It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a Break! He Isn't All That Bad.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey all...

I am writing this in regards to the current political race in the USA. I am writing this from an outsider's perspective on your situation and the candidates in general, so please hear me out.

Many people here would prefer Ron Paul to be President (as do i). Unfortunately however, our wishes have not been fulfilled, and everything seems to be all but lost. Romney or Obama? This seems to be the question of the day...

People rag on Obama for driving the USA into the ground, but the truth is, it was already heading there. Your crash was inevitable...it was unfortunate that Obama had to bear the brunt. Many people here criticise Obama on aspects such as the work force and homeless/work-less rate. Tell me, could you do better? All of you are sitting there looking at Obama, criticising him for every thing he has done, yet you yourself have no idea how hard it would be to change things in a country that was already crashing.

I have another point to raise. Many of you are very unhappy regarding the bills Obama has signed into law. Things like the NDAA, limiting the freedom of the people. I have one thing to say. Take it on the chin and move on. Australia has had similar laws for a decade, nothing bad has happened, it isn't the end of the world. I think a lot of you are over acting...

Moving on to Obama's latest speech. I believe it was great, he captured the emotions of the people and raised interesting topics. He knows how to get a crowd moving.

I agree with Obama and the points he has raised. I know a lot of you would be rolling your eyes at this, but if you actually looked at Obama, his expressions, his body language...he believed in what he was saying. I could actually see a glimmer of hope in his eyes...his eyes reflected in the lights, he was pretty emotional.

With this, i ask of you. Would you really want a warmongering psychopath who is Romney over Obama? If Romney wins, i have no doubt that we'd go to war, i have no doubt that your country will get driven further underground. Romney is not the USA's messiah. He is not the only way out.

I believe that the USA should vote for Obama. Put up with him just one more time, the world will be better off.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree completely. But people are only going to believe what they want to believe.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I believe that the USA should vote for Obama. Put up with him just one more time, the world will be better off.

This is a joke, right?

You must not have been watching too closely because Obama is following bush-the-hun-junior's playbook as described by General Wesley Clark. He's overthrowing governments, mass murdering civilians and stealing resources. That alone should tell you that obama is a sock puppet. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just like Romney will be.

Sheesh ... I think I'll go puke now.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

My complaint with Obama is not that he's all that bad (given most of our usual final options, he's more or less par for the course), it's that he's not all that GOOD. Mediocre at best is not acceptable in my opinion.

When a president welches on campaign promises to let states handle things for themselves (as regards certain substances and states' handling of them, in addition to many other things), and instead allows or actively advises the DOJ to intrude on states' rights, I have a problem.

When a president continues to approve and sign into law ridiculous budgets, atrocious legislation, and transgressions of the rights and liberties of the american people from Congress (extensions of the PATRIOT Act, NDAA, unbalanced and warmongering budgets continuing to fund the Pentagon beyond the rest of the world combined, and so forth) instead of properly vetoing them and telling Congress to get their act together and actually represent the american people and honor the Constitution as they swore an oath to do, instead of driving them into fiscal and other insanities, I have a problem.

When a president and his administration act in the most secretive of fashions as compared to their promises to have the most transparent of rules, I have a problem.

When a president and his administration tacitly pardon and approve the terrible acts and affronts of prior authoritarians instead of pursuing them for their offenses, I have a problem.

I will by no means say Romney is any better. I expect nothing more of him, should he get into office. My point is merely that we are YET ONCE AGAIN down to the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich, neither of which understands the proper role or limitations of their office, nor how to properly serve the people of this once great nation and pull it back from the brink it now finds itself teetering upon.

Take care.
edit on 9/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Romney will repeal ACA!

edit on 7-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
But don't you see what is going on? Look what Americans have to "choose" from.

I don't give my vote based on pretty speeches and as of this election, I will never again pick the least crappy one. Where are the good ones? The really, really good ones? I believe RP was a true good guy but he's gone, whether he just didn't have enough support or because things are rigged (which is what I believe, personally) he's not an option. So what are we left with? We're left with Bad Guy A and Bad Guy B shoved in front of us daily.

Your post is pretty darn sad. Come on, vote for Obama..he's not as bad as Romney is what it has come down to? Yeah, that's exactly where we're at.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

This is a joke, right?

No, it is not a joke!

You must not have been watching too closely because Obama is following bush-the-hun-junior's playbook as described by General Wesley Clark. He's overthrowing governments, mass murdering civilians and stealing resources. That alone should tell you that obama is a sock puppet. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just like Romney will be.

Both may be puppets, but Romney was a businessman, one with links to many companies, and one who is wealthy beyond imagination. Yes, Obama has conducted the things you have stated, but seriously, Romney won't be any better. Hell, Obama has stood up against Israel. I'll tell you, if Romney was leading the USA right now, we would already be at war...

Sheesh ... I think I'll go puke now.

Go ahead, no one is stopping you

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'll take Romney thankyou.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The day they give ron paul a break is when I will give obama a break. Obama is president and you want us to give him a break? Thats like having sympathy for Romney because he's rich. If Obama's feelings are hurt he has hundreds of yes men to suck up to him, why must we do it for free?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
But don't you see what is going on? Look what Americans have to "choose" from.

I don't give my vote based on pretty speeches and as of this election, I will never again pick the least crappy one. Where are the good ones? The really, really good ones? I believe RP was a true good guy but he's gone, whether he just didn't have enough support or because things are rigged (which is what I believe, personally) he's not an option. So what are we left with? We're left with Bad Guy A and Bad Guy B shoved in front of us daily.

Your post is pretty darn sad. Come on, vote for Obama..he's not as bad as Romney is what it has come down to? Yeah, that's exactly where we're at.

I understand my friend, i understand.

Unfortunately it is the blunt truth. The USA has to vote between two unfavourable people (both who have, and will do crazy things), the same of which Australia is forced to vote for one of two British born leaders...it isn't fair, but it is life.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The day they give ron paul a break is when I will give obama a break. Obama is president and you want us to give him a break? Thats like having sympathy for Romney because he's rich. If Obama's feelings are hurt he has hundreds of yes men to suck up to him, why must we do it for free?

Do you understand the stresses of running a country? Do you understand the difficulty of trying to slow down the inevitable crash of a country? Obama has tried, but again, he was sworn in at the wrong time. The USA would still have fallen under RP.

Also, it isn't Obama's fault that RP is out, you can blame Romney and the rest of the crew...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Please, stop the blaming.

Do you understand the stresses of running a country? Do you understand the difficulty of trying to slow down the inevitable crash of a country? Obama has tried, but again, he was sworn in at the wrong time. The USA would still have fallen under RP.

Also, it isn't Obama's fault that RP is out, you can blame Romney and the rest of the crew...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Please, stop the blaming.

Who am i blaming? there is enough evidence out there of election rigging and RP being shafted, but that is for another thread. let's not get off topic...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have the same beef with any mainstream candidate, they are all meat-puppets. It matters not whether its name is Obama or Romney (or Harper in Canada, or any politican anywhere), its goals are determined by lobbyists and campaign contributors from other countries, corporations and of course the international banksters. There is no room for what is right, only who will pay.

If Obama or any politician had actual power and wanted to fix the US, they would have dissolved the fed, stopped all wars and concentrated on building the US rather than taking it apart. If these things would have been done, the US would be a far better place, much stronger economically and people would have hope. You can't make a country stronger by removing jobs through the removal of the manufacturing base, you just make someone else's country stronger and in relative terms, the US weaker.

Therefore, it is Obama's fault just like every politician before him, he could have fixed the US or at least put it on the road to real recovery rather than kicking the can down the road, excallating debt and pushing the US towards imminent failure.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I have another point to raise. Many of you are very unhappy regarding the bills Obama has signed into law. Things like the NDAA, limiting the freedom of the people. I have one thing to say. Take it on the chin and move on. Australia has had similar laws for a decade, nothing bad has happened, it isn't the end of the world. I think a lot of you are over acting...

While it is very inspiring to see that our Australian brothers have laid down their guns and passively accepted the oppressive laws of their land, just like a herd of sheep, I refuse to give up my inalienable rights for any reason, especially something so silly as: "We did it, and nothing bad has happened! So should you!"

That would be known, in psychology, as the "Normalcy Bias."

Thank you for your opinion on American issues, but you couldn't be further off base.

Peace.
edit on 7-9-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: Removed OP's video.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
While it is very inspiring to see that our Australian brothers have laid down their guns and passively accepted the oppressive laws of their land, just like a herd of sheep, I refuse to give up my inalienable rights for any reason, especially something so silly as: "We did it, and nothing bad has happened! So should you!"

It was forced upon us, much like your NDAA...we had no choice. Going by your logic, the people of Australia and the USA are sheep, we both accepted similar laws...you's gave up your rights, as did we.

Thank you for your opinion on American issues, but you couldn't be further off base.

Peace.

Thank you for your response

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I feel like a broken record saying the same thing over and over again in the past few weeks, but WHY do people think we only have two choices?? Especially since nobody is really thrilled about either choice??

We have many choices, some very good ones, who are not being bankrolled by The Powers That Be, which is why the majority of Americans haven't heard of them.

To bow down and accept the fact that one must vote for the "lesser of two evils" is just stupid, completely backwards, and downright shameful.

To say, "Well, Obama is not that bad", when he has gone along with the military / industrial complex agenda, is like saying "Serial Killer A isn't nearly as bad as Serial Killer B....Hell, Serial Killer A hasn't killed as many people, and he sure knows how to make a speech to move the crowd!"

I voted for Obama in 2008, and I will not be fooled again. Since 2008, I have had the opportunity to research and learn how America really works, and how corrupt it really is. Any president will be nothing more than a puppet who's every move is orchestrated by the shadow government behind the curtain.

In a nutshell, I'm not voting. That is my choice. I choose not to participate in a lie, because I honestly believe these elections are rigged, corrupt, and our voices no longer matter. I can't wait for this lie to be over with, I'm sick of hearing about it.

What I have learned over these past 4 years is that we are supposedly "forced" between two dreadful choices, both of which have the blessings of the shadow government. Therefore, one cannot expect change or improvement, just more of the same crap. If Americans would just wake up and realize that we don't have to pick either creep.....But as long as people are mainlining mainstream news on TV and the internet, they will be doped, deluded, and we're doomed to continue to go down the toilet.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is just the old "lesser of two evils" theory.
If this theory worked, we'd have less evil with every President, but unfortunately when your choices every 4 years are Satan and Lucifer, there is no greater or lesser - just evil.

The corruption of the establishment is so far gone that people are getting used to settling for the "better choice" rather than the right person for the job. This is subversion in action.

Romney's job is to maintain the illusion that there is actually a competitive race happening.
Obama's job is to be the untouchable black president, damage the free market system and move the country towards more government control.

edit on 7-9-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
obama had 2 years with a super majority in congress.

they could have done anything.

all they did do, was to make things worse.

stealing trillions from the american people.

destroying the middle class, putting more people than ever in poverty.

obama is a tyrant, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

OK talk to me when my friends stop loosening there jobs after 30 tears , the real number for unimplemented
in my state is %20 .
Anybody like me over 55 good luck getting a job!

DUDE get your facts straight where people have NO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join