It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RNC Seems Like a Joke So Far...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm watching the Republican National Convention Live on NBC news right now: www.msnbc.msn.com...

So far, I can't believe how lame it seems. No one is there. No one hardly claps. The speakers often pause and wait for applause which frequently does not come. Is this because of Isaac? Is this because nothing really "exciting" happens until later on in the convention?

I can tell you one thing. If Ron Paul were the champion of the Republican party instead of Romney, you'd have kids my age (24) dancing around all over the place! It all just seems so phoney and fake. Why so many empty seats? Again, if Ron Paul were being celebrated I can GUARANTEE his supporters would have the place maxed out and overflowing. I'd drive through a hurricane to support him!

Sorry. This isn't a Ron Paul thread. Let me get off my soapbox; I am genuinely curious to know what you think of this year's RNC. Is this typical? Will things pick up? What's the deal?

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

Cody, in answer to your question...

IMO - This is not because of Issac. This is because nobody really stands with Romney except for the establishment. The loudest the crowd has been today is when Ron Paul showed up just before 2pm and shouts of "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul" and "Let Him Speak!" broke out.

This is by far the weakest attendance I have seen at the conventions to this day. There were a lot of boycotts also due to the constant rule changes and corruption that has gone on.

So, you're exactly right. It's all a big joke and the joke is on us - We The People!

Check out my ongoing thread on the convention... (is a Ron Paul thread)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

They should dub in some clapping its like a funeral in there
I think about 3 people clapped for Romney when mentioned by a speaker
Romney has definitely gutted the rnc like all the other companies he's put his hands on.
Looks like nobody's buying what they're selling.
This is backfiring in their faces big time
It gets worse with each speaker

edit on 28-8-2012 by Sittingbulls because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Sittingbulls because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was about to say it is a sea of white people, but just now the C-Span camera showed a black guy. Nothing like Republican diversity -- blue suit or black suit and lots of hair product.

To be fair, this is not prime time. Half of the delegates are probably out hitting Ybor City or walking the pearly white sands of Clearwater and St. Pete. I just was at a local Starbucks here across the bridge from Tampa in Clearwater and saw a group of three there. I expect a full hall starting about 5PM just before the official delegate count gets underway.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like the RNC is working overtime on keeping the Paul delegates on the bus and off the convention floor while they change their rules...again
What a complete joke this charade is. The Republican Party will get exactly what it deserves, 4 more years of Obama. Democracy is dead in this country, it's been replaced by jackbooted thug tactics. Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ha! The dude that is out right now (sorry, I don't know his name) didn't even get a single handclap as he walked out! He walked up to the podium and paused... *crickets*

Then, he says, "Thank you." Haha!

Seriously, this is sad. I am leaving it on in the background just for entertainment.

Let's see if it picks up during primetime tonight.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

republicans make me sick.... democrats give me a headache and that /facepalm feeling...

the whole show is a sham

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by DarkATi

republicans make me sick.... democrats give me a headache and that /facepalm feeling...

the whole show is a sham

I think we all agree on that point...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Who thought it would be appropriate to sing, "I want you to want me. I need you to need me." at Mittens nomination party? Hah! The Republicans want us to want Mitt Romney as the nominee, but it seems like most people do NOT want him as the nom.

Sad.

EDIT: Things just got real. The motion to totally screw Ron Paul over (at least in Maine delegates) was almost half and half, but of course, in the opinion of the guy in charge "the ayes" had it. Bah!!! This is ridiculous. It's like watching a mock trial.
edit on 28-8-2012 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

Shouldn't there be a more formal count taken when the "ayes" and "nos" are so close?
edit on 28-8-2012 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join