It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE EVENT IS UPON US! and, errr, Homer and Marge got it wrong!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow. So the prediction was wrong. I admit that the Simpsons reference was utterly ridiculous, and %99.99 unlikely in any way of predicting a false flag, The OP thought for some reason, it was a possibility. Predictions should be left open and not in any terms stating the events that "might" happen as being a sure thing. More times than not, the egg will end up on the OP's face in such instances. Is this just a thread to bash and belittle the OP's of these threads? It's over. Nothing happened. I do not see how debasing these people changes the outcome, which was nothing. I do not think anyone enjoys being laughed at when found to be wrong on any topic - on ATS or otherwise.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Wow. So the prediction was wrong. I do not think anyone enjoys being laughed at when found to be wrong on any topic - on ATS or otherwise.

Well most never apologise in fact i havent seen one yet for claiming as fact it would
hapen while telling people if they do not believe to put up or shill calling etc.
Having got it wrong all the time its time for the doomsayers to stop the sheep comments.
when they are the ones following charlatans like the sheep comments they seem to tarnish us with.

Ironic wouldn't you say?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Wow. So the prediction was wrong. I do not think anyone enjoys being laughed at when found to be wrong on any topic - on ATS or otherwise.

Well most never apologise in fact i havent seen one yet for claiming as fact it would
hapen while telling people if they do not believe to put up or shill calling etc.
Having got it wrong all the time its time for the doomsayers to stop the sheep comments.
when they are the ones following charlatans like the sheep comments they seem to tarnish us with.

Ironic wouldn't you say?

Maybe they do not apologize due to the fact that they are embarrassed for making a failed prediction. Who knows? The doom threads on here do not get to me apparently as much as you. If I think it's crap, I ignore it. Besides, maybe someday a prediction made upon such gloomy matters will one day be substantiated. Everyone will look back in disbelief that someone had actually gotten one right. I don't think this is that big of a deal to bash or mock them over. I read the post, chuckled and went about my business. No harm, no foul.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Maybe they do not apologize due to the fact that they are embarrassed for making a failed prediction. Who knows?
I do they move the goal posts cry like a baby with anyone that dissagrees.
Even after the failed predictions. I don't hate the threads i find them very entertaining to be honest.

This realisation is the fundamental problem the masses have when they read a conspiracy theory and get all excited. They shriek, ''the world's going to end in 2012''. No, it's not. ''Agghhh, the Illuminati are controlling what milk I use on my cereal.No, they're not, you are.

Peace: Keep up the good work of denying ignorance against charlatans.
edit on 10-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Maybe they do not apologize due to the fact that they are embarrassed for making a failed prediction. Who knows?
I do they move the goal posts cry like a baby with anyone that dissagrees.
Even after the failed predictions. I don't hate the threads i find them very entertaining to be honest.

This realisation is the fundamental problem the masses have when they read a conspiracy theory and get all excited. They shriek, ''the world's going to end in 2012''. No, it's not. ''Agghhh, the Illuminati are controlling what milk I use on my cereal.No, they're not, you are.

Peace: Keep up the good work of denying ignorance against charlatans.
edit on 10-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

Am I not denying ignorance by ignoring such threads as probable failed prophecies or hoaxes? I believe that's exactly what I am doing.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

Of course no aliens are going to save us. To stop the madness we need to ALL agree to disagree, celebrate our differences and realise that we all just want to get through this life without causing suffering to others. Maybe that's the "alien" concept because so many of us just can't stop their own negativity.

I think to put it succinctly, if anyone watched the last episode of The Prisoner where Patrick McGoohan walked free to All You Need Is Love... that sums up what I'm trying to say.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm glad nothing horrendous happened from the evening of Sept 9-Sept.10. In the other thread, with that Simpsons Doomsday clock. I mentioned Sept.11, 2001 was seven days prior to the start of the Jewish New Year Rosh Ha Shanah. This year according to Chabad.org Rosh HaShanah starts on the evening of Sept.16. 7 days prior to the start of Rosh HaShanah would be the evening of Sept. 9 through the evening of Sept 10.
edit on 10-9-2012 by PGTWEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

Hey dude, if you have a look at the TWZ kelley and watkins graphs, there is a massive peak and crash on September 16th and 17th 2012. I thought that was quite interesting and coincides with what you are saying.

But, of course, like the majority of "doom" dates here on ATS, it is more likely nothing.

I would still keep an open mind though.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Its not that there is a "sucker" born every minute, its more like, there are too many "Hollywood movies" influenced people

Very true!! I love when someone on this site says they have a theory and after they explain it they say yeah it's just like the movie instert blank here haha,

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Made me laugh i got called a shill/disinfo agent yesterday for posting evidence that shattered
the OP's claims.Guess what i were right but it didnt stop him throwing his toys out the pram

Latest is coldplay is the illuminati lol

Haha they have to go with the name calling when they can't fight the facts!! Don't underestimate the basement boys though haha!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I share your frustration, TC. I made a topic about the frequency of failed predictions (see my signature for it if you wish) but it was largely ignored and then the intent of the topic as well as my character were grossly distorted, so I abandoned it.

The main point I tried to make in it was that most of the prediction topics of note are supported by evidence in the form of seemingly improbable series of coincidences and synchronicities, so robust and strange that it's easy to conclude that they must mean something. But then nothing happens, revealing that sometimes even incredibly improbable combinations of coincidences can really just be that: coincidences.

I think that's the main flaw in our logic when we jump to the conclusion that something must happen on such and such a date: the assumption that improbable coincidences and correlations indicate the certainty that something unusual is up. Clearly they don't necessarily indicate that.

Still, such topics are intriguing and I don't oppose their existence. It's fascinating to explore such topics.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
ahhh.. this one brings me joy. never did i say an event was happening today, i said "stay on your toes". the countdown clock was but a piece of my thread. i also stated over and over i believed something will happen between now and end of year. though with the recent threads coming in now i would say this event may only be weeks away. they shut my thread down. take that how you want. ive reached more people than i could ever imagine. and i still grace your front page
[/quote
Wow really something is going to happen between now and the end of the year man I would of never guessed it

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just stay away from all the predictions then, because they'll be wrong pretty much all the time.

Conspiracy theorists has been right in a general sense though, our rights are still being continually taken away, TPTB still control the world through banking, the masses are still being lied to, TPTB are still performing their occult rituals in public at huge events like the Olympics, countries without western banking systems are still being invaded, public opinion is still being manipulated, big pharma and international conglomerates are still evil, TPTB still meet in secret at Bohemian Grove and at the Bilderberg meetings, science is still being suppressed in certain areas..

This list could go on for a while, you know the truth is out there.. just ignore the predictions if you don't like them.. people wanna be right, you know that, a lot of people wanna say "I told you so".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join