, and I am sorry I am dropping it all on your shoulders, but I am tired of it all. This is becoming nothing more than a spot to repost youtube videos with 0 thought put into threads what so ever, just people saying "Hey look what I saw on youtube, maybe there is a .5% chance it is a real sighting lets talk about it anyway though"

edit on 9/14/2012 by sputniksteve because: I thought you were more accurate in the strength of your BS meter, apparently it is open ended and goes for miles instead of just 2.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Based on speed of ascent and subsequent speeds, it looks like the CLs are being launched from somewhere behind the house on the right.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So now that we are pretty sure it is actually Chinese Lanterns, does that make the title of this thread comical or a metaphor for the state of ATS Alien and UFO section?

I mean it is exactly what the title told us it wasn't. Do I get a refund or something? This is bothering me more than usual today.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
More than likely drones as I saw similar formation of objects about few months ago just few weeks before the usage of drones was announced in US.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. No offense though, but why state explicitly in the thread title "No chinese lanterns!" when you know they are most likely chinese lanterns. They aren't moving any faster than your average lower level jet-stream. Sure they form an odd clump in the sky, but everything else in the video stinks of "people in a distant field releasing chinese lanterns."

Still, doesn't need me to say that - just look at the number of flags this thread got

Great to see ATS not get fooled for once.
edit on 14-9-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join