It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Government Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am curious as to the perspectives of the ATS members towards a completely state sponsored health care system. Do you think it is more appropriate then having a completely privatized health care system? Do the market forces of capitalism benefit the care of the individual or would everyone be better off with a mandatory government run non-profit healthcare system?

Does anyone believe the current hybrid that exists in the United States can be effectively maintained? Should we move to one extreme or the other over the long run?

My state is the first in the country to begin to move towards a universal state wide health plan. I am watching it carefully. Most of the rest of the country is in the dark about it, but it represents a major movement towards universal government health care: Dirigo Health. Dirigo is the State motto, 'I Lead'. I have some opinions of my own that may suprise, but what do you think?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My first response is that where now we have irritating advertisements blasting on the tv all the time promting us to eat healthy, and warning us about our bad habits, if the healthcare is ever taken over by the gov't we will be have laws passed dictating what we eat, how much we exercise, ect, ect. If you thino of america of the land of the free and feel that our freedom is the most important attribute that our ancestors have left us....well, I have serious doubts about this.

As far as weather or not it could be a more effective way to handle our healthcare, have quite a few doubts there also. We all know that the gov't seems to have no qualms into poking their noses into individuals lives and trying to dictate, but well, they seem to not be so deligent when it comes to the business sector. If they are willing to sit down and go over the expenses and budgets of the healthcare industry....since hey, this industry, even now, is depending on the gov't to keep them afloat...and scritinize them about in the same manner as many women in this country has every cent scrutinized by their husband, well, maybe. Otherwise, they'll be looking at the still increasing cost of healthcare, and looking at you and me for the solution, and well, forcing whatever the "proper diet" of the day is down our throats!

join