It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

controversial: DNC platform voice vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Open for dems discussion( discuss amongst yourselves;" I'm all Verklempt"): After all the scathing verbal attacks directed to conservatives over the RNC/RonPaul Delegates fiasco.

I expect the same finger wagging here:.

Charlotte, North Carolina(CNN) – In a rare display of just how quickly a tightly scripted national political convention can unwind, Democrats on Wednesday struggled to complete a voice vote amending their party platform to include language referring to Jerusalem and God.

It took three attempts from Democratic National Convention Chairman Antonio Villaraigosa before the platform was amended, and a loud chorus of delegates yelling "no" met each attempt to pass the changes by voice vote.

Observers were dubious - at best - as to whether the affirmative votes outweighed those in the negative, much less reached the two-thirds vote required. Regardless, the chairman ruled in favor of the amendments.

No political party holds the "high ground" in this process. (that's all).
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 6-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: Mod Edit--Using Content From Other Sites

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here's the video:

The disappointment on the Arab democrat couple's faces say it all.

There goes their belief in the system.

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Politics is an UGLY game... Cheating is fully accepted and encouraged. And the Dems aren't alone in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

On this we completely agree.

Shameful how fast and loose adherence to the rule of law...or any agreed upon rules for that matter...has become.

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It was a faux vote. For show only. Here's the real behind the scenes predetermined decision to put God and Jerusalem back into the Dem platform. VOTES. Fear of loss of votes....

Did you see last night, Where Hannity had a clear photo of the teleprompter from the God-in-God-out, vote that took place at the convention. It shows that the wording and vote decision was premeditated. Here's the link to photo Hannity showed on his program last night. (credit to member flyersfan)

Photo proves DNC 'vote' was predetermined

Take a look at what Hannity found ... that vote that was taken to put God and Jerusalem back in the platform was predetermined. It was obvious to us all who were watching that the 'NO' votes were much louder, and yet the speaker said he determined the 'YES" votes to be at least 2/3 of the votes. BS!! The teleprompter shows it all ... all to be predetermined.

The vote was a lie. Yet another lie put out by the convention.

*see link for photo and story*
www.therightscoop.com...

Des

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Their response to this issue is even more remarkable:

So essentially we are told that Obama hadn't even read the 'official' published platform of his party.

Think about that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Their response to this issue is even more remarkable:

So essentially we are told that Obama hadn't even read the 'official' published platform of his party.

Think about that.

He also didn't read the Obamacare.

....aaaaaannnd the Romans puppeteer the people again.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

To quote an oft used ATS phrase, "Bread and circuses"!

Personally, "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" has more realism, honesty, integrity and validity than the DNC.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Someone should use both the RNC and DNC footage to show people what most of us on ATS already know, both political parties are the same. I can't wait until the day people finally get sick of this kind of BS and force some real change.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

That seems so obvious to me, but the looks in people's faces when I assert as much reveals we are truly a minority on this perspective.

No hope for real change any time soon, imo.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Politics is an UGLY game... Cheating is fully accepted and encouraged. And the Dems aren't alone in it.

I Agree and I didn't say they were; Where are howls of: "DEMOCRACY REPUBLICAN (DEMOCRAT) STYLE!!!!"

I am also trying to stay out of the back and forth as"our" circus wasn't much better;
I'm just tired of being constantly attacked by people who claim they OWN the "high ground"!

top topics

join