It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran must steer clear of US interests in Gulf'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Israel is mad of war ! but USA will never attack a country that it's people are ready to defend, regardless of their ideas !

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

Star because this is the absolute truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If anyone had any doubt that Obama is pro-Islam, anti-Israel, and a full-fledged coward, this should prove it. Obama is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Why not just get down on his knees and BEG Iran not to "hurt us"? It sure shows our "allies" (IF THERE ARE ANY LEFT) that they can't count on us. Israel, whether you like them or not, is being threatened with annihilation, and cock-a-doodle doo Obama sticks his head you know where. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
US is obviously scared of Iran - Iran can easily bomb US bases in Afghanistan and the embassy in Iraq killing thousands of Americans. They don't want to take a chance. And Israel won't do anything without US help so I guess the war is off...

NO...let me correct that statement,Obama is the king of appeasement and very good at this head in the sand dance he has been doing for years now

all in the name of peace ,"I think" I just hope it hasn't made the "good" people of this country look like push overs and certain country's don't try and make trouble

edit on 3-9-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Our navy is there to insure the straight of hormuz stays open and not closed, Iran has threaten to close it off and take hostage of a third of the worlds oil markets, thats why our navy is there...I think its overkill, those Iranian speedboats certainly are prideful...
But than again some of you would rather want iran to close that straight huh? ugggh smh the gall of some people...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I personally think this a diversion tactic, maybe I'm wrong but just like Norman Schwarzkopf in Desert Storm when he had all those exercises in preparation of a huge beach invasion. Which would make Iraq think that the main assault will be coming from the beach so all the Iraqi troops were preparing for that which in essence threw the Iraqis off guard when the 'real' assault happened.

Maybe, just maybe the United States wants Iran to think they will not attack to ease the way for the American assault. Just some food for thought

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

No diversion needed in 2012. F22s will eat up and spit the bones out of the Iranian Air Force and missile silos in few hours. US can do this anytime it wants. US will do it anytime after the elections.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Laxpla

No diversion needed in 2012. F22s will eat up and spit the bones out of the Iranian Air Force and missile silos in few hours. US can do this anytime it wants. US will do it anytime after the elections.

David and Goliath
Independence day
Rambo
Rocky
Battleship

What do all these movies have in common?
The little guy finds a way to beat the big guy.

As powerful as the US military complex is, Hubris can also be its biggest downfall, the US military has had no real opposition in the last 50 years, Iraq was a cake walk due to years of sanctions and years of war prior to sanctions.
But feel free to believe that Iran would be over in a few hours, I mean, a bunch of nomads have kept the US in Afghanistan for 10 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Ummm as with alot of other countries who had their hand at it, plus don't think we have'nt learned a thing from it. 10 years of asymetric warfare, we learned a thing or two and have added that technological and biological distinctness to our own, resistence in this particular situation with iran, is after all, futile.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The US has got so many and can claim so many 'interests' in the world that its near impossible to go anywhere or do anything without the US being present, Coke, Ipod, PC, Aspartame the list is practically ***king endless, so give it time before the US start to claim that Syria and Iran are affecting Pepsi sales and have to be regime changed after all its the corporations that press for war and not the people right?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
While researching for a reply to another thread about this issue (in the Middle East forum) I came across an important news article:

U.S. denies Israeli newspaper report of secret Iran contacts

TOLEDO, Ohio (Reuters) - The White House on Monday denied an Israeli newspaper report that accused Washington of secretly negotiating with Tehran to keep the United States out of a future Israel-Iran war.

The Jewish state also played down the front-page report in its biggest-selling daily, Yedioth Ahronoth, which followed unusually public disagreement between the allies about how to tackle Iran's controversial nuclear program.

"It's incorrect, completely incorrect," White House spokesman Jay Carney told Reuters while accompanying President Barack Obama on a campaign trip in Ohio. "The report is false and we don't talk about hypotheticals."

Like I stated in the other thread, this raises the possibility of the rumor being spread on purpose, so that the U.S. government could officially respond to the Iran statements about attacking U.S. bases in retaliatory action because of a possible Israel attack.

This part has special relevance:

"There would be no need to make such a promise to the Iranians because they realize the last thing they need is to attack U.S. targets and draw massive U.S. bombing raids."

Now you have a Senior Official from the U.S. government clearly stating that Iran would be severely attacked if any U.S. bases would be hit in retaliation.

Sounds like a response, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

US need not step a foot on the Iranian soil. They just need to take out Iran's nuclear reactors and in order to do so, it will be met with IrAF, Missile batteries, Air Defense etc. These can be dealt with in few hours. Iran will keep on firing its missiles on Israel and US bases, so air war will be little prolonged until these missiles and their production lines are also taken out. If there are rebel groups that rise up in Iran then US will start arming them from Afghanistan and it can be Libya all over again where Air War alone destroyed the opposite sides military machine and regime change was effected by the rebel groups.

US tied in Afghanistan because AQ and Taliban are given shelter in Pak. This country has nukes so US does not want to attack openly. Another example of an Islamic nation with nukes causing world problems. Do you want another fanatic country like Iran to have nukes too? That would be a stupid idea.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So let me get this straight; The Persian gulf which belongs to Iran, and always has because Iran was Persia, is now being 'claimed' by our United States government, telling the country that owns the Gulf, to 'steer clear'. Yeah you betcha....I hate my country soooo much right now; full of the biggest hypocritical politician's in the world. So what if Iran came over here and decided they wanted the NY Harbor; should US steer clear of Iran's interest there? Stupid SOB's.

Im sorry the Persian gulf is not named the IRANIAN gulf is it? That's like saying america owns the entire continent of north america. Westerners at work again here with re naming to classify a people again. That water belongs to each country bordering it up until the coastal waters.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

International waters are free for all. If USN wants it can park its ships there 24x7x365 and no one should have any objections.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join