It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I LOVE me some God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My life is in partial shambles, living in my parents basement. Haven't had income in my bank for a year, no jobs. Been looking, graduated through undergrad and now I don't know if I should be a elementary teacher. My 2 associates do not carry me to job opportunities that I want. I can't live on minimum wage. I sleep in a child size bed (single) which doesn't hold my 6'1 230 body. My girlfriend might have lupus. I really want to move. I'm stuck in a situation for the past 27 years. I off and on go through spouts of depression, which i handle pretty damn well than I did before. (fish oil) I'll be 28 in oct, only to believe that I have failed at life in some way or another.

But I sure love me some God~N~JC

agape

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Breathe.

You only fail when you give up.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You can't fail at life... but you can learn from the experiences it provides...

you've already made it this far in life so its not a failure either way...

You'll figure it out my friend...

Things will happen if you let God guide you

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear about your situation.
My daughter's virtual school is hiring for several positions. Good benefits.
PM me if you are interested in more info.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully everything works out the way you want it to. If your love for god keeps you going then more power to you, just don't sit back and expect him to hand everything to you. You have to take the initiative yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A river of rhythm runs through you,
feel your feet sink into the tree roots.
Let your soul light groove
let your mind bust moves
there's a part of your heart
that you've gotta cut loose.

A valley of vision drives through you
guiding insight into what you do.
Every breath is a death
to rebirth on this Earth
DON'T GIVE UP
you were blessed with this curse.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
My life is in partial shambles, living in my parents basement. Haven't had income in my bank for a year, no jobs. Been looking, graduated through undergrad and now I don't know if I should be a elementary teacher. My 2 associates do not carry me to job opportunities that I want. I can't live on minimum wage. I sleep in a child size bed (single) which doesn't hold my 6'1 230 body. My girlfriend might have lupus. I really want to move. I'm stuck in a situation for the past 27 years. I off and on go through spouts of depression, which i handle pretty damn well than I did before. (fish oil) I'll be 28 in oct, only to believe that I have failed at life in some way or another.

agape

Hey man. Life sucks sometimes.

Don't blame, take responsibility. Even if it's not your fault. Take responsibility for your life.

Move on and start teaching. If you can't get a job where you are move. I know easier said than done, but it sounds like your parents have your back. Maybe tap that resource some more? Either that or use your degree to get another job, TEFL for example, you could globe trot and save a few bucks.

She's your girlfriend, not your wife. Help her where you can, if you can't deal with her predicament tell her so and part ways. It'll hurt on both accounts, but in the long run it'll be best for both of you.

Don't like your bed? Build a better one, you don't necessarily have to buy one. 6 king stud 2x4s will make a good frame and costs like 12 bucks. Just rummage around til you find another mattress, box springs are not a required. That or make a floor palette out of blankets. We Humans slept on the ground before we slept in beds.

Harsh I know, but you have a leg up. That silly piece of paper gives you an edge, it gets you into the "College Club".
edit on 13-9-2012 by thesungod because: ways not was

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If you have time on your hands read this, for starters. Then get in shape and learn to fast and meditate. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

agape

My 2 associates? By that are you referring to your parents? If so, do you seriously expect them to "carry you" to "job opportunities"? Havn't they "carried" you far enough already?

You say that your'e "stuck in a situation for the past 27 years" and that you are 27 years old? I do believe that this "situation" in which you are "stuck" is called LIFE.

I suggest that you take control of it NOW. Because if you continue waiting in the basement for your "associates" or God to come solve all your problems, your "situation" may NEVER improve.

Good Luck

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

agape

Take a look back. Taking from life will gain you suffering. Giving to life gives back reward. There is a simple example of this. Smoke and cancer comes. This is because taking a reward that is not earned or honest will bring a debt. Instead, visit the gym and suffer for the reward. Honest work forward brings opportunity. Taking reward denies opportunity. Take a look back then forgive the past. Suffer forward with every choice. The more you open yourself up to opportunity, the more it becomes available to you. This is the law for anyone.

If you love God, respect His law. The will to take leads to the life of debt. The will to give and receive is true life. Take a look back and you will notice why the law has broken you. There are few exceptions to the law.

Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

The Person that fears has all the power. The person with no fear is powerless. Remember that there are two types of fear. One fear is being scared and powerless. The other fear is reverence for God's law. This fear and deference to God gives you all the things you need. Why worry? Simply follow the law by suffering on purpose. Reward follows.

edit on 13-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Suffering is a form of experiance and learning. The meaning of life is to experiance, to live. Even to suffer, because a negative can be a positive.

I know i am not the only one

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You basically said "I'm suffering... I love God and Jesus". I'm not seeing the connection?

How does one relate to the other?

Are you saying that you believe BECAUSE you are suffering, or you think this suffering came from them to help you in some way?

What if you didn't believe in God, wouldn't it be the same thing just a different approach to having hope?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

agape

When you're on the bottom, nowhere to go but up! Don't throw in the towel, just keep pushing through, the rewards come if you push past the pain. You may need a change of scenery, take a job somewhere in another state. Finishing your education is imperative in this world unless you want to end up in a factory job or working as a truck driver always gone. You're not alone and you're not the only one, just know that we're all with you, and so is Jesus and all the Apostles. You're apart of something greater than anything this world can offer.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

agape

Why?

My life is very similar and I am 47.. My life was destroyed by a bully who followed me and had me sacked or bullied out of leaving 6 "interconnected jobs" (I work in a small niche industry and love it too much and have worked too hard and am too old to try something else), over the last four years.

I have been bankrupt twice, I lost my home, my car, my retierment fund trying to pay off some of my debts (released on a financial hardship claim), I have had a number of job applications sabotaged by this person, who has many high profile contacts, who will do things for her, I am homeless and very unwell.

This person is highly successful in our industry and is climbing the ladder fast and ha openly said to peers that I will never hold a job, should I gwet another and she finds out. She claims I molested her daily for two years when we worked togeather, which is not true "I would never harm another human being in any way" and as specially in THAT way!!

Same bully that has hurt me so much is heavy into GOD and JESUS, this person preaches to her cristian brothers and sisters at church meetings "peace and love to all", yet still hurts me every time she has the oportunity "because she just dosen't like me".

Why should I believe in GOD or Love GOd, when GOD only loves and rewards people like her?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

She is seeding things she one day has to reap if you are telling the whole story. Worldly succes in this world means nothing in the next.

Disconnect from the smallmindeness of it all and fly.

Nighttime draws close.
You are so near,
yet so far...

What do you desire?
Who is on your mind?
The silhouette risking life.
Seeing its transparent beauty,
I was lost for words.

*If you take to the skies,
I want to be your wings.
No matter how strong the wind is,
they will never break,
the resilient wings.
Someday, I will have them.

We grew up with the same dreams,
on the street blooming with white flowers.
But now...

Race between the clouds,
the silver airship.
I looked up and reached,
but it slipped away from my fingertips,
so small it disappeared.

**Amongst the endless clouds,
I wonder where all things are moving towards.
A desired place of tranquility.
The path of the descending angels,
surely leads into my arms.

edit on 14-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Calling for god and putting everything on "it" is the first sign of giving up.

What if its minimum wage, start saving money, while you look or further you education/career.

I had a minimum wage part-time job since 18, 8 yrs later, i still have that job on top of my career, full time job. i can let that job go whenever i can, but when i tried to quit, the managers offered me to come in whenever i feel like to make extra cash, i work 5-10hrs a week at my old part time place. It pays for my gas money and side spending without dipping into my main income..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Peace to you brother of sorrow, we are not of this world but must live in it. God is in the moment so try to stay in His presence, have faith that Christ is beside you or even better in your heart, speak to Him and love His Presence and you will derive comfort from It and begin to know the Holy Spirit. We all must endure trials, but persever and remember that the Kingdom of Heaven is conquered among difficulties and victories over ourselves.

Once again may the peace of Christ be with you.

top topics

join