It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 100-year-old driver hits 11 people in Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
1) we know old peoples shouldnt drive anymore
the max age should be at least 80 yrs old to drive any vehicule faster then 5 km per hrs

Very bad idea. The reason is that we are on the cusp of some great medical breakthroughs that will drastically extend life spans and physical well-being far beyond the age of 80. Someday, 80 will be the new 30.

I do, however, FULLY endorse mandatory driving tests to renew your license after a certain age.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Ben81
1) we know old peoples shouldnt drive anymore
the max age should be at least 80 yrs old to drive any vehicule faster then 5 km per hrs

Very bad idea. The reason is that we are on the cusp of some great medical breakthroughs that will drastically extend life spans and physical well-being far beyond the age of 80. Someday, 80 will be the new 30.

I do, however, FULLY endorse mandatory driving tests to renew your license after a certain age.

Yep and when or if that time comes the law can be changed or extended to age 250 or so while I plan to be about 8-900 before I give up and coast for the next 100 years...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It looks like other age groups are more dangerous than the elderly. 25 - 34 year olds are more dangerous than the 65+ crowd. Surprising, perhaps we should be reviewing their license to drive more frequently.

source

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Once, while avoiding a skidding car, I hit an embankment and flipped my car over.

Two or three people drove around me before someone finally stopped.

Not a good feeling, is it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by artistpoet

Once, while avoiding a skidding car, I hit an embankment and flipped my car over.

Two or three people drove around me before someone finally stopped.

Not a good feeling, is it.

True - Yet a cyclist who witnessed the smash I was in was so helpful - I was very dazed and he provided pen and paper took the other guys details and phoned the police - as it was rush hour and our cars were a dangerous hazard to others.
Also the traffic cop was a really nice guy - It was Winter and it was freezing cold so he offered to give me a lift home once all had been sorted.
But yes - The selfishness of some leaves one wondering

top topics

<< 1   >>

join