It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delegates at convention boo, hiss, jeer...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by antonia

Hahahaha

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

That's certifiable right there. Somebody slap a straight jacket on that man.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by antonia

Hahahaha

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

That's certifiable right there. Somebody slap a straight jacket on that man.

Ah but who is worse? The crazy guy in office or the people who actually elected him?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by antonia

Codependent.

The politician uses the morons to gain office which in turn justifies the morons beliefs which reflects back onto the politician who grows further insane on the praises of the morons which emboldens the morons to be even crazier....

A vicious cycle.

Every drunk needs an enabler. They're happy together. Just sucks for the pedestrian who gets run over by the drunk.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'd say that's a good analysis. It is rather frightening to think this schizophrenia-style belief is driving foreign policy. I personally think we need to get out noses out of that mess.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

FYI: Obama doesn't establish the platform for the DNC any more than Romney does for the RNC.

I think the only mistake was amending it...our country was founded on separation of Church and State and why should Israel or any foreign country have any bearing on our national politics whatsoever?

That last part is the real story for a conspiracy site.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen...

Wether you like it or not, the bulk of Americans still have some degree of faith in God, the Bible, and "traditional American values"..

Mr Obama created some dissention in the African American community and especially the church community when he came down on the side of homosexual marriage. Deleting God and Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel only pushes them further away to either vote for Romney... or more likely to not vote at all.

I can assure you that Mr Obama saw the turn out at the Chick-Fil-ets... as did the advisors. Every chicken sandwich is also a vote...

Further, a large... very large minority of Americans are not sure of mr Obama's faith... Christian or Muslim. To delete God from the platform only reinforces the notion... to ignore Jerusalem and Israel plays to the Muslims and ostracizes the US Jewish vote... and money... and donations.

To play out the platform and ammendment on national TV before live audiences and media was nothing short of politically stupid. It gives Romey/ Ryan and the Republicans a lot of ammo on many fronts... reinvigorates the conservatives, evangelicals, more middle of the road Democrats like myself, plays well in the small towns... middle America... and I can assure you it will be talked about on Sunday between Sunday School... worship service.. and the Sunday dinner...

Booing God... the Democrats booed God.... true or not... that is what it will be reduced to.

This should have been settled long before national TV...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Well said, and presented, Alreadygone. You are correct. No matter the political reasons, it will be remembered as, God was booed, on the Democratic Convention floor. Talk about getting caught with your pants down....

Des

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wish they would have not have bothered. I don't like religion getting in the way of policy anyway. I'd rather see the party just quietly do the right thing and let the Republicans talk about doing the right thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The Zionist vote has been with the GOP for some time now. The issue of Jerusalem being the Capitol of Israel is a Zionist issue, not all Jewish people are Zionists. Many Jewish people are against having a State at all and many more believe in leaving Jerusalem Stateless, free for all peoples who regard Jerusalem as sacred and holy. The capitol issue has flip flopped between between PM's since the State of Israel came into existence.

I'm not surprised at Obama's insistence because he plays for the Right while pandering to the Left. I applaud those boo's and hisses because it is not a settled issue even among Israeli's and certainly Palestine and other Arab States should have a say.

Americans, since we're ridiculously tied to Israel should be aware that there are more positions and philosophies among Jews, than Zionism.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Every chicken sandwich is also a vote...

Most hilarious quote on the election so far. I can't believe I just read that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

and before anyone says "the separation of church and state."

the phrase "the separation of church and state" does not exist anywhere in the constitution.

You're right it doesn't--Tomm J said that and not Jimmy M, but it does say that we are free from a state mandated or test of religion. You know that entire establishment & free exercise clause.

We are as much free from religion as free to practice any religion.

Having seen/lived through the atrocities that people do in the name of a myth our forefathers were smart enough to make sure that no crack pot myths about jew zombies, talking heads of lettuce, gold crowned dolphins riding purple elks or any other laughable cult ideas ever are foisted upon us.

Derek

top topics

<< 1   >>

join