It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian jet with 81 civilians shot by French Mirage instead of Qaddafi Plane over Sicily?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
An Assassination of International Proportions 27 June 1980 and A Cover-Up by NATO?

Based on supposed new documents found in Libya, could this have truth to it? Was it really a coverup and Qaddafi was innocent of this crime all along? He always denied it.

Read the accounts here. It's a big article and has a lot of compelling info within. Take the time to read it before commenting please. I would have posted more but for the T&C of course.

counterpsyops.com... hot-by-french-mirage-instead-of-qaddafi-plane-over-sicily/

If new documents uncovered in Libya are to be believed, the opportunity to assassinate Qaddafi presented itself on the night of June 27, 1980, when he was scheduled to fly home from Europe and across the Mediterranean in his personal Tupolev airliner. A pair of French Mirage jet fighters were readied for a very special mission — Qaddafi’s jet would be intercepted and shot down, leaving all parties involved with plausible deniability. If all went well, the wreckage would be lost at sea and the action would resolve the Libyan problem once and for all.

Was it just an unfortunate turn of events that put the airliner in the middle?

From the start, however, things didn’t quite go as planned. What should have been a simple interception turned into a confusing engagement with jet fighters involved from no less than four nations. The French, the Libyans, the Italians and the Americans would all converge toward a single point over the sea off the coast of Italy — and flying into the melee would come Itavia Flight 870, completely unaware of the unfolding drama ahead.

French JetFighter Mirage F1

I'm reading more on it as it's a long read but what do others think? Possible?

This is the interesting part IMO. At first there were the usual accusations of some terrorist group but then, silence.

At first, it seemed that the circumstances of the loss didn’t make sense — the aircraft had been flying along perfectly and then, quite inexplicably, it had exploded in midair with the loss of everyone on board. In response to questions from the media, government officials offered that Flight 870 might have been downed by a terrorist bomb. Initially, that explanation made some sense, but then no terrorist organization stepped forward to make a claim of responsibility. Unsatisfied, the media returned to ask more questions — and as if by some order from above, officials suddenly went silent. No additional information was forthcoming. This in turn fed media suspicions that the real story was being kept from public view. Sadly, they were right. Everywhere they turned, doors were suddenly closed. It seemed as if nobody was willing to talk about what had happened.

And no conspiracy could have teeth without the unexplained and mysterious deaths of witnesses right?

The commander of the Italian airbase from which the intercepting Italian F-104S fighter jets had launched would die suddenly in a car accident. Two of the radar controllers who witnessed the full picture of the events of that night on their screens would commit suicide by hanging (an odd personal choice given the pain involved).

Another radar controller also died, but this time of an unexpected heart attack — he was just 37 years old. A fourth air traffic controller who had direct knowledge of the events of that night was later found murdered. Finally, two of the three Italian Air Force pilots who had intercepted the Libyan MiG-23 died in a midair collision during an air show at Ramstein AB in Germany.

So now that Qaddafi is dead, does it matter if he was innocent of this crime all along? Assuming this is the truth coming out of course.

I think it would matter a great deal as there are others to bring up on the stand now and many are most likely still alive.

Peace

edit on 25-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Bump. When you cross american power, it doesnt matter if you did it or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Bump. When you cross american power, it doesnt matter if you did it or not.

Of course it matters. It matters to history and what people will learn about Libya and America. It matters that people know the truth.

The actual facts are always what matters IMO.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
intresting , thanks for that , will read a bit more

edit on 25-8-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Im confused , was it french or italian jets , tasked with shooting down gaddaffis plane?

A pair of French Mirage jet fighters were readied for a very special mission — Qaddafi’s jet would be intercepted and shot down, leaving all parties involved with plausible deniability. If all went well, the wreckage would be lost at sea and the action would resolve the Libyan problem once and for all.

So according to this article, it was the French but Italy was involved as well.

Looks like it was a real Cluster ^!(@#^ over there and no one knew what was going on.

If this proves to be true, it's only the tip when you consider the families that would have laid their loved ones to rest only to find now that they were blaming the wrong people all along.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Nice find Jude11.

You and I know just how deep this corruption goes. It also reveals exactly who the pawns of the NWO are.

Qaddaffi was hunted and killed for trying to shift the economic and financial power away from the west.

Can't have an independent, self-sufficient Africa now can we.

One finger salute to NATO, America (The Guvment) and the NWO. It will all come crashing down soon, because you can only see the outcome you want, and not ALL possibilities.
edit on 26-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by jude11

Nice find Jude11.

You and I know just how deep this corruption goes. It also reveals exactly who the pawns of the NWO are.

Qaddaffi was hunted and killed for trying to shift the economic and financial power away from the west.

Can't have an independent, self-sufficient Africa now can we.

One finger salute to NATO, America (The Guvment) and the NWO. It will all come crashing down soon, because you can only see the outcome you want, and not ALL possibilities.
edit on 26-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

As I read more and more into this I am convinced of its truth...finally.

Now my question is why is there so little interest in the truth here on ATS?

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Qaddafi was a gigantic threat to the interest of the US. He was well aware and had proof that Obama was not born in the US. He was trying endlessly to create a new monetary system based on "real value" ie Gold. He threatened the entire western world and it's propped up economic system. Gaddafi also was aware that the Taliban were attacked bcs they almost completely shut down the opium trade in Afghanistan. How can we fund our shady imperialist agendas without the drug war? The answer is we can't. Please watch Gaddafi's speech to the UN where he blasts the US for 10 min and let me just say he was spot on. I love my country but we all need to come to grips with the fact we are out for #1 and #1 only. We will punish, kill, deprive whomever gets in our way, including US citizens. Healthcare was free in Libya, Electricity as well. $50,000 was given to all new married couples, to be used to buy a new home. Women were relatively free in Libya as compared to other Arab nations. Was Quadaffi perfect? Hell no, but I would take him over Obama the Antichrist!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ObamaAntiChrist

The people of Libya had it good, right? I've read up on all that was given to them, as you've mention, and more. Who wouldn't love free electricity, healthcare, education, food, money when you get married, money for your first car,etc, it literally goes on. Unemployment was high in Libya but what does it matter when most of your expenses are taking care of? I almost forgot, besides all the other great benefits Libyans got they also got a roof over their head. That was one of Gaddafi's big promises, to house everyone, and that's why he lived in a tent, a bad ass tent but a tent none the less, until everyone Libyan had a home to call their own.

So after reading about this I thought to myself, wtf are they protesting about? Tell ya truth, pre NATO BS invasion of Libya and inciting the "civil war", I would seriously consider moving there and becoming a new citizien if they'll have me
, but not now. Thanks again to NATO and the "civil war", Libya is a war torn hell hole where conflict is still rampant over control and power struggles.

/golf clap NATO

And to Jude, badass information you've brought to our attention so thank ya for that. S&F

edit on 26-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Although it's difficult to verify the positive points of the former Libya, I tend to believe most of it.

America and its War Buddies are so skilled at spin that if there was even a chance this was untrue, they would have been all over it. But they couldn't stop the truth coming out.

And now we have this...

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Interesting, certainly brings up a few questions, there is however that line at the beginning "If new documents uncovered in Libya are to be believed". "are to be believed"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

In 2003 Gaddafi admitted Libya's responsibility for the Lockerbie bombing and paid compensation to the victims' families though he maintained that he never personally gave the order for the attack.[3] During the Libyan civil war in 2011, a former government official contradicted Gaddafi claiming the Libyan leader had personally ordered the bombing.

Source

You are just repeating some stale debunked conspiracy that flies in the face of the facts.

The other blind lovers of qaddafi in this thread are trying to make Libya sound like paradise, lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's not too difficult. This is what I found a while ago looking into it. In the 1950's Libya was declared the poorest nation on Earth. That all changed in 1959 when oil reserves were discovered. Ten years later Gaddaffi takes power during a bloodless coup.

en.wikipedia.org...

On 1 September 1969, a small group of junior military officers led by Gaddafi successfully staged a bloodless coup d'état against King Idris while the king was in Turkey for medical treatment. Idris's nephew, Crown Prince Sayyid Hasan ar-Rida al-Mahdi as-Sanussi, was formally deposed by the revolutionary Gaddafi officers and put under house arrest; having overthrown and abolished the monarchy, they proclaimed the Libyan Arab Republic.[41]

Gaddafi was named commander-in-chief of the armed forces and chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council, Libya's new ruling body. At age 27, Gaddafi had become the ruler of Libya.

On gaining power he immediately ordered the shutdown of American and British military bases, including Wheelus Air Base. He told Western officials that he would expel their companies from Libya's oil fields unless they shared more revenue. In his warning, he alluded to consultation with Nasser. The oil companies complied with the demand, increasing Libya's share from 50 to 79 percent.[42] In December 1969, Egyptian intelligence thwarted a planned coup against Gaddafi from high-ranking members of his leadership. Many of the dissenters had grown uneasy with his growing relationship to Egypt.[43]

Nations Encyclopedia| Libya - Poverty and wealth

www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998). There are universities in Tripoli, Benghazi, Marsa el-Brega, Misurata, Sebha, and Tobruq. Despite its successes, the educational system has failed to train adequate numbers of professionals, resulting in Libya's dependency on foreign teachers, doctors, and scientists.

Libya: Getting it Right - A Revolutionary Pan-African Perspective

www.modernghana.com...

Thousands of Indians, Egyptians, Chinese, Filipinos, Turks, Germans, English, Italians, Malaysians, Koreans and a host of other nationalities are lining up at the borders and the airport to leave Libya. It begs the question: What were they doing in Libya in the first place? Unemployment figures, according to the Western media and Al Jazeera, are at 30%. If this is so, then why all these foreign workers?

Libya Truth

July 1, 2011 Gaddafi's Speech to Libya and the World, 1 of 2

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is the sort of conspiracy I find not only believable, but most plausible. When it comes to foreign affairs, EVERY pronouncement assigning blame coming from the U.S. government must be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Did you even read the OP? Repeating old stale debunked conspiracy theories? Oh really? Maybe you missed this part of the OP,

If new documents uncovered in Libya are to be believed, the opportunity to assassinate Qaddafi presented itself on the night of June 27, 1980, when he was scheduled to fly home from Europe and across the Mediterranean in his personal Tupolev airliner.

Notice the word NEW.... now you can claim these NEW documents are suspicious because they are coming out of Libya, but either way this is NEW and not OLD nor STALE...

And from the conspiracies I've been reading about Gaddafi and this bombing include the CIA paying their witnesses millions to testify against Libya, and then later the witnesses recanted their stories. These are the old ones you speak of...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Did you even read the OP? Repeating old stale debunked conspiracy theories? Oh really? Maybe you missed this part of the OP,

If new documents uncovered in Libya are to be believed, the opportunity to assassinate Qaddafi presented itself on the night of June 27, 1980, when he was scheduled to fly home from Europe and across the Mediterranean in his personal Tupolev airliner.

Notice the word NEW.... now you can claim these NEW documents are suspicious because they are coming out of Libya, but either way this is NEW and not OLD nor STALE...

And from the conspiracies I've been reading about Gaddafi and this bombing include the CIA paying their witnesses millions to testify against Libya, and then later the witnesses recanted their stories. These are the old ones you speak of...

Qaddafi himself admitted Libya was responsible and paid restitution. End of story.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And there's a conspiracy surrounding his admittance of Libya's guilt as well, something to the tune of unless he admitted guilt Libya would not be allowed to par take in the UN. He never took responsibility for personally giving the attack either. But again, these are the old conspiracies you must be talking about when in fact the OP has brought a brand new one to light.

Welcome to a conspiracy website where cases sometimes are not closed..... For you it's closed, but not for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, I'ld say very possible. Probable. I can remember when the following accidental shoot downs of civilian airliners occurred.

KAL 007 1983
Iranian Airbus 1988
edit on 26-8-2012 by desert because: add year

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

In 2003 Gaddafi admitted Libya's responsibility for the Lockerbie bombing and paid compensation to the victims' families though he maintained that he never personally gave the order for the attack.[3] During the Libyan civil war in 2011, a former government official contradicted Gaddafi claiming the Libyan leader had personally ordered the bombing.

Source

You are just repeating some stale debunked conspiracy that flies in the face of the facts.

The other blind lovers of qaddafi in this thread are trying to make Libya sound like paradise, lol.

How can it be stale when it's NEW? Have you seen this before? Did you even read the OP?

His admitting means nothing IMO. There are just too many theories out there to take a look at just one.

If you approach everything with 'Case Closed' then history should just remain as it is. But no, we discover lies, cover-ups and accounts written by the victors of Wars of which we find later were false.

And if you are not Libyan, how do you REALLY know? I had a lot of preconceived notions about Asia before I lived there for 8 yrs. Had to change my way of thinking on a number of lines.

Peace

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The Mediterranean is nowhere near Lockerbie. I'm only pointing this out in the hope your ignorance hasn't blinded you so much that you cannot define the difference between these two separate events.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join