It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women. God’s afterthought and man’s curse to rule.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Fathers speech recorded in Genesis is not correctly accurate as you are given in the bible as of today. Also, some key details are missing. As it stands now, I see why you have drawn this conclusion, based strictly on what is written.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I can't tell if this is a sexist thread, or anti-sexist. Since confrontation isn't my pursuit here, I'll go with anti-sexist.

How about we stop pretending we're supposed to rule one another and actually GET ALONG? IS THAT SO HARD?!?!?

Men have a penis. Women have vaginas. Neither can reproduce without the other. Neither is more important. Whatever one can do, the other can do as well. Except for birth, but let's forget about all that. Just because we feel crappy about what we can't do, doesn't mean we look down on others for what we CAN do. Let's help those who can't do what we can, and ask those who can do what we can't.

If we're always pitting ourselves against each other for self-gratification, how are we supposed to get anywhere? We may be different sexes, but we're all the same on the inside. And isn't the stuff on the inside what matters most? We can have sex changes, but we can't perform surgery on the soul. That's called murder.

Let's get along and love each other for how can we help one another, instead of hating for how we're different, eh? I'm beginning to think that when Adam and Eve were supposedly expelled from the garden, that was "God" giving them to foster care. Looking around, I can sorta see why.

Sex doesn't matter. Love does.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
First, you use the book of Genesis to say that men are cursed to "rule" over women, and they are "God's afterthought".....Then you say that it sucks that men are stuck with such a burden, and so all men should take the yoke of ruling over women and forget all of it.

This thread makes zero sense....Not only because you fail to take other bibilical issues into account, which disprove your "curse" theory, but also because you use Genesis as the basis of your idea, and then say it's time to throw it out.

If you're a real Christian, you would not consider not obeying what you interpret as the word of God.

Therefore, the only thing I can think of is that you're a troll who's looking to piss women off. Since I am female, and see a million holes in your OP, I'm gonna let you slide. God didn't give me this brain to not use it, buddy, but in your case, I fail to see where it would do any good to correct you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Fathers speech recorded in Genesis is not correctly accurate as you are given in the bible as of today. Also, some key details are missing. As it stands now, I see why you have drawn this conclusion, based strictly on what is written.

That's the problem though, isn't it? That's all we are supposedly left to go on.

Anything else would be just adding to or taking away from it, and that's not a correct way to do things, since we may as well rewrite the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

That's the problem though, isn't it? That's all we are supposedly left to go on.

Anything else would be just adding to or taking away from it, and that's not a correct way to do things, since we may as well rewrite the whole thing.

Correct. From the standpoint of above, and how the events actually played out, there is a difference. But, since this is the only recorded account given to man, this is all that all can go on.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

God gave adam a woman originally, her name was Jesabel, she would not bow to Adam, as she was his equal in God's creation. So God cast her out of the garden, hence the curse still used today of calling a woman a 2 bit jesabel.

Subsequently, God saw that Adam was sad, and put him into a great sleep, removed a rib, and cloned Eve. Who was now bound to Adam, because she was of his flesh, so like your arms and legs, must serve him.

If you believe that sort of nonsense any ways.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18.

Are you sure that God was speaking directly to Adam in Gen. 1 and not in a more general sense giving some marching orders to all the animals that had just been created?

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised.

Well God did ask Adam if he had eaten the forbidden fruit and Adam answered in the affirmative, so Adam, given some Reasoning faculties by God probably figured out why he was being chastised.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality.

Well us Christians also have the option of joining an all male monastery!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Blah, blah, blah. I've noticed that if there isn't something to bitch about someone will always find something somewhere.

I could start with your handle, but why bother?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
are you kidding woman in western society have heaps of power, in fact they run it. Mabey not directly but through a proxy of femine reach they control it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

A...I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

B...God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

C...Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

D...Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

E...As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

f...As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Regards
DL

A...this would be because the individualised soul had no physical vehicle to drive, and reproduce with...

B...an 'impression' of an 'expression of hate on Gods' part...yes...but not Gods' impression?!

C...chastisement without correction is cruelty...yes...as would be chastisement without explanation beforehand - NB...'adam&eve' wanted to 'in...car...nate'...the results were explained (not necessarily appearing in illuminated books!)...the rest is history...

D...the physical body, being a vessel, for the soul...is not composed of 'spirit' stuff...'ruling over women' has to be an unfortunate translation...

E...men & women ARE different...unless you know a 'man' who can give birth! Lol...equality of spirit...yes!

F...a call to arms?

A99

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

Regards
DL

Nobody is stopping you, get on with it and stop sooking.

When a man marries a woman they become one flesh, Mark 10. The woman is to serve the man and the man to serve the woman as Jesus did. The onus is on the man.

Remember the NT is talking to Christians, I am guessing you aint a Christian so whats it to you. I dont tell you how to live your life so why preach at me?
I dont tell you how to live your life
In fact the bible talks about love in 1 Corinthians 13, tells Christians to emulate Jesus by serving others as Christ served

You talk crap, ignorant crap, but still crap. Unless you are talking the law for the Jews and if thats the case you missed that bus as well.

If your understanding is women are Gods afterthought, that reflects more about your intelligence than anything else you said.
edit on 9-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
See what happens when you use an incredibly vague book of stories about stories for the focus of a religion.....

You'd think the all knowing, all powerful God featured in this collection could put together something a little better.....something thats not going to cause such disagreement.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Remember the NT is talking to Christians, I am guessing you aint a Christian so whats it to you.

You talk crap, ignorant crap, but still crap. Unless you are talking the law for the Jews and if thats the case you missed that bus as well.

You're doing it wrong

edit on 9-9-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No suprise there, I am having fun though

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I am always eager to learn.
Give your information please.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I can't tell if this is a sexist thread, or anti-sexist. Since confrontation isn't my pursuit here, I'll go with anti-sexist.

How about we stop pretending we're supposed to rule one another and actually GET ALONG? IS THAT SO HARD?!?!?

Men have a penis. Women have vaginas. Neither can reproduce without the other. Neither is more important. Whatever one can do, the other can do as well. Except for birth, but let's forget about all that. Just because we feel crappy about what we can't do, doesn't mean we look down on others for what we CAN do. Let's help those who can't do what we can, and ask those who can do what we can't.

If we're always pitting ourselves against each other for self-gratification, how are we supposed to get anywhere? We may be different sexes, but we're all the same on the inside. And isn't the stuff on the inside what matters most? We can have sex changes, but we can't perform surgery on the soul. That's called murder.

Let's get along and love each other for how can we help one another, instead of hating for how we're different, eh? I'm beginning to think that when Adam and Eve were supposedly expelled from the garden, that was "God" giving them to foster care. Looking around, I can sorta see why.

Sex doesn't matter. Love does.

No argument my friend and I believe in equality plus.
By this I mean that I believe that men have the better character for leadership but that morality and duty dictates that we should rule for woman's sake, as the womb of life and that it is to men to elevate her above us.

The extreme would be forcing them into the lifeboats. In such a situation, equality will not sufice IMO.
I call it Sanctity and you will as well if you agree with this link.

blog.ted.com...

The minimum we should strive for is full equality and from there, men need to back off in a few ways and recognize our duty to women.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The only duty we have is to love one another. Gender has nothing to do with it. And really, I don't exactly support the term 'duty' in relation to this topic. Duty implies that you are obligated. We should do this out of the kindness of our hearts.

We should love each other because it's the right thing to do, not because we're obligated by some prior contract or whatever.
edit on 10-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
First, you use the book of Genesis to say that men are cursed to "rule" over women, and they are "God's afterthought".....Then you say that it sucks that men are stuck with such a burden, and so all men should take the yoke of ruling over women and forget all of it.

This thread makes zero sense....Not only because you fail to take other bibilical issues into account, which disprove your "curse" theory, but also because you use Genesis as the basis of your idea, and then say it's time to throw it out.

If you're a real Christian, you would not consider not obeying what you interpret as the word of God.

Therefore, the only thing I can think of is that you're a troll who's looking to piss women off. Since I am female, and see a million holes in your OP, I'm gonna let you slide. God didn't give me this brain to not use it, buddy, but in your case, I fail to see where it would do any good to correct you.

First you should know that I am a Gnostic Christian and am usually on the other side of what Christians think from a moral standpoint.

I admit that I let my artistic liberty go on this O P but only after I had my wife read it to insure that the right message was getting out. Seems I went a bit far.

I put a post just above and hope you read it as I clarify my position.
Sorry if I pissed you off but believe that I hold women above me by both desire and duty.

What I try to do is fight what has kept women subjugated to men all of these years. Things as you will see in these links is why I fight.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

God gave adam a woman originally, her name was Jesabel, she would not bow to Adam, as she was his equal in God's creation. So God cast her out of the garden, hence the curse still used today of calling a woman a 2 bit jesabel.

Subsequently, God saw that Adam was sad, and put him into a great sleep, removed a rib, and cloned Eve. Who was now bound to Adam, because she was of his flesh, so like your arms and legs, must serve him.

If you believe that sort of nonsense any ways.

I tend not to read scriptures literally. Not even the Gnostic Christian ones. The label I have taken on. To me, they are myths with a message. Not a reality that I am supposed to kowtow to.

BTW, was first woman not Lilith. The Jews call her by that name and so do some women's movements.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join