It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The JFK Assassination, An Overview

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think to get an overview, we have to go back to Marilyn Monroe. On the day before Monroe was suicided, Dorothy Kilgallen had an article published that detailed the affair between Monroe and, although unnamed, someone identified as JFK. Kilgallen later stated she had RFK in mind. Kilgallen had always covered for JFK in the past. Now, the only people who truly had a motive to kill Monroe were JFK and RFK. Imagine every reporter asking Monroe about her affairs with the two brothers. JFK would not have been able to finish out his term. Senator Smathers of Florida leaked the affairs to Kilgallen. Smathers was a close associate of Bobby Baker and LBJ. So this was LBJ waging political warfare against JFK.
Hoover had been tracking Monroe, as her former husband Arthur Miller had been a communist. Hoover knew what happened to Monroe. Why did Monroe have to die? Reporters would have been looking into every possible meeting of RFK and JFK with her. So she had to die quickly. Suicide was a plausible solution to prevent her interrogation by reporters.
JFK was going to replace Johnson with Smathers as his VP running mate in 1964. Little did he know.
To conclude, there was a mob war between two gangs, the Johnson gang and the Kennedy gang. We know how that turned out.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

That was a really weird scene as you say. When I watch it, I get the sense they are clowning him. LBJ standing by looks him up an down as though for the last time(?). The whole thing with the hat and the "I'll try it in Washington, you can come and see me wear it there"...

LBJ hated he wasn't in charge, hated the Kennedys, they hated him even more. "Come to Dallas Mr. President. We'll show you a good time."

To this day, why he went against all advice is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I really rarely S/F posts, but this one is totally deserving.

Very informative and well laid out, worth a read. I would have liked a quip about the supposed connection to disclosure of UFO's, but understand that it's a good bit of speculation. Well done.

I think most people in the US who have taken a look into the Kennedy assassination, could safely conclude that there are unproven and unanswered issues and details. Minds who look into key event can find the tiniest, most minute detail to attack, but there are many in this case, and this case will never truly come to a close in my estimation.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
When I watch it, I get the sense they are clowning him. LBJ standing by looks him up an down as though for the last time(?).

I get the same idea, too. If I could read his mind at this moment LBJ is saying to himself "Enjoy this breakfast motherf---er cuz you aint' gonna live to see lunch."

The whole thing with the hat and the "I'll try it in Washington, you can come and see me wear it there"...

Ike wore a hat at times and so did Truman wore a hat. The funny thing is, JFK didn't like hats so why would they give JFK a hat for a gift?? Perhaps they were trying to embarrass him, or better yet, to test him.

Maybe the Fort Worth breakfast is a ritual before the assassination, much like the lyrics to the song "The eyes of Texas are upon you" could be seen as a ritualistic (and prophetic) choice for a boy's choir to sing on a Friday morning.

LBJ hated he wasn't in charge, hated the Kennedys, they hated him even more. "Come to Dallas Mr. President. We'll show you a good time."

To this day, why he went against all advice is beyond me.

JFK might have convinced himself that since he was in LBJ's home territory that he would be "safe".
Or maybe JFK convinced himself that by keeping LBJ close to him 1) at the Fort Worth breakfast 2) in the motorcade, that it would be "safe" for him to visit Texas for a very quick trip.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

get the same idea, too. If I could read his mind at this moment LBJ is saying to himself "Enjoy this breakfast motherf---er cuz you aint' gonna live to see lunch."

Exactly. Glad to hear someone else say it. When I saw that snapshot of the YouTube, I clicked, because I analyzed that before as well. Body language tells all. His normally disinterested and forlorn look was vanished and LBJ looked genuinely happy for a change. Cause he knew. That is the only explanation.

You also heard about the party at the mansion the night before with Hoover, right? And what about the swearing in ceremony after on the tarmac aboard Airforce One? LBJ invades the plane, makes everyone wait until a judge arrives and then rousts Jackie from the lavatory in her blood stained dress to watch? Like she ain't seen enough. My take on this is he was enjoying it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I had to reply twice.

The funny thing is, JFK didn't like hats so why would they give JFK a hat for a gift?? Perhaps they were trying to embarrass him, or better yet, to test him.

Good point. I never saw Jack wear a hat. They give him this big cowboy hat. Probably like you said to test him. "If we can get him to put it on, we'll let him live." And they tried too. It would have shown a little (just a smidgen) of respect if he had. A little southern hospitality never hurt anyone. But he didn't. He played them right back with his response. So they could all agree right then. "He will not bend one bit. Our conscience is clear. Get on with it." Scary. You know that Texas also is the home of the Saudi loving Bushes of US oil and all the subsequent wars in the Middle East (for oil).

JFK might have convinced himself that since he was in LBJ's home territory that he would be "safe".
Or maybe JFK convinced himself that by keeping LBJ close to him 1) at the Fort Worth breakfast 2) in the motorcade, that it would be "safe" for him to visit Texas for a very quick trip.

As long as LBJ was with him...in the limo. As long as his agent detail were on the running boards of his car. As long as the route had been cleared and all the windows in the buildings shut. As long as the top of the limo was on? I dunno.

Maybe he was reassured of all these things by everyone as usual, but somehow at the last moment this and that and then this changed so that he found himself on an altered route with a new driver and wheres LBJ and why is the top down and where are my guards?

JFK and Bobby both were fearless you know? They stood up to the Mob, The CIA (Cuba, Bay of Pigs), the FBI (Hoover), The Pentagon (Vietnam), The South (civil rights), what a warrior. What a Hero. What a fool. I say that last part gently. I could never have done what he done, and looking back is 20/20 hindsight. He bit off more than he could chew. He took em all on too quickly and then thought he was immortal or something.

This country has been off the track ever since.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the post loved it.

interesting story that one...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Last night, I watched a NETFLIX show on the assassination. The show examined 4-5 theories on who killed Kennedy. It brought up a lot of memories for me (I'm 57). I'm convinced, and have been for quite some time, that the Mafia was behind the killing due the presumed betrayal Joe Kennedy purportedly did to organized crime. It's well understood Joe had connections to the Chicago crime families running liquor and securing liquor distribution rights for the post-prohibition era.
At any rate, the details will not be released until like 2040 or something, after most of my generation is gone.
I just wonder if we would be such a conspericy driven group if the truth about the assassination, and the people who were responsible, we're brought to justice during the timing of the event. Would there be such crazy theories about 9/11 and that our government was involved? I kind of doubt it.
We were lied to about the JFK assisination and are still being lied to about today. Our country and system of freedom and democracy was destroyed in Nov 1963 and it has not returned. Until we get leaders who do not support the secret underbelly that makes decisions to further THEIR agenda (not the People of the US), we will always be fearful and untrusting of our supposed leaders.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Very nice. Most of this I had seen. The pic of the movie theater was neat. I first studied the assassination around 1972. I was 11. I never believed the Warren Commission. One of the last remaining perps in the cover- up just died. ARLEN SPECTER. He concocted the single bullet theory.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Been reading this till midnight great topic it enlightened me alot Flag +1 .

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hey Rising. I was wondering? if you had ever heard the story that LHO had two jobs as of 22 November 1963. He had one job over at Love Field for ~$300 a month and a job at the TSBD for ~$200 a month.

I'm getting this information from the classic Mae Brussel tapes. It sure seems that Oswald was being handled, and he was being handled in such a way as to force him into a position either at Love Field or TSBD on the day of the murder.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
what do you think of the missing bullet in his assassination. i've done some of my research including oswald,his gun,the 6 empty shells,both injuries the one in his back and head, even the man sitting in front of him who was injured as it went through john.even the close up clead static free pics and videos,and the pics of his exploded head. i also went to dallas with a group of searchers looking around the site and building,even looked at his car. whats with the national archives say "as of an unknown date they have misplaced his brain" after the autopsy and research it should have been returned to the family.very odd

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

We were lied to about the JFK assisination and are still being lied to about today.

Not really. Obscuration, misconception and confusion more than outright lying. Decades before the evidence volumes were ever digitized and made available to the internet public I used to stare amazingly, and in disbelief, at the purposely confusing nature of the volumes of evidence.

Oliver Stone's JFK, while a brilliant film in terms of cinematography, skill of the veteran actors, and focusing attention to the still unsolved crime, was a disaster in terms of presenting a work of fiction as a work of fact. That being said it has one of the most poignant lines ever delivered in historical cinema-that admittedly was not part of the screenplay, and ad-lib.

Orleans Parrish District attorney Jim Garrison-better known as the 'Golly Green Giant-played brilliantly by actor Kevin Costner-is setting at the supper table apparently talking to no one in particular when he says about the evidence volumes that he has studied:

" the sentence stops, the point gets lost, there is no index it's the sloppiest most disorganized investigation I have ever seen. I can't believe a man as intelligent as Earl Warren ever read what is in those volumes"

That statement-somewhat ad-lib by Costner-is the very essence of the entire event from November 1963 to today. Of course Chief Justice Warren never read the evidence volumes-he was absent from the hearing more than anyone except President Ford-who was the CIA's inside pointman to the entire hearings.

The hearings were not meant to outright lie to the public-they were meant to confuse them. And confuse they do-or still do-just as they did in December 1965 when they were released to today. They can be read in there 10 million word entirety at Mary Ferrell.

www.maryferrell.org...
edit on 15-7-2013 by spooky24 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What`s happened to the author of these JFK threads, Rising Agent ?
As the fiftieth anniversary is upon us. I was expecting to see a new thread for us by this brilliant researcher.

I`ve just watched a documentary on the UK`s channel five......JFK`s secret killer...the evidence.
They came to the conclusion that the fatal bullet was fired from a CIA agents rifle in the car travelling behind Kennedys limo.
They say it was witnessed by eleven people.....seven of whom were CIA agents.

Their opinion was that it was a dreadful mistake and basically....it should now be put to bed.
Are these people for real ?

Where are you Rising agent ?
Your opinion is really needed.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A Dream Shattered on that day,,
for those that remember what the White House could have been.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The JFK Assassination, An Overview

Here's my overview. JFK is constantly being tested by MIC and CIA in his early presidency. Nixon and LBJ want revenge for 1960. JFK gave the military industrial complex a bone by agreeing to a moon landing program. But it was not enough.

The MIC and CIA wanted more involvement but JFK was seen as soft on communism, and I look at the last two National Security Action memos as the final straw... JFK was not good for business!

NSAM 271 Cooperation with the USSR on Outer Space Matters
NSAM 272 Safety Rules for Nuclear Weapons Systems Source www.fas.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oswald's tax returns are classified, and have never been released, unlike every other major person involved in the 1963 assassination. This is because Oswald was on the US government payroll. Oswald, seven months prior to the JFK assassination, tried to shoot General Edwin Walker, while Walker was sitting in his home doing his tax returns. Neighbors saw two men leave in a car after the near miss shooting. Previously, RFK had General Walker illegally arrested and placed in a mental hospital. Doctors and the ACLU protested, until General Walker was released. So now consider the possibility - Oswald was one of two assassins, hired by the US government at the direction of RFK, to assassinate General Walker. This is what General Walker believed to be true. Did General Walker find out Oswald was the man who took a shot at him?
So General Walker decides to kill JFK or RFK before they kill him. This is now pure self defense. He has close associates in New Orleans including David Ferrie and Guy Bannister. Is it that hard to hire two assassins, and to frame Oswald?
en.wikipedia.org...
"In December 1966, Garrison interviewed Jack Martin. Martin claimed that during the summer of 1963, David Ferrie, Guy Banister, Lee Harvey Oswald, and a group of anti-Castro Cuban exiles were involved in operations against Castro's Cuba that included gun running activities and burglarizing armories.[32] Garrison would later write: "The Banister apparatus ... was part of a supply line that ran along the Dallas—New Orleans—Miami corridor. These supplies consisted of arms and explosives for use against Castro's Cuba."[32]"
"According to testimony by Banister's personal secretary, Delphine Roberts, Ferrie and Oswald were frequent visitors to Banister's office in 1963. She remembered Ferrie as "one of the agents." "Many times when he came into the office he used the private office behind Banister's, and I was told he was doing private work. I believed his work was somehow connected with the CIA rather than the FBI..."[33]"

While the CIA never took part in the assassination, they had to closely control the investigation, to prevent the public from finding out JFK and RFK ran an attempted hit on General Walker. And perhaps other assassinations. RFK could not push for a deeper investigation, and allowed the Warren Commission to be a public relations event - that the FBI always got their man.
edit on 17-11-2013 by Matt1951 because: To correct a misspelled word.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rising Against

Sam Holland heard the muffled shot from the sewer hole to the right lower corner of the Limo that caused the explosive head wound.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

RA has been dead for almost 3 years, unless you have a working Ouija board he isn't going to reply.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Having seen everything related to the JFK assassination over the years, you want to know something most of you don't want to hear? There is a definitive documentary on the assassination, narrated by the late Peter Jennings, that actually proves Oswald was a lone gunman, by indisputable computer modeling and other tests, which confirm the bullet paths, that one person could, indeed, fire all the shots. This documentary was completely scientific and with lucid forensics. Now, nobody can say who may have put Oswald up to it, influenced him, some theories on this that can never be verified, but he was, bottom line, a head case and a serious, narcissistic loser, albeit a real marksman, unfortunately, seeking notoriety. (I do think somebody in the mafia, for instance, may have pimped Oswald, but in the form of manipulating the mind of a deranged idiot.) As with most all conspiracies, the plain truth is too boring for people who refuse skeptical, critical thinking-out their favorite conspiracy myths. Fact is, the lone gunman of the Warren Commission is the ONLY feasible explanation the forensics will support. The rest? Good material for a Hollywood movie, like some Oliver Stone fiction.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join