It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dempsey: I don't want to be 'complicit' in Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Good for you General. I believe there are millions more who feel the same way. A strike on Iran's facilities will not stop but only delay the program, let alone cause or create further unrest throughout the region and possibly the world, not to mention billions of more American taxpayer dollars. Hopefully the war hawks will heed your advice and realize this before they engage in futile war.

Source

Speaking to journalists in London, Dempsey said an attack would "clearly delay but probably not destroy Iran's nuclear program," but added that the "international coalition" pressuring Iran "could be undone if it was attacked prematurely".

"I don't want to be complicit if they [Israel] choose to do it," he added.

Dempsey's comments come as the White House said that Iran had a limited window of time to stop its atomic work and diplomatic terms offered by the Western world will not remain open "indefinitely."

(Alternative source)

edit on 30-8-2012 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 30-8-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Somewhat re-assuring to hear...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I dont think that guys opinion is being sought in the halls of power though.......
Make no mistake, there will be a war against Iran,,,nukes or not....they have been too free to do what they want.....they must be reigned in......
mark my woids

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
he advises lets get rid of Israel at a!!

Now I would like to give a benevolent piece of advice to American politicians who always stood up to defend and support the Zionist regime. So far, this regime has created countless problems for you. It has presented a hateful image of you to the regional peoples, and it has made you look like an accomplice in the crimes of the usurping Zionists. The material and moral costs borne by the American government and people on account of this are staggering, and if this continues, the costs might become even heavier in the future. Think about the Islamic Republic's proposal of a referendum and with a courageous decision, rescue yourselves from the current impossible situation. Undoubtedly, the people of the region and all free-thinkers across the world will welcome this measure. english.khamenei.ir...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Then he should stop saying "all options are on the table".

/simple

top topics

join