It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Spots Strange Lights over Campbell River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This is another very interesting video which has eerie similarities to the Pheonix Lights case. I highly doubt that these are planes, balloons, birds, satellites or flares. The most catchy thing about this video is how all the lights go out simultaneously which is impressive. I hope that this creates some good debate and interesting discussion. It will be good if someone can provide an explanation of what we are seeing here if these objects are man made per se.
edit on 6-9-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is this a joke?

The "3 lights" visible in that video look very suspiciously like the arm of the Big Dipper....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

1. Below/in front of the clouds.
2. Moved slowly.
3. All moving in same direction (pushed by wind).
4. Red-ish in color.
5. No other definition other than "lights in the sky".
6. No UFO-like acrobatics
7. Comments suspiciously disabled on video source

Likelihood: Chinese lanterns.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Although the video makes it very difficult to ascertain anything, the testimony of the woman made me think of the threads here on ATS about the remote controlled Quad-rotor swarms in flying formation?

1. Fixed red lights
2. Below cloud line.
3. Formation flying
4. Lights go out simultaneously.

Unidentified - but terrestrial technology, imo
edit on 6-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

1. Below/in front of the clouds.
2. Moved slowly.
3. All moving in same direction (pushed by wind).
4. Red-ish in color.
5. No other definition other than "lights in the sky".
6. No UFO-like acrobatics
7. Comments suspiciously disabled on video source

Likelihood: Chinese lanterns.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

That is my thought exactly. There have actually been a lot of similar sightings in southern BC lately, and they all sound like they might be Chinese fire lanterns. I haven't personally witnessed any, but I notice in all the reports, no one says, "they weren't Chinese lanterns", implying that a lot of people are still not familiar with them. They know the lights are not from aircraft or satellites so it mystifies them.

That said, we did have contact from one witness who reported something similar about a month ago, and she seemed quite certain she wasn't looking at a Chinese lantern.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hi, informed UFO fans !

Lanterns, yes !

And you can add the **numerous** NOSS satellites reported
as triangle UFO ! ! ! B-(((

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Interesting & very close to home.

Do Chinese lanterns use flame to float? this could cause a major fire around the area as its been dry for a while.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
For Chinese lanterns, they look similar and witnesses can make mistakes about the specific data.

Against Chinese Lanterns

Witness claimed they moved a the speed of an aircraft, lanterns can't, without quite obviously setting fire to the actual whole structure and being blown around showing obvious flickering effects.

If the wind was anything like that when the witness was filmed a Chinese Lantern, wouldn't make it more than a few feet before being burned to a cinder as witnessed when the Real or Fake crew tried the very same thing.

Not beyond feasibility however, very unlikely all 5 would burn out at exactly the same moment.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
For Chinese lanterns, they look similar and witnesses can make mistakes about the specific data.

Against Chinese Lanterns

Witness claimed they moved a the speed of an aircraft, lanterns can't, without quite obviously setting fire to the actual whole structure and being blown around showing obvious flickering effects.

If the wind was anything like that when the witness was filmed a Chinese Lantern, wouldn't make it more than a few feet before being burned to a cinder as witnessed when the Real or Fake crew tried the very same thing.

Not beyond feasibility however, very unlikely all 5 would burn out at exactly the same moment.

The perceived speed is obviously very dependent on perceived distance - which is very difficult to estimate at night. If the witness thought the objects were actually much further away than they were in reality, that would account for the perception that they were flying as fast as a prop plane.

I noted she said that they all disappeared the same time, but maybe she was commenting on the fact that they didn't disappear by fading out into the distance. If they all did in fact disappear at exactly the same time, that would certainly be unlike Chinese lantern behavior.

There were a couple of reports of orange spheres from White Rock (Sept. 2nd, which is I think the same night as the Campbell River lights) One anomaly is that they seemed to come from the direction of the ocean, which doesn't seem likely unless someone launched lanterns from a boat.

I should mention that Campbell River is 210 km (130 mi) northwest of White Rock. Odd that both of these incidents happened the same night. There was another sighting of orange lights in White Rock on Aug. 26th.

edit on 7-9-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Is this a joke?

The "3 lights" visible in that video look very suspiciously like the arm of the Big Dipper....

I watched a red light fly straight up the inside water across from Campbell river one night while parked on a hill practising my tunes in my van....
The back door was open and i has taping the music with the video machine...
This thing flew in a straight shot from south to north and suddenly reversed its course so fast it was indistinguishable ....and flew straight arrow reverse course till it dissapeared over the water near bellingham wash.
i was sitting in Powel River above the pulp mill on the heliport.....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Originally posted by HIWATT
Is this a joke?

I watched a red light fly straight up the inside water across from Campbell river one night while parked on a hill practising my tunes in my van....
The back door was open and i has taping the music with the video machine...
This thing flew in a straight shot from south to north and suddenly reversed its course so fast it was indistinguishable ....and flew straight arrow reverse course till it dissapeared over the water near bellingham wash.
i was sitting in Powel River above the pulp mill on the heliport.....

If you're a fellow British Columbian then maybe it had something to do with our most famous and distinguished "Provincial Plant"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Against Chinese Lanterns

Well lets just say I take with a pinch of salt what she says, NOTHING on that video gives an indication of size or distance so how does she work out the speed, all the youtube ufo watchers and some members on here must have a special power that lets them do that!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Never trust a woman without lenses in her glasses

new topics

top topics

join