It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An observation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As I get one year closer to 40, I find it encouraging that those half my age most definitely don’t accept the BS coming at them. They just aren’t buying it.

And by IT I’m talking about the lies and BS coming at them from mainstream religion, mainstream politics, the mainstream media. Their teachers. Their parents.

Youth and young adults today are seeking truth. Of all the things you can say about kids today one thing you cannot deny is that they can smell a lie from a mile away.

And, as so many people young and old today are beginning to realize, there is no shortage of lies. Lies of all shape, size, color, flavor and sound.

I think that everyone realizes the lies to one degree or another - even if subconsciously - but some of us have come to rely on the lies over the years and thus refuse to acknowledge them now.

I think we all can learn something from this phenomenon. This phenomenon of people thinking for themselves. Seeking truth for themselves. Forming their own opinions.

There is truth, there has been consistent and enduring truth for a long time, but it’s been corrupted and co-opted in order to manipulate. By using humanity’s innate desire for truth and purpose, those who would and could have produced a counterfeit truth that is just close enough to the truth that we bring it in and embrace it simply because there is no better substitute available.

I believe that the real truth is available and can still be found. As more and more people wake up to the lies surrounding us, I firmly believe that the overarching truth movement will be unstoppable, and a new era of mankind will be upon us.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately TPTB know people are waking up, thats why we see all these new laws designed to lock us down. Soon it wont matter if the whole world is awake because to speak your mind will get you arrested.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yeah, there has been a lot of that lately, hasn't there?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am glad you choose to break the mould and DENY that there is a generational gap, too large to span.
Older people are in denial. It's not a diss, it's the truth. They almost think my generation STOLE their pensions, when it was the naughty gov't.
I feel that we have much to discuss of the future...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't think there really is any point at pointing fingers at any particular "generation" regarding this "issue" my observation / "hypothesis" or whatever is pointing out that the younger ones right now really seem to be fantastically skeptical.

My wife and I both see a big difference now compared to how our parents behaved in society. There are many in our generation who are still hung up with continuing tradition for tradition sake, continuing to think the way our parents thought, so on.

Some may have a problem with losing the hereditary hangups that have been passed down for centuries, but if the current society is the culmination of that line, what loss would there be to start new?

new topics

top topics

join