It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I joined this site six years ago now, lurked for a couple before that as well. I came here initially because of the moon hoax conspiracy. When I first found out about it, I was amazed that all the footage I saw was faked or could've been. So I looked further into it, and became a believer. I was convinced that the USA didn't land on the moon, and all the evidence for them not going was to me, conclusive. And that was years ago....

As I said, six years ago when I joined ATS, and read all the threads that were for and against, and read all the links that was supposedly proving we went to the moon. Tried to to read all the scientific data on the technology (not always understanding it) that went into the apollo program.

It now slowly dawned on me, no, it now baffles me, it baffles me how they could have invented the whole thing. It baffles me to even try and comprehend the logistics that would have to have been invented for each mission. It baffles me most that they could have faked something forty years ago, and still to this day it holds it's head above water.

I believe now the USA landed on the moon. Every hoax angle has, for me been answered, well and truly answered.
All I see now is hoax believers not knowing enough about certain aspects of it all. I see clever editing, unscrupulous people out to make money with supposed evidence of hoaxes from blurry pictures, and bad quality videos and bad science. In my opinion, these and many other factors are the reasons that the myth continues.

No doubt no ones that bothered about this thread, not sure if its in the right place, and I certainly don't expect many if any replies. And to be honest I don't want any evidence presented to me because ive seen it all. I just thought I'd share my views. Which are just that. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. Also to me, it shows what a great site ATS is. We come here for conspiracies, but sometimes, we also get given the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Would you mind showing the best piece of evidence that convinced you that we did go?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I was thinking that maybe they hoaxed only the first landing in order to be the "first'.
Followed up by a real landing. I don't know if they could have gotten another rocket off without notice from somewhere or not. That would explain pretty much all of the oddities I think.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The moon itself doesn't exist.

It's a hoax itself.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Its hard to pinpoint a specific thing binkbonk. It's pretty much that every hoax has debunked, they really really have.

The radiation problem. It's one of the trump cards for hoax believers but It was proved with some heavy scientific data from then and now that its safe enough to travel in. You just have to go with it.

All the oddities from all the footage, from the take off, to the landing in the water on earth, have been in my opinion, answered and shown to be not oddities at all. Just a simple case of strange angles and as I said earlier, bad footage and bad science.

I have to stress though, that this is all just my opinion.
edit on Wednesday20122012-09-05T15:25:59-05:00pm302520129 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I forget the name of it but the fuel used should have produced a large purple cloud when they landed, and should have left a huge area stained purple. Even the guys who designed the engines want to know why the purple stain and the purple cloud are missing.

As somebody above mentioned, I dont think they hoaxed all the missions but some of the footage and lack of purple stain etc does suggest not all of them were real.

By the way, I knew exactly where you were going with your post after reading just the first line.

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU?????

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
kudos to you for having an open mind, considering the opposing arguments, and weighing evidence.

I actually learn lots of things from the moon threads, from the laser ranging project to basic astronomy

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Again....
Why would you go out and hire all those people to support those moon missions.
Hire engineers, technicians, scientists etc.
Go through the motions of testing all the equipment, training thousands of people to do a job.

If it's all a hoax.

And not only that but what about the families of those people that were hired who lived through all of that.
It's alot of bs to go through for something that's a hoax.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I forget the name of it but the fuel used should have produced a large purple cloud when they landed, and should have left a huge area stained purple. Even the guys who designed the engines want to know why the purple stain and the purple cloud are missing.

Maybe the aliens that were there (that didn't want us to come back) have good cleaning products...

Best I can tell from all the reading I've done, we went to the moon, there was already somebody there, and Stanley Kubrick was hired to make some real pretty pictures in case the main video and photographs didn't turn out well, and also for the Look and LIFE magazine articles. Even as a little kid, I thought those newsmagazine photos were way too professionally done. If you can get your hands on some from the original magazines, take a look. Stunning Perfection. Not to mention that the number of photographs taken far exceeds the time they were on the moon to take them, considering they had other things to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The purpose of television is to produce believable fiction, they're experts at it.

How do we know if even half of the people supposedly involved even exist?
edit on 5-9-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Totally agree with you !!

But.........once again this topic of 'thread' will turn into silly arguments by people who think they know, but have not looked at the physical, scientific and various other forms of evidence, which in MY opinion proves we did !!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear you've come to a sane and reasonable conclusion.

Why would anybody in their right mind believe they didn't? I was alive then. We all saw it on TV. They brought back plenty of material from the moon which was shared with scientists all over the world. The space race gave us vast knowledge in all kinds of areas. Even our enemies did not try to deny the truth of it.

There is absolutely no reason to think that the 6 moon landings, that were among the best documented events in history, were faked. Hours of footage, thousands of pictures, and millions of eye witnesses.

Historical facts aren't "arguments", they are facts. While a topic of debate or opinion may have "good and bad points", historical facts don't. The historical fact is a total of 12 humans have walked on the moon between 1969 and 1972. Conspiracy theorists and people that weren't around at the time can debate and argue all they like - that doesn't change the facts at all. Its no different than arguing whether Cleopatra was murdered or committed suicide - that doesn't change the fact that she existed.
edit on 5-9-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Again....
Why would you go out and hire all those people to support those moon missions.
Hire engineers, technicians, scientists etc.
Go through the motions of testing all the equipment, training thousands of people to do a job.

If it's all a hoax.

And not only that but what about the families of those people that were hired who lived through all of that.
It's alot of bs to go through for something that's a hoax.

I don't think you read my OP properly
I agree with you...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by grey580

The purpose of television is to produce believable fiction, they're experts at it.

How do we know if even half of the people supposedly involved even exist?
edit on 5-9-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Of course it could be faked. But why spend the billions?
The launch of the rockets wasn't faked.
Plenty of witnesses for the launch.

FOIA requests and IRS records.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

As somebody above mentioned, I dont think they hoaxed all the missions but some of the footage and lack of purple stain etc does suggest not all of them were real.

By the way, I knew exactly where you were going with your post after reading just the first line.

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU?????

So out of curiosity, you don't remember the name of the fuel and cant be bothered to look it up but you know it should have left a purple stain and are basing at least part of your belief that the moon landings were hoaxed on this knowledge?

Try this...

Aerozine 50

which is 50% Hydrazine

Hydrazine (also called diazane) is an inorganic compound with the formula N2H4.It is a colourless flammable liquidwith an ammonia-like odor.

and 50% Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine

Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) (1,1-Dimethylhydrazine) is a chemical compound with the formula H2NN(CH3)2. It is a colourless liquid, with a sharp, fishy, ammoniacal smell typical for organic amines.

Aerozine 50 was combined with Nitrogen Tetroxide as an oxidizer. interestingly...

The liquid is also colorless but can appear as a brownish yellow liquid due to the presence of NO2

Care to connect the dots and point out where the missing purple stain on the lunar regolith comes in?

Kudos to the OP for putting the grey matter to use.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

yep.
I was just expounding on your op.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Afcourse we went to the Moon.....this silly childish conspiracy has one motive only ---- >money ...some doushebags make profits ftom books ,lectures ...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've seen enough evidence to conclude that we didn't go, at least not with the equipment and technology available at the time. Since this is a conspiracy site let's throw another spin on this. Perhaps they did go, but maybe they had help via alien technology which, of course, they wouldn't be able to disclose to the world. They would have to make it seem as though they were able to achieve this monumental feat with their own designs and technology.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
9-11? A conspiracy I believe.

JFK? A conspiracy I believe.

But the moon? Cmon....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The moon itself doesn't exist.

It's a hoax itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>