It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most satisfying soundtrack to come from a video game in years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm an incredibly huge fan of Japanese role playing games, and one of the defining features of any good game is the musical effect of the experience. Some of my favorite soundtracks of the past include Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, The original Ninja Gaiden for the NES, and of course the fantastic tunes of the Final Fantasy series. But I think I may have found one of the best soundtracks to come from a video game in the past decade. That game is Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. No other game's music has emotionally affected me as this one has. It is truly amazing. Examples follow...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Halo series has always had awesome music.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Listening to the Skyrim OST right now; it's beautiful.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I was going to say. The Fallout series and the Elder Scroll series have had very well written soundtracks.

And even though I'm not a massive Call Of Duty fan myself, their recent sountracks are pretty amazing.

I distinctly remember the soundtrack to the first Medal Of Honour game for PS2 when you're fighting in D Day, the music behind that was surprisingly inspiring.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The last remnant has a great soundtrack as well. It shouldn't surprise as it was developed by Square Enix. Lost Odyssey had a good soundtrack as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most of the older Final Fantasy game had really good soundtracks, even if they were written as .midi files, and of corse you can't forget the new ones either.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
boot2theface
I don't play video games but i must say the music you posted was very beautiful thank you

join