It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Iran sending soldiers to Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

BEIRUT—Iran is sending commanders from its elite Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps and hundreds of foot soldiers to Syria, according to current and former members of the corps. The personnel moves come on top of what these people say are Tehran's stepped-up efforts to aid the military of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad with cash and arms.

That would indicate that regional capitals are being drawn deeper into Syria's conflict—and undergird a growing perception among Mr. Assad's opponents that the regime's military is increasingly strained.

online.wsj.com...

They may not have invaded a country in a long time, but it appears instead of Proxy wars..
They are going to supply soldiers directly.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

From this Thread it looks like the have mutual defense treaties.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted 3 hours ago

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I love people that contribute nothing. /sarcasm

Back on topic: I wonder what this will mean for the US and allies? Could this be considered an act of war if the US shows up in Syria to "help" Al-Qua...I mean...the rebels? If they show up, will Iran and Syria attack them? Or will Russia/China intervene? I personally don't think the US will do what Iran has done, but, if Romney becomes POTUS, who knows?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

posted 3 hours ago

Why all the laughs, I did a search. Last week i made a thread 2 days before the other one came out, I had 3 replies that other one had over 140. It's all in the OP's content I guess.

Anyways, this is going to just be pushed front and centre when they officially photograph them in the country in action.

top topics

join