It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly did the RNC ram the new rules through? Was kidnapping involved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Romney/RNC at it again...

As most of you already heard from this video:

the rules committee bus was delayed and circled around downtown Tampa Bay. What exactly happened in that bus? Here is the inside scoop.

The Rhode Island, Virginia delegation, along with Morton Blackwell (a key establishment RNC figure who was AGAINST the new rules provisions) was steered away in the Tampa Times Forum (where the RNC was held) driven away and delayed. The bus patrons (delegates) demanded to be let off the bus because they knew they were going to be late and an armed federal agent REFUSED to let them off. After the delegates made a big stink about it, they were finally let off after an HOUR of being held, had to run 7 blocks to the arena only to barely make the adjournment of the meeting.

Late for what? TOO late to pass the minority report through the rules committee, which they had enough support (signatures) to do (especially with Blackwell leading the fight) the minority report was the KEY to stopping the (scripted) rules provisions from being steam rolled through half the delegation.

How confident were they that the minority report would pass? so confident that all the Ron Paul delegates were studying it the night before.

There are now a possible lawsuit arising for unlawful kidnapping.

Again, I ask all of you, if Ron Paul's Revolution is so fringe and nutty, so much so, that he already LOST and was rejected by the majority of the GOP voting body (like the few of you claim).

why go through all of this trouble?
why risk being convicted for a FELONY for a man who is unelectable? a man who was 'too far out from the mainstream'?
why fight it all the way through the primaries from beginning to end?
why the convention fraud?
why the physical assault?
why the fake delegate slates?
why the secret ballot counting locations in IA?
why the rigged voting machines in AZ?
why the unwarranted arrests?
why the KIDNAPPING?
why the scripted RNC vote?
why condemn the FUTURE by attempting to kill all future grassroots movements if THEY DON'T MATTER and the GOP REJECTS their ideas?

What are THEY afraid of? An intellectual revolution? Another Ron Paul? Perhaps a fourth Ron Paul presidential run? or one by his son?

THINK people.

edit on 7-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's so amazing to me... These were the tactics I've read about in the Political history course. History..... Not present.. The Core of the Republican Party has dredged up the worst to suppress ANY remote show of Paul support and it should just make everyone that much MORE determined to overwhelm by sheer numbers in 2016. They couldn't even give Paul the last little things he damn sure earned..and his efforts for his 'movement' absolutely should have gotten.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome. Nothing would have, in my view. It's about class and integrity. It's something the GOP as an organization used to be known for. At least they weren't near this obvious about the ugly garbage. America so badly needs radical political reform it's screaming for it.

Romney won...and he would have either way. The details that went into it should bring him just a touch of shame though. Huckabee and McCain did this to HIM in 2008 if folks recall how Mitt came to leave the race then. It makes it worse that he's got the control to have stopped it this time. Very low class on the whole bunch for this situation.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well thats the thing, Ron Paul was going to be nominated, a nomination = an obligatory 15 minute speech and we all know what happens when Ron Paul speaks, people start questioning and thinking, brain motor functions that don't take place when Robamney talks. Most of the RNC delegation knew they were unbound by the RNC's own rules, we made that very clear with grassroots efforts.

In my opinion, team Romney/RNC was afraid of a Ron Paul 2012 nomination and any future threats against the establishment.

If Romney is willing to go this far to win the nomination, what will he do in the oval office when given executive power?
edit on 7-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I agree entirely that he earned the right to have a standing there and the ability to say his 15 minutes. He was a legitimate candidate with some numbers, right to the end....however much the GOP worked to bury him. We see it differently though on the whys of it. It doesn't change the end result though. He got sandbagged by his own side right to the end.

The GOP sealed Paul's fate before Romney had come out the winner by a long shot. Heck, the GOP actually ran someone against Ron Paul in his own home seat in Texas some years back. This feud has a long history...

To the extent Romney personally added insult, I don't think he had any fear of losing the nomination. However, if Paul had gotten his 15 minutes then people would have had reason to think and he would have gotten people asking questions. I agree there. I think the fear was Romney would be reminded of the Paul values and expected to keep them in mind if the whole party had a chance to listen to Ron Paul speak WITHOUT the constant media spin.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And here is the thing, if you wished the GOP played fair at the RNC...then I wished they and the media played fair starting from Iowa. Then we wouldn't have two turds arguing with each other in a few weeks, we'd have one turd arguing with himself and a doctor educating an entire nation.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How can we expect someone that was spoon-fed and sheltered his whole luxurious life to have a moral compass? Maybe if he were actually drafted to Vietnam (mind you he protested FOR the Vietnam war) instead of being sent by his father to Paris for mormon missions, he might've learned a thing or two about right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, as bad as it may sound, it's not as bad as booing God at the DNC and then shoving Him back in anyway cause you want the Catholic and Christian vote. How pathetic is that.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Well, as bad as it may sound, it's not as bad as booing God at the DNC and then shoving Him back in anyway cause you want the Catholic and Christian vote. How pathetic is that.

speaking of which, I love how Ron Paul got Republicans to boo their own bible/golden rule. Hypocrisy at its worst.

new topics

top topics

join