It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average Guy Tricks Times Square Tourists Into Believing He's Famous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I mean talk about the power of suggestion! This is just absurd and it proves how gullible people can be. Basically, a guy conducts a social experiment where he walks out of the NBC Studios front door dressed like a celeb, with a pair of body guards and a photographer and all of the sheep start making things up about who he is... and it apparently spreads like wild fire!

Some swear they know the fake celeb. "Yea I know Brett Cohen!" says one tourist. "I LOVE BRETT COHEN," screams another. One man claims to have even heard Cohen's non-existant first single.

If one kid can do this, it just proves what the media can do!

Source: Huffington Post

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I saw this a week or so ago and laughed my head off.

People are idiots. This proves it. Stupid herd animals with no mind of their own.
People have been brainwashed to such a point, most dont even notice it any more. Certainly the younger generations that have been brought up on tv, computers and the desire to be famous.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dont think he is retarded. I think he is genius and people should look at the implications behind such a social experiment. how easy it is to get people to believe in your idea through suggestion. how often do we look at an ad for something and are completely consumed by everything in the ad except for the actual product. which the product is still recognized and the seed is planted in our subconscious.

here is the link to the Brett Cohen fan club, In which I heard JohnnyAnonymous and Hefecide are the club presidents.

LINK

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

He wasn't famous whilst doing this, but you can bet your ass he is now!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That was pretty funny.. amazing how people pretended to know him.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
That was pretty funny.. amazing how people pretended to know him.

Even funnier is the one guy who digs the new single-lol

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Micro social engineering...

Although a very small experiment... it at least proves that people can be manipulated into thinking that something is true when it isnt... I can think of more than a dozen conspiracies that possibly used this trick on a massive scale to get people to think a certain way about said CT.

good catch. S&F.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is nothing. Right now, there are a couple of multi-millionaires spending millions of dollars of other people's money to convince the entire nation that they are just a couple of average Joes.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

what are you refering to exactly?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

maby the presidential race

join