It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women. God’s afterthought and man’s curse to rule.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeff41277

Originally posted by Greatest I am
I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18.

Are you sure that God was speaking directly to Adam in Gen. 1 and not in a more general sense giving some marching orders to all the animals that had just been created?

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised.

Well God did ask Adam if he had eaten the forbidden fruit and Adam answered in the affirmative, so Adam, given some Reasoning faculties by God probably figured out why he was being chastised.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality.

Well us Christians also have the option of joining an all male monastery!

They should collect all the pedophile priests and have them do just that.

If Adam was to reproduce, he would have to know about sex. Sex has both good and evil aspects and without the knowledge of the tree, Adam could never follow God's first command to reproduce and yes, it was to A & E and not just the other animals.

That is what I meant when I say that Adam and Eve had no sexual desire till after they ate and recognized that they were naked. God was out of line and unjust for placing A & E in that catch 22.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by Greatest I am

Blah, blah, blah. I've noticed that if there isn't something to bitch about someone will always find something somewhere.

I could start with your handle, but why bother?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Brilliant quote. And it actually rings true.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
are you kidding woman in western society have heaps of power, in fact they run it. Mabey not directly but through a proxy of femine reach they control it.

Strange then that they would pay themselves 3/4 of what men get for the same job.

Give your head a shake my friend and look again for the first time.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
[

D...the physical body, being a vessel, for the soul...is not composed of 'spirit' stuff...'ruling over women' has to be an unfortunate translation...

A99

Yes. One that Christianity has used forever to beat women into submission with.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
[

Nobody is stopping you, get on with it and stop sooking.

When a man marries a woman they become one flesh, Mark 10. The woman is to serve the man and the man to serve the woman as Jesus did. The onus is on the man.

Remember the NT is talking to Christians, I am guessing you aint a Christian so whats it to you. I dont tell you how to live your life so why preach at me?
I dont tell you how to live your life
In fact the bible talks about love in 1 Corinthians 13, tells Christians to emulate Jesus by serving others as Christ served

You talk crap, ignorant crap, but still crap. Unless you are talking the law for the Jews and if thats the case you missed that bus as well.

If your understanding is women are Gods afterthought, that reflects more about your intelligence than anything else you said.
edit on 9-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

What's it to me you ask.

I have something you lack. A social conscience and a craving for justice.
That is why I go after fools like you. To correct you out of love.

Most men want me to go away so they can continue denying women equality but I am not going anywhere.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

The only duty we have is to love one another. Gender has nothing to do with it. And really, I don't exactly support the term 'duty' in relation to this topic. Duty implies that you are obligated. We should do this out of the kindness of our hearts.

We should love each other because it's the right thing to do, not because we're obligated by some prior contract or whatever.
edit on 10-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Love without works and deeds is not true love. Women know how to love a hell of a lot more than men do. Generally speaking of course. It may have to do with the chemistry of bearing children.

If you think the right thing to do is be equal when the lifeboats are being filled by giving women the opportunity to save men ---- because they happen to have a higher capacity to love than men do ---- then by all means. Take a woman's seat in the lifeboat.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Love without works and deeds is not true love.

What we call 'works of love', we usually do while secretly expecting something in return, not just because we want the other person to feel loved.

It's a sad truth in life.

Women know how to love a hell of a lot more than men do. Generally speaking of course. It may have to do with the chemistry of bearing children.

Yes, but we can see that rapidly changing in America. ...I find it funny how whenever I need a negative analogy, America is always there for me. At least it's good for something.

If you think the right thing to do is be equal when the lifeboats are being filled by giving women the opportunity to save men ---- because they happen to have a higher capacity to love than men do ---- then by all means. Take a woman's seat in the lifeboat.

That analogy smells like a trap.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Brilliant quote. And it actually rings true.

I do my best but I am peeved with you right now and am going to go mope.

You did not see Sanctity the way I do but I will not give up just yet becxause I know that all I need are the right word to your already good heart.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Love without works and deeds is not true love.

What we call 'works of love', we usually do while secretly expecting something in return, not just because we want the other person to feel loved.

It's a sad truth in life.

Women know how to love a hell of a lot more than men do. Generally speaking of course. It may have to do with the chemistry of bearing children.

Yes, but we can see that rapidly changing in America. ...I find it funny how whenever I need a negative analogy, America is always there for me. At least it's good for something.

That analogy smells like a trap.

No. It is a real life scenario that I hope will bring you to see Sanctity and our male duty to humanity the way I do.

What I do when I seek a position on something is take it to the large scale, lots of people in this case, and the small scale where there would only be two people left on the ship and only one seat in the lifeboat and the last two people on earth. In that scenario, saving the woman, in the hope that she is pregnant, gives the only decision to renew the human race. What is good for the one is good for the many. S says Spock.

Actually, the best would be to have the time to impregnate her but I am thinking this because I am knocking off now and going to bug my wife before she drowns. Wink.

Later my friend.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Sanctity applies to both men and women equally. But who comes first? That's the question, and either way you lean, you're being sexist. The trick is to answer without being sexist, which means using anti-sexist logic.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

[

D...the physical body, being a vessel, for the soul...is not composed of 'spirit' stuff...'ruling over women' has to be an unfortunate translation...

A99

Regards
DL

Strange, it was Martin Luther who introduced education for all, including women. Prior to the reformation women had no value.
Ignorance is something to be denied around here, not embraced.
Christianity teaches equality, but also self sacrifice.
Christians live for a better world. This world aint it for us.

Christianity doesnt use it. people use it to label Christians. No idea what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sanctity applies to both men and women equally. But who comes first? That's the question, and either way you lean, you're being sexist. The trick is to answer without being sexist, which means using anti-sexist logic.

You do know that women and men are different, dont you?
Sexism defines the differences, its supposed to be there. Why deny what exists. Not all sexism is bad. Equality does not exist. You seem very preachy.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

are you kidding woman in western society have heaps of power, in fact they run it. Mabey not directly but through a proxy of femine reach they control it.

Strange then that they would pay themselves 3/4 of what men get for the same job.

Regards
DL

Its more complicated than just money transaction. Woman are in control and always have been!. Hows that for a conspiracy title.
Man must based his decisions of logical rational thought.
Woman based her on emotional impulsiveness.
emotional emos always tend to rule the logical wallys.
Like manager worker.
A Man is slave.
and the Woman is Master.

That about sums it up!

edit on 11-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: And believe me its painful to know that!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Fathers speech recorded in Genesis is not correctly accurate as you are given in the bible as of today. Also, some key details are missing. As it stands now, I see why you have drawn this conclusion, based strictly on what is written.

The speech in Genesis was not recording by anyone. If so, who, then? The book of Genesis originated mostly from the Enuma Elish, written some 4500 years before.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Not really. It just means recognizing the strength and weakness of the male and female character.

You are right that sanctity applies to both.

We have to recognize, that in animal terms, men are the Alpha and women are the Beta. There are exceptions in both camps so we have to allow for diverse characters in both men and women. Some men can be said to be more Beta than women and some women more Alpha than males.

I think we can generally say that the Alpha, being more aggressive and strong willed by nature, is better suited to defend any principle. If Sanctity is to be fought for, men should lead the fight. Sexist or not, that is reality and I make no apology for my position.

Our duty then is to lead when required with the purpose of elevating women who remain the womb of life. Men then come first to clear the way for women.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

[

A99

Regards
DL

Strange, it was Martin Luther who introduced education for all, including women. Prior to the reformation women had no value.
Ignorance is something to be denied around here, not embraced.
Christianity teaches equality, but also self sacrifice.
Christians live for a better world. This world aint it for us.

Christianity doesnt use it. people use it to label Christians. No idea what you are talking about.

No Christian who knows any of Christians history will see it as pushing for equality. As you say, before the protestant movement women where chatel. After it, they still were for many years.

Listen and learn.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Regards
DL

Its more complicated than just money transaction. Woman are in control and always have been!. Hows that for a conspiracy title.
Man must based his decisions of logical rational thought.
Woman based her on emotional impulsiveness.
emotional emos always tend to rule the logical wallys.
Like manager worker.
A Man is slave.
and the Woman is Master.

That about sums it up!

edit on 11-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: And believe me its painful to know that!

Then we agree that man should shed his woke of slavery so I will not argue your wrong assumption as to who presently rules.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join