It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how are things going with the US elections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am not really following the elections as I'm not from America but who will probably win? does Ron Paul still have a chance? Everytime I look at the news I hear nothing about Ron Paul, Only about Obama and Mitt Romney like they are the only candidates. Does anyone here actually vote for Obama or Mitt Romney??

(Edit, sorry, posted this in the wrong section, should be in ''2012 Elections'', if a mod could move it, thank you)
edit on 30-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I do follow the US elections (somewhat) although I'm not American either. Like it or not, US policies affect us all so it doesn't hurt to know what is going on.

Mitt Romney has secured the nomination for the GOP. I think it is safe to say Ron Paul never had a chance even though he would've done wonders for the US (at least in some respects). The media already picked Romney long ago. The GOP was changing it's party rules all the way up to the last minute to ensure Ron Paul never had any chance to get nominated. Sounds unfair but in reality, each party can choose it's own rules on how they determine it's leader. Although nothing truly illegal about it, I think it shows the true colors of the GOP.

It also seems pretty clear that Obama has not lived up to his promises. It was almost like as soon as he stepped out of the oval office with Bush almost 4 years ago, his perspective on everything changed. Maybe he finally learned that being president doesn't actually mean you are in control.

There are the usual arguments about the 'lesser of two evils', and truthfully neither one of them will be able to put the US back on track, the damage has already been done IMO. I think in order for the US to actually get a good choice on their next president, the two party system needs to change. In reality there is more than just black and white, there are plenty of shades in between that are not represented.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Well said and thanks for clearing that up. It's a shame that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance now anymore, he would've been a good president I think.

join