It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada must become a Republic.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by ExNihilo

So who will fulfill the function of Head Of State of Canada and the roles of the Lieutenant Generals etc?
Or don't you understand what their role is within your democratic process?

As I said before, it is entirely your choice if you decide to become a republic but please take the time to understand the full implications - I assure you it will not be as simple as just severing all links and not replacing people in the roles that are currently filled with The Queens 'representatives'.

But the choice is your's.

Lieutenant generals have a role in our democratic process other than smiling and eating like the aristocratic pigs that they are? please enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ok, they do nothing, have never done anything and are nothing but a drain on resources etc and their roles will not require replacing if Canada ever chooses to become a republic.

To be honest, I don't really care one way or another and it's none of my business really, I just don't like seeing inaccuracies - but as I've said before - do as you see fit.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Ok, they do nothing, have never done anything and are nothing but a drain on resources etc and their roles will not require replacing if Canada ever chooses to become a republic.

To be honest, I don't really care one way or another and it's none of my business really, I just don't like seeing inaccuracies - but as I've said before - do as you see fit.

Seriously, are you even Canadian? They DO absolutely nothing that would require any sort of replacement.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Seriously, are you even Canadian?

Err, no I'm not - and I would have thought that was pretty obvious if you'd read my posts and actually given them even the smallest amount of thought.

I really don't care enough about this to argue the toss with someone who so obviously has his mind made up regardless.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The only problem with Canada that I find, is that we have all these old rats still in office. We need young people, we need to become a republic like the OP said.

I am tired of living under the "guidance" of someone who still thinks its 1953. We need to toss this government out and start fresh. and by toss I mean, let them govern an uninhabited island way off to the north.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It's OK, it's perfectly understandable, Freeborn is an English contributor.

The English have this habit of meddling in other people's constitutional arrangements, mainly by lecturing you about how extraordinarily complex and frighteningly expensive it would be for you to run your own country as you see fit. Like his compatriots, Freeborn's got form that way.

Take heart, the Royals and all their fool's baubles will be disposed of eventually, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthernThird

I think if you bother to actually read what I've said rather than some crap attempt at a personnal dig etc you'd see that I clearly state it's entirely up to the Canadian's what they do and that it's got nothing to do with anyone else, English or Scottish, and that I'm not really that bothered what they do - their choice.

Another lame and useless example of the 'anyone but the English' mentality that infects far too many.

This site would benefit from some people actually reading and thinking about posts and engaging their brain before adding their two penn'orth worth, which usually entails persuing their own personal bigotted and narrow minded agenda's.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Ach deleted.
edit on 30-8-2012 by NorthernThird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I could be completely wrong here
, but doesn't the Queen keep Harper (or whoever is PM) in line?
It stops him from turning into a dictator ?
Checks and balances....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I could be completely wrong here
, but doesn't the Queen keep Harper (or whoever is PM) in line?
It stops him from turning into a dictator ?
Checks and balances....

Completely wrong you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join