It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about biological/living spaceship please share your information?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

"practical engineering" is an iffy subject though. The Greeks had a steam engine, but no "practical" way to put it to use. Cellphones weren't "practical" for quite some time either.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

It's not just the practicality, I gave an entire list of why it wouldn't be feasible.

I'm all for expanding the limits of our knowledge.

An organic ship would be nothing more than a science fair project until everything I addressed in this post and others I haven't thought of are taken care of.

I'm a utilitarian and other than the utility of expanding knowledge an organic ship wouldn't serve any utility.

Heck lets say everything I mentioned can be over come as well as faults others have.
If it's alive it needs to eat something, I don't care if it's scrap metal or star dust(I'm being factitious).
If it doesn't eat it dies, or at the very least shuts down and goes into hibernation.
An inorganic ship might run out of fuel but it won't die, you can fuel it up and it will be good to go.

Imagine a space faring society, and a delivery company.
What company would spend money on a craft that if you don't provide it with food it dies.
It's too risky, if the ship dies they lose all their initial investment in the ship and have to buy a new one.

It's an interesting idea, but it only serves as a science fair project.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No, I think you really just lack knowledge as to what genetic engineering can really do. It wouldn't need to eat, breath, or reproduce. It wouldn't "think" it wouldn't "view passengers" let alone have an immune response to them. If you think it'd "need to eat" then solar radiation makes much more sense as opposed to "star dust". Wait, no, obviously you're just playing the devils advocate. Good job sir. Hell, we live on one giant organic spaceship. It seems to be working thus far.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Chinese Space folks released an odd photo a big blue bubble thing in space near where they were.

I'd theorize this is what you are talking about. My guess is it's tied into the Russian/US inflatable space object they're jointly tinkering on. Instead of trying to make heavy satellites that need all kinds of shielding to protect it from the heat of the sun, maybe a new approach.

A living satellite. Tiny launched object but once it's in space it "inflates" by pumping a gas or liquid into the rubber bubble. Then the sun heats that liquid/gas and you use peltier modules or stirling engine to take the heat and turn it into electricity to run everything. Maybe more efficient than solar panels, cheaper, and lighter to launch. If a tiny meteorite punctures the bubble, pump kicks in and pumps the liquid/gas into a new bubble and operation continues.

Probably next generation satellite, a living satellite with systems like a life form. Can really change shape as well as you claim. This is just a theoretical guess as it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm not playing devils advocate, though I am prone to doing so I actually state when I am doing that.
The idea isn't feasible.
If you had read you would have noticed I even accounted for the possibility that it would be more mechanical than organic.

I know quite a lot about genetics.

It appears you don't know much about science, and are attempting to live in a fantasy world.
Every concern I raised is legitimate given the various possibilities of what an organic ship could be.

Even your stating "use solar radiation as food" shows a lack of understanding.
Sure solar radiation can provide energy, but it wouldn't provide enough mass/matter to feed the needs of an organic ship.
It wouldn't even provide enough power to be converted to propulsion.

Your analogy of the earth as a living ship also fails.
The earth stays along a fixed orbit, around a sun with a fixed orbit.

A ship as needed for space travel would have to consume some form of matter for propulsion alone.
It would need to take in mass, and expend it in some fashion to travel.
That's not even accounting for the needs to keep the ship alive.
The earth doesn't need to consume mass to maintain it's orbit.
It doesn't even need to maintain living organisms to maintain it's orbit.
Look at all the lifeless planets that still function in the same way as the living earth.

As I said before it may be possible for some organic features such as oxygen scrubbers, or heat generation.
But the majority of a ship no...

BTW ignoring valid points, just goes to show that you aren't open to reality and don't know much about what you are talking about.
You do a disservice to the idea when you ignore valid criticism and points.
Ignoring valid points as "devils advocacy" just shows you can't refute them.

Whatever I'm getting very close to being done with this thread.
It's clear this is turning out to be a "true believer" thread where critical thinking and rational discussion isn't welcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

is chitin alive? Just to use one analogy that you can understand.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

Its a sad thing they did to you my friend, I hope your on your way to recovering from it.

I don't know why you would want to know more about such things. Supposedly, both the being and the ship are locked into each other when being built. There are only two sources that I know of that wrote or spoke about such stuff. One I believe if my memory is correct is the report of the military nurse that made contact with the alien from the Rosewell crash. The papers were famous, and were here on ATS not long ago, maybe someone will remember reading the papers written by the military nurse who interviewed the alien creature.

The other is a Colonel in Nevada named Colonel Billey Faye Woodard that did interviews on YouTube about Hollow Earth, and in his interviews he talks about such spaceships and beings.

I hope this info sends you on your way to learning more of what you are searching for.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey Bernie, back to spin another yarn of unadulterated bs?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was thinking "Shadows" from babylon 5....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I know nothing about the OP ship, but since we're talking about organic type ships, here's one I always liked from Stargate Atlantis:

The hulls of Hive ships are composed of living, and growing, organic matter through the use of a unique type of biotechnology capable of growing at a rapid rate. This has afforded the Wraith Hive ship a number of advantages such as hull regeneration, providing them considerable protection in battles despite the fact that they lack any true energy shielding system.

stargate.wikia.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It can be the product of organic processes, or the product of inorganic processes.
Once it stops growing it is possible to maintain it's integrity until damaged, but unable to spontaneously repair itself.
Technically speaking once it is separate from the organism that produced it, it is no longer alive.
It simply becomes the byproduct of organic or inorganic synthesis, much like hair or nails once separate from the organism that made them they stop being "alive"
Even using this analogy there would still need to be come form of consumption to provide the raw materials for chitin.
Raw materials and perhaps a power source, maybe even a control system.

Like I said there may be ways to integrate a few organic systems into a manned space vehicle, but not the entire system.
Your analogy falls flat, even if you weren't saying chitin could serve to produce the hull and only using it as an example as a product of organic synthesis it doesn't work.
I've already stated that some systems can be organic, so just pointing out another example of that does nothing for your case.

Your attempt to deflect my valid points with one point doesn't do much.
The rude way in which you mask your retort also does a disservice to your point.

Obviously you aren't willing or able to refute the points I have brought up or you would have done so.

Find someone else to bother if you aren't willing to have a polite discussion on the merits.

I'm tired of "conversations" with true believers of anything, they aren't very polite and "accidentally" forget to refute valid points against their theory.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think I even saw one. Just updated my Thread.
What the heck is this? It looks like its changing shapes!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Accept it wouldn't be practical from an engineering stand point at all.

Sure some organic systems like organic oxygen scrubbers would be helpful.
The organic systems could even purify the waste water, thus providing double duty.

Other individual non connected systems like that might be beneficial.

Other than that it's simply not practical for all the reasons I listed in my previous post.

Actually, you are a lot closer that you might think.

Everyone and everything has a MerKaBa for individual use and can be combined for group use, i.e. big light ships that carry beings of light within them. This is an example of how extraterrestrials that are of light, move about in space ships as well. They travel in light ships; they are beings with bodies of light that travel in light ships. In all actuality they do not need a big light ship to travel in, because they have their own personal one, but as groups it serves many purposes to travel, coordinate and work together within the one vehicle These beings are not traveling in a typical technologically oriented ship but a MerKaBa light ship, a big ship carrying other little ships. The beings within have combined their energies to create one big MerKaBa.

The Divine Light of All That Is is revealed through the MerKaBa; higher teaching is revealed by the Lords of Light through MerKaBa. At the final stage of ascension those who are not using the gifts of the Holy Spirit will have their mind "blanked" out after a MerKaBa experience. This is done lest the physical mind be overloaded by the consciousness transference of data from higher intelligence. If your MerKaBa is active then you will remember through the transition and be aware of the Lords of Light.
source

Merkaba, also spelled Merkabah, is the Divine Light vehicle used by Ascended Masters to connect with, and reach those in tune with the Higher Realms. “Mer” means Light. “Ka” means Spirit. “Ba” means Body. Mer-Ka-Ba means the Spirit/Body, surrounded by counter-rotating fields of light, (wheels within wheels), spirals of energy as in DNA, which transports the Spirit/Body from one dimension to another at will.

The Merkabah is a UFO

Merkabah Information
I learned to form a Merkabah about 10 years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Interesting.

I'll have to Google that as I have never heard of a vessel composed of light before.

I don't think it has much bearing on the topic of organic ships.

At least not as such.

Currently our definition of organic does not extend to living light/energy beings.

What you're talking about is way beyond an organic ship as we currently know it.

Your example would be like finding blue prints for the Concord or Space shuttle in the Wright Brothers attic.

That said it's still interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join