It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Freed In Tax Evasion Case. IRS Failed To Prove US Citizen Tax Liability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I heard of this happening down in florida a few years ago by 2 NASCAR drivers. They won too. Nice to see there are some public officials that show integrity over political agenda.
"A U.S. District Court judge in Phoenix dealt federal prosecutors an unusual blow last week by dismissing charges midway through a jury trial against a man accused of tax evasion.

Chief Judge Roslyn Silver acquitted James Parker of Carefree on eight charges of tax evasion after ruling that government lawyers failed to make their case.

Silver's decision came after lawyers for the U.S. Attorney's Office rested their case and she asked both sides to explain why the defense should continue."
AZ Central

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

As long as Wesley and Willy have no justice, I'll continue to pay my ransom....err taxes.
I'd imagine this sort of case will be retried in a higher court.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

They can't retry. Double jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The article you linked to doesn't say anything about an inability to prove US citizen tax liability.

According to this article he apparently wasn't very popular with the locals in Oklahoma and might've brought this all on himself. I'd like to see the results of his wife's trial too.
edit on 21-8-2012 by links234 because: Wrong state.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
I heard of this happening down in florida a few years ago by 2 NASCAR drivers. They won too. Nice to see there are some public officials that show integrity over political agenda.
"A U.S. District Court judge in Phoenix dealt federal prosecutors an unusual blow last week by dismissing charges midway through a jury trial against a man accused of tax evasion.

Chief Judge Roslyn Silver acquitted James Parker of Carefree on eight charges of tax evasion after ruling that government lawyers failed to make their case.

Silver's decision came after lawyers for the U.S. Attorney's Office rested their case and she asked both sides to explain why the defense should continue."
AZ Central

This isn't really a story of fighting unjust taxes. This is a story about a very wealthy man who hid his income in order to avoid paying taxes and then claimed "hardship" even though he was still worth millions. He's just another rich guy who almost got caught doing something illegal by screwing over the rest of us.

No "stickin' to the man" type of justice here because he was actually sticking it to us.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If the title of this OP was true.........................all hell would be breaking loose in this country!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Jacqueline Parker is scheduled for trial in July. Read more: www.azcentral.com...

I wonder if she is the wife or child and what the charges are.

top topics

join