It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Times they are a Same'n'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Often times when I look into something several possibilities pop out at me. I come to a conclusion which seems as if it may fit the puzzle. I place the piece in and check for overall picture integrity. If the scenario doesn't pan out, I seek out new data and run through the whole process again.

This works well for most things. Things related to CT? Not so much. The process takes many goes, and you're only left probabilities rather than certainties. I hate that.

So within the last few years I've learned to add more complexity to my critical thinking mindset. Essentially, I add more variables (pieces) to consider at once instead of trying to root out just one. I've found this to be necessary as complexity of the issue increases. Doing this has erased a lot of errors in my judgments towards practically everything CT related.

Basically when I look out at the world to large pressing matters, the thought that pops out is: damage control.

I don't see evil men behind closed doors trying to kill us off for no good reason, I see people of varying beliefs, intellectual capabilities, responsibilities, and privileges interacting and doing what they think and/or feel is best. Sometimes this is highly selfish, and other times not so much.

I see the majority of people as complaining instead of acting. The haves may blame the have nots, and the have nots may blame the haves. People may blame the corporations, or their government, or whatever system is out there. It matters not. The truth is that everything is interacting all at once to bring us these experiences, and no one focus could bring us out of this mess.

When I try to envision a sustainable future that is outside of this collapse we're currently experiencing, I see something vastly different. I know we can't get there without major changes. I think as how could we get to major changes in our current state? The image that I get is of a black hole, and I know what it represents.

It means this won't happen through any currently existing system which is in place. No government, or organization, or individual will bring us into a sane path. No vote for this candidate, or donate to this fund...no, we're far, far passed these things. There are too many individuals who are too meshed within the current system; myself included. There are too many organizations and governments which have vested interests and policies in place for the status quo, to think it will be capable of meaningful change.

So what's left? If not by union and reason, then by chaos and passion. That will be the great change that finally allows us the ability to create a new world. This isn't a design that the elite try in every which way to make come about...it's an inevitable reality that great minds have known for a long time. Some have worked with this insight to try and mitigate the damage which will come about, but they realize there's simply no damned way not to have this happen, realistically.

What I see in the coming years is more of the same, until there can be no more. More of the same cycles, but faster and with greater intensity. More mass corruption, more mega-disasters....you name it, as you currently see it, so it will be but even more so...eventually a point will be reached where enough people have been permanently removed from the current system in place...I'm speaking of civilization as we know it...that we will be able to start allowing the radical thinkers to root out the problems, and deviate accordingly.

I have foreseen this for sometime, but have also fought it as I didn't want to believe so much suffering must come about in the process. Well it's been years now, and I've consciously processed it all this time around, and realized there's no other way.

I think that the media and abstract systems will continue to keep the people docile (on the whole) through mass fudging of the reality at hand. As long as enough percentage of people can have a roof over their head, and bellies full, we're not going to do squat.

So what is left is some sort of natural event. I see the increasing disastrous weather as being a likely mechanism to start off the chain reaction which leads to the eventual restructuring of civilization as we know it. If I'm recalling correctly more than 10X monies in insurance claims were given out due to natural disasters during the year 2009 than the year 2000...you can't keep increasing like that and think everything will be okay...eventually we'll have so many kinks in the earths ability to give us those two things: a roof over our head, and our bellies full... that the abstract systems won't be able to contain the people, and we'll start doing our own thing...

So either through food shortages, natural mega-disasters, water shortages, or a combination of the three...eventually it'll all come crashing down. Some will die out rather quickly. Some will band together and secure adequate resources to make it through the transition. What I know overall is that some of us will make it, and the potential for an amazing new world will be within our reach.

That's about it...haha, sorry it was all scattered.

TLDR:
nobody is to blame unless we're all to blame
things won't get better until they get worse
what comes out may be an awesome new world

edit on 1-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

I think you wrote a good piece. Up to the part where you think our demise is related to natural disasters.

I don't agree with you for one simple reason: Natural Disasters have always occurred, and are NOT on an incline in either intensity or frequency.

The media world, mainly the internet, rather, is responsible for delivering more timely information about these incidences that occur around the globe. So what we see now, is different than what we say 30 years ago. We see more...we experience more. Plain and simple.

But I like your way of thought. S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

I think you wrote a good piece. Up to the part where you think our demise is related to natural disasters.

I don't agree with you for one simple reason: Natural Disasters have always occurred, and are NOT on an incline in either intensity or frequency.

Thanks for the kudos! It seems we may have to agree to disagree here.

The media world, mainly the internet, rather, is responsible for delivering more timely information about these incidences that occur around the globe. So what we see now, is different than what we say 30 years ago. We see more...we experience more. Plain and simple.

But I like your way of thought. S&F

I'd like you to take my third paragraph into consideration before my next words:

So within the last few years I've learned to add more complexity to my critical thinking mindset. Essentially, I add more variables (pieces) to consider at once instead of trying to root out just one. I've found this to be necessary as complexity of the issue increases. Doing this has erased a lot of errors in my judgments towards practically everything CT related.

I agree that the increase in ability of information to be transmitted has increased our awareness and perhaps paranoia of natural phenomena. I would also suggest that this doesn't negate the objective data which is out there which points towards an increase in intensity and rate of natural disasters. The last I heard, events which were 3-4 deviations from the norm have been happening at a rate of 2 deviations from the norm in recent times.

Frankly: I realize there is an agenda to profit from the chaos, but that doesn't mean the chaos doesn't exist.

Again, thanks for the support!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
S+F
sorry but i couldn't help myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Good Op. I can relate on so many levels with what you're saying.
For years, I too have thought these scenarios out countless times in my head, and i came to the conclusion that the time for peaceful protest has long passed us by.
It's coming.....We all know and feel it coming.
I feel so bad for my children that they will never know and experience the things we all took for granted.
However, for any good to come out of this we must all suffer our fate with courage and love, and never forget our common humanity and struggles.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Thanks for the input!

It's actually pretty difficult to ascertain exactly what the next generation will experience.

The quicker the collapse can be fully realized, the quicker we can go about creating a new world.

I'm not sure there's a single human being alive who can give out dates for when collapse is finalized, and rebuilding has been complete.

It could possibly happen within the next generations time-frame, so keep the faith!

Another thing that must be said, is that rebuilding shouldn't entail a going back to the stone-age.

Besides the hopefully relatively brief dark period of the collapse, it should be on the up, and up as far as what goodies we'll have to work with, technologically.

Your kids may have a better quality of life than we do, depending on what one values.
edit on 6-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

join