It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last season for FRINGE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
DAMMIT! Why do they keep cancelling shows that have some intelligence to them? Season 5 is it for Fringe.
But I bet the reality crap keeps going on and on and on. No brains required to watch drunken bimbos and burned out buttheads.

JEEZ!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Why do they keep cancelling shows........

Are you sure that it was cancelled? I know this is the last Season, but I think it was actually the show's creators who decided it was time to bring it to an end, as opposed to it being cancelled by the FOX Network.

They have obviously been running out of ideas. Based off of what I have read, I'm pretty sure that the direction they are heading in this upcoming Season, is completely different from what it has been. Almost to the point of it practically being a new show. They're jumping ahead about 20 or 30 years, for this Season.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by jiggerj

Why do they keep cancelling shows........

Are you sure that it was cancelled? I know this is the last Season, but I think it was actually the show's creators who decided it was time to bring it to an end, as opposed to it being cancelled by the FOX Network.

They have obviously been running out of ideas. Based off of what I have read, I'm pretty sure that the direction they are heading in this upcoming Season, is completely different from what it has been. Almost to the point of it practically being a new show. They're jumping ahead about 20 or 30 years, for this Season.

It's all the same to me whether it's called cancelled or ending. If writers could keep the Seinfeld show running for 9 seasons with such a limited plot line, there's no excuse for the Fringe writers with a premise that's wide open to explore anything and everything. They can get new writers!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Good. I hope they cancel all shows—except for anything on HBO.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its sad, Fringe is one of the best shows ever produced. I'm gonna miss it!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I quit watching HBO shows when they ended Deadwood after only three seasons and Carnivale after only two. Game of Thrones is so good however that I just have to watch.

As far as Fringe goes, it will be sadly missed. It is one of the best shows on network tv, you gotta love Walter the nutty scientist.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thats a bummer i just love Fringe ..The crazy scientist was the best he made the show to me..I agree they could hire new writers to keep the show going..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

First they cancel Eureka,
Now Fringe? What are the networks thinking??

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This is all I have to say about this.

[edit] - I'm serious. My wife and I are currently half way through season 2 on our third watch through (of seasons 1-4)... and I'm loving it as much as (if not more than) I did the first time around.
It's an incredible show. I wish they'd stop cancelling the few things on TV worth watching!!!!

...at least there's still Justified.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Honestly, I can't see why all of you are upset about this. You should just be thankful that it lasted this long, and that there is still one more season yet to watch.

Especially when considering the random scheduling that FOX has put it through. Not only switching to Friday, which is the absolute worst night for primetime shows, but also the way they aired last season; Maybe 2 weeks in a row of new shows, then 3 or 4 weeks of none.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!111

Don't watch if you've not seen the latest episode. For those that didn't think Fringe would be good and stopped watching it/never tried watching it, maybe a lot of you were wrong!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
But did Whitney survive? I had it on good authority it was NOT to be canceled.

top topics

join