It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian schoolyard bullies to face job ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.hcamag.com...

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

how can this be justified as a measure to stop bullying, where can it lead these kids who then are discriminated against in obtaining work, purchasing a house, car or travel until at least the age of 22.

it seems this countries demand at reform is rising through the roof, imposing on many people a repremand system of an idealist view to become as sheep in a pasture seperated from mainstream society. not saying that bullying should be acceptable, though the problem should lean more towards family values or cause to why it is occuring in the first place.

the system doesn't make sense where unemployment is made to rise by such and a fair go for jobs spouted by government at the same time, not only is it hard enough to find work but the added restictions such as this and other implementations being imposed like the goverment funded assistance that is about to be taken away from job seekers, leading to convictions by a positive drug test for those on benefits only adding to problems in the near future.

looks to become a convict australia once more where the poor, the repremanded, and recreational character of peoples freedom of choices are sentenced to a life of ever more hardship shunned by ever increasing dictatorship.

(mods feel free to move to appropiate forum if needed.)

edit on 28-8-2012 by redgy because: redo links

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Under BullyCheck, which the O'Farrell government supports, job applicants aged 17 to 22 will be asked to consent to a reference check from their current or former high school and will not be hired if they fail the character test.

Sydney Telegraph

I wouldn't want to hire someone who has a track record of being a bully.

Kids who bully other kids tend to go on to bully other adults, or join the police.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
my son just started high school today,here in ontario canada.
if he quits when he is 16,or bfore grade 12,he will not be allowed to get his driver's license.
(plus i'll kill him!!! ha ha ha!)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Considering when I lived inner-city, how many of the bullies came from families that avoided work like the plague? This will mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
More Globalist-Satanist attempts to force us into being obedient slavish little sheep. Frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that childhood bullying is always and necessarily a bad thing. Kids gotta learn to deal with unpleasant people somehow.

Of course, looked at a certain way, I suppose this is intended to ensure that there ARE no unpleasant people. This can't end well. The "Law of Unintended Consequences" will see to that....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

As far as I’m concerned you reap what you sow.

I’m sorry, but there is a significant difference between “unpleasant people” and bullies. I could only imagine that serial and severe bullies would make this list, and so they should. If there is one thing in this world for which I have no time nor tolerance for it is bullying. Bullies are absolute scum, the weakest of weak but unfortunately no one in power at schools actually care. There’s countless times when kids have gone to teachers regarding bullying and have been fobbed off only to go on to self harm or worse. If I were an employer and had the choice between a person of strong character/repute and a person who was known for bullying, I think you can guess who I’d offer the job to. There’s nothing tough about bullies. It’s now a criminal offence carrying ten years jail in Victoria if done in the workplace after a 19 year old girl jumped from a building due to incessant workplace bullying.

I completely agree that everything should be done to stamp this behaviour out. Whether it be expulsion, a work ban list, criminal charges (for 16 and older), parents wearing the responsibility for younger bullies - whatever it is, this pathetic nonsense needs to stop. Far too many young people are feeling powerless because of it and too many are taking their lives.

redgy; the convict comment is insulting.
edit on 28-8-2012 by BlindBastards because: Grammar correction

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Look it is possible to tame a bully... see

edit on 28-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

I have to say as someone dealing with bullies as a kid and as an adult this is something I'd not completely agree with.

The fact is people change as they grow, and tarring them with a brush from their distant past is not the way to go. Bullies as kids tend to grow as quickly as the people they torment, and although not always the case, it would be pretty silly in this economic climate to destroy someone's future based on their past, especially if they have a skill set worth considering to bring to the adult workplace.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm on the fence.

To a degree I agree with the spirit of this. There does need to be consequences for "bullies". Children shouldn't have to be forced to go to school to endure trauma, they should be forced to go to school to learn.

On the other hand some people do learn from their mistakes. It would be a shame to punish a person so severly if they have real regret and made strides to change their interaction with others.

On a related note... When did consequences ever deter a child? I know that I skipped school several times knowing full well I'd have to answer to my father about it.

My suggestion would be to reward good behavior with educational grants for higher education for students who show good moral fiber and teambuilding/leading skills

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
All this does is shift the BURDEN of bullying onto adults.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Uhm shouldn't adults be the one carrying the burden in the first place? I mean it isn't like the children can do much about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Not like that. I meant the burden of BEING the bully. lol Not the responsibility of your kids action. Sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Ahh you mean the adults are responding to bullying with bullying. Yeah I absolutely agree. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It is a social stigma. I think aside from providing incentive to "good" children maybe there needs to be investigation into the parent's of bullies. Something has to be done. Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's seems like a character assasination implemented towards the mistakes that individuals have made in the past, something that sticks them into the broad catagory of being a criminal for the rest of thier lives, maybe for some it's who they are, but if employers aren't willing to give these or other types a go, what chance do they really have.
employment is now more about personal ethics and character identification, rarther than allowing a individual who doesn't fit into the criteria of being a perfect candidate any chance of succeeding. no wonder so many go jobless and become shunned by society for a reason of just being a little different.

top topics

join