It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Really Own It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You only truly own something if it can't be taken away from you.

The only problem is EVERYTHING can be taken away from you, your property, your body, your mind, your soul.

Your body can be harvested for parts for the black market or other unscrupulous people. or it can be put in prison at somebody's whim.

Your mind can be taken from you by drugs that can turn you into a zombie.

And if God exists, he has the claim on your soul and it belongs to him. At least if you worship him. If you don't worship and obey his every whim, then you're a dirt rotten atheistic disbeliever and will go straight to hell. Or so the scriptures go.

Your house can be taken away from you. The banks can foreclose whenever they want to and the government does nothing about it, or there's that damned eminent domain crap, or if you fail to pay your taxes it goes away.

Your car can be taken away from you if you break the law.

In fact, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE can and will be taken away from you at some point in your life. You have no real power to prevent it.

Oh, so you have guns. Guns are useless against 400 hundred armed agents with tanks and LAWs and whatnot. Like Randy Weaver or David Koresh and the Branch Davidians.

So really, what's the point of it all?

Maybe the only point to life is that life is just a game to see who can end up with the most stuff to give away. You can't take it with you.

Maybe, just maybe.

The biggest problem with government, is, regardless of the form it's in, it only passes laws to take what it wants and to control how people live. That is the only real purpose of government.

And that's one of the saddest thing in the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I agree that the government only takes.

I have a philosophy, its live and let live. I don't like the fiction that is government, however its a symbol that does hold sway. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So really, what's the point of it all?

Maybe the only point to life is that life is just a game to see who can end up with the most stuff to give away. You can't take it with you.

Perhaps the meaning of life (the point of it all) does not come from 'owning things' but from the experiences of a lifetime. But you are right, everything can be taken away (well maybe not the soul if it exists).
edit on 30-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The biggest problem with government, is, regardless of the form it's in, it only passes laws to take what it wants and to control how people live. That is the only real purpose of government.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." Gerald Ford. August 12, 1974.

"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." Kris Kristofferson.

When a man/woman has nothing left to lose, they are then truly free. But when a nation of men/women have nothing left to lose, they become the most dangerous enemy a totalitarian government could ever have.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I have been asking myself that for years . It really is a bizarre pointless way of existence we have come to accept .
I don't know how one can claim ownership of land and resource when it has belonged to everyone past and future.
Greed was once thought as mental illness , now we glorify .

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

What about free-will? Or my thoughts?

They can't take them away from me. Though they may try to influence them.

A-HA! I found a loop-hole!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The people need to out-govern the government.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

They can take away your mind and turn you into a stark raving zombie using mind altering drugs. That means they can take away your free will.

Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by TDawgRex

They can take away your mind and turn you into a stark raving zombie using mind altering drugs. That means they can take away your free will.

Nice try though.

CURSES!

Foiled again!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In this world...we dont really "own" anything...we're just borrowing from our childrens future...

top topics

join